Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is Crossdressing so relaxing? Is it Ok to do everyday? Thanks :)

I dress every day, though not entirely for professional reasons. I'm not concerned with being caught as all my coworkers, wife and friends know about me. Haven't told the kids or my wife's family, per her request, but it is likely they suspect.

I just feel more comfortable, dressed femme. Underdressed, fully dressed, somewhere in between; it doesn't really matter.

I find it too hard for me to dress every day. That would be exhausting.

I go 100% or nothing, no underdressing with man's clothes on top.

When I do dress up I just love it. Totally relaxes me. At times I forget I am dressed up. I walk past a mirror and surprise myself. I am getting very comfortable dressed up.

Banned Read only
    The short answer is cross-dressing provides a distraction from the stresses of life. It offers a chance to almost take on a different role in life.

Aww AmyJordan, thats really sweet, thanks for the compliment on my name!! hugs -Alyssa

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

OrdinaryAverageGuy When it come to like being caught, Im not too worried about it haha. My Mom and my brother would most likely be very understanding. Im just not ready to tell them, if i do. I did joke around with my Mom about it though. She didnt seem to mind.

Welcome to the forum Alyssa! It's definitely good to do it every day if you can, and for me the reason why dressing is so relaxing is probably because I wear romantic lingerie to bed almost every night. Nothing more relaxing than slipping into beautiful lingerie.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    By becoming another person we can detach ourselves from the problems, stresses and responsibilities of our own selves and entirely unwind and relax. the "Woman" part serves to provide even MORE separation from our male identity and also remove the stresses and responsibilities of simply being a MALE. It also throws in an additional erotic element for some of us that makes it even MORE fun.

Seems that it?d be OK within your comfort level.

Alice

I've always found peace when I let Christina out. I feel a weight has been lifted and I?m more relaxed. She doesn?t have to deal with my stress outside. She cures it.

Oh Darling, "WE are who we are" if you are in your safe space you be you. Best thing in my life was just being CD me.
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Marina Twelve 200, You have pretty well wrote my response. All I would add is the rush from being that other persona without being focused on by others. And I have found the fun in the transformation and impersonations of people I know and or admire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Yes, the Brain ALSO tries to "defend" or protect one's normal identity by creating a psychological "wall" or "Boundry" we don't cross. Once we DO cross it there is an INTENSE "RUSH" that many find pleasurable in itself. Could be called "Taboo Tripping" many get into CD simply for this RUSH, although, for many of us "escapists" it's just an extra part of the fun. It's the same rush we get going through with MANY things that scare us. "Daredevils" thrive on it. Although MY CDing is an effort to "escape myself" and then ultimately "relax", I can also see why SOME CD for the rush itself,
    And Stacey Darling-- Not ALL of us think our CD persona is our "real self". Just the opposite. Many, like you, may CD to "Be Me", but many of us also CD to become "Not ME". WE are the "escapists" Where CDing works just as well for YOU as it Does for US, but for different reasons.
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 02-22-2024 at 08:13 AM.

Funny that this post and the timing are so right for me today. This morning I had a employee trip my trigger the worst in years. After dealing with them I was in need of relief. I found this post right afterwards and knew it was the reason I CD and the therapy it provides is almost instantaneous. I came in the house and transformed into Fran. As soon as I was 1/2 way changed I was forgetting the stress and anger. Now that I have been in this persona for a couple of hours I am feeling normal again and the day is much brighter. Escape from myself has always been a big part of my CD drive and aides in my good health both physical and mental/emotional. Sharing this post is satisfying also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Dresses are far less of a hassle than a shirt and trousers. I just slip on a dress instead of having to fiddle and coordinate a top and a bottom.. Also I don't have that wedge of cloth against my male junk.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I have been dressing almost every day for a couple years. Just don't let it take over the things you need to do that you can't do dressed.

Yes, there are things I do where I have to wear trousers such a replacing roof shingles and running wires through the attic. And yes, sometimes I wear a man's coat and tie outfit on Sunday mornings. Otherwise I wear dresses the great majority of the time.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

IMHO it's OK to dress as often as you want. It just depends on what you are comfortable with.

Dressing has always been very private for me, I dress every day, as soon as I finish work. I love satin, and like nothing better than having a bath, and slipping in to a satin chemise and robe (like right now) I spend my days, having to be a proper bloke at work, one of the lads, when I get home,,, I like pretty things.

maybe I don't read as much in to it as others...I don't know as it relieves my stress, or allows me to 'escape.' or assume another persona. I Like it, it's fun. Pretty simple

I've dabbled since age eleven with crossdressing. Through the years my reasons have changed. Now I do it alot to leave my sometimes troubled world and enjoy less stress. If I'm having a bad day, my wife will tell me to go dress up and relax

Its "Relaxing" and stress relieving, because at an important level, one becomes ANOTHER PERSON who does not have the "baggage", worries and concerns of the person left behind. The "Woman part" of it manes the separation even wider and also lets one ALSO drop the concerns and "responsibilities" of simply "being a man" ---- Thus in this state one can COMPLETELY relax without any worries or responsibilities associated with "that other person" or normal "Men's feelings" as well. IT is a "VACATION away from ones self, with the added benefit of the pleasant sensation of 'feeling pretty". Of course, I consider "Marina" as being the "Not me", which induces the separation, and therefore the relaxation. I wonder if those CDers who consider their En femme form "The real me" get a similar relaxing effect as us "Escapist types" do?--- OR do they seek something else?

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I'm reminded of the TV show M.A.S.H.and one episode about Hawkeye. He was playing basketball in the middle of the night with his dream world friends from back in the states. When they called in Dr. Sidney, the Shrink, he thought it was a perfectly normal way of coping with the stress that Hawkeye was going through, after all he had made it all of the way back to his hometown in his dreams.

CD'ing is a perfectly good way of coping with the struggles, anxieties, and issues that come into our lives. We get to remove ourselves from the stress and problems that weight us down. We can for a time be someone else who has no particular issues other than enjoying a time of peace. It is by far superior to drinking, or drugs. Even if you end your time of dressing with a time of playing with yourself, the endorphin and dopamine release is healthier for you than other things.

Dress for success, and enjoy your time as your alter ego. Just remember your wife also needs some attention too.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Hi and good question. Since retiring two years ago I find time to dress almost every day. I sometimes sort of partially dress with undergarments, mom jeans and a cute top but I then put on my hoodie and walk our dog. 90 per cent of the time I dress as a housewife or gg would and do house chores and the like. I am at the point in my life where it is a way to feel my natural self.

I find it relaxing, because crossdressing makes me feel like I’m my real self. I spend much of my day pretending to be male. I don’t mind doing that, because I think it’s fun to play roles. But eventually it gets exhausting. I consider myself to be a female who was born with male body parts. When I don female clothing, I feel that I’m giving up the pretense and I’m reverting to my true self. I get no particular thrill from crossdressing, just the feeling that I am now showing the world who I really am. The person who I was always supposed to be. I feel kinder, gentler and more loving, and that’s a good feeling.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.