Thread: 12 questions and answers___ what this life is really like

12 questions and answers___ what this life is really like

So many initially have questions about this behavior, I've thought for a long time
    that it would be good to have a good quick reference for those with questions that
    they could browse to see what this life is really like. Who knows this could grow into a sticky...

Remember too many are twitter challenged and want short short responses. So think
    of this as an outline of most common questions with YOUR answers

12 most common questions:

1. What is frequency of dressing?: X times a monthly, week, or day? ; What time of day do you dress
    2. SO: What is current attitude towards: 0 to 10 with 10 being best
    3. who else knows: kids? siblings? neighbors? everyone?
    4. How often are you outside of home dressed?
    5. Describe your 3 most popular outfits
    6. Describe your popular makeup style

7. How long been in current understanding?
    8. What is your satisfation to current situation: 0 to 10 with 10 being best
    9. What do you like most?
    10. What do you miss most?
    11. How frequent talk, or kid each other, about this thing we label as crossdressing?
    12. What, if anything, would you like to change in next 12 months?

1. What is frequency of dressing?: X times a monthly, week, or day? ; What time of day do you dress Answer 24/7/365
    2. SO: What is current attitude towards: 0 to 10 with 10 being best. Answer 10
    3. who else knows: kids? siblings? neighbors? everyone? Answer Everyone
    4. How often are you outside of home dressed? 24/7
    5. Describe your 3 most popular outfits. Answer Avon little black dress, Leggings & pretty blouse and pink and black retro dress 50?s style plus everyone comments on it.
    6. Describe your popular makeup style Answer Mascara, liner, Eye shadow & Red Lipstick

7. How long been in current understanding? The last 13 months 24/7
    8. What is your satisfation to current situation: 0 to 10 with 10 being best. Answer 10
    9. What do you like most? Nylons, panties, bra and perfume daily
    10. What do you miss most? Answer Not coming out completely sooner. All the time I?ve wasted not coming out
    11. How frequent talk, or kid each other, about this thing we label as crossdressing? Answer Anytime they have questions I give answers I never have pushed myself on them.
    12. What, if anything, would you like to change in next 12 months? Answer to lose another 15 lbs and get my breast back like I had before losing 100 lbs total. Working on breasts again exercise etc.

1. What is frequency of dressing?: X times a monthly, week, or day? ; What time of day do you dress?
    - daily at home
    - get dressed first thing and stay dressed unless we're expecting company or getting out
    - I dress as a man who wears clothes marketed to women. I have never presented or considered presenting as a woman.

- wife
    - therapist
    - a couple of sales associates (one KNOWS and a few others "know")
    - I think my daughter knows that her father is atypical, but has no idea of the extent

- mild stealth mode occasionally

- none are ?popular?
    - I wear leggings regularly at home
    - The outfits I've chosen to wear to therapy sessions would probably represent my favorite styles. I?ve worn dresses, skirts, leggings, etc...
    - Variety is my favorite thing about women's clothes so it comes down to what catches my attention any morning when I look in my closet.

6. Describe your popular makeup style?
    - minimalistic... lip gloss and mascara

- it's been fairly static for a couple of years

8. What is your satisfaction to current situation: 0 to 10 with 10 being best
    - 5 to 7 depending on the day

- finding that I actually feel stronger and more masculine by asserting my right to choose
    - I like that the things I wear make me feel special in a way that drab never did. Drab is the perfect word to describe how I have always felt (and been treated) when presenting as a typical man.

- there's been a fair amount of unpleasantness in my tastes becoming apparent to my wife, but I don?t miss anything about how it was before

11. How frequent talk, or kid each other, about this thing we label as crossdressing?
    - misread the question first time around...
    - we virtually never talk about "it" directly. I wear what i wear and she just adjusts
    - we both are sensitive about being misunderstood so there's not a lot of teasing

- a tad bit more of a public presentation of my own tastes.
    Last edited by Bea_; 02-01-2024 at 04:58 PM.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar

1. What is frequency of dressing? Underdress all the time.
    2. SO: What is current attitude towards: 0 to 10 with 10 being best. Nine.
    3. who else knows? Wife and therapist.
    4. How often are you outside of home dressed? Underdress all the time.
    5. Describe your 3 most popular outfits? Skirts and hosiery, very often at home.
    6. Describe your popular makeup style? I don?t do makeup.
    7. How long been in current understanding? 30 plus years.
    8. What is your satisfaction to current situation? Nine, I have no problems with our arrangement.
    9. What do you like most? All thing lingerie. I sleep in a nightgown also.
    10. What do you miss most? Nothing to miss.
    11. How frequent talk, or kid each other, about this thing we label as crossdressing? Occasionally. She will tease me if I?m showing any lace from a camisole.
    12. What, if anything, would you like to change in next 12 months? Just to maintain the status quo.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

1. What is frequency of dressing?: X times a monthly, week, or day? ; What time of day do you dress Almost every day to some extent.
    2. SO: What is current attitude towards: 0 to 10 with 10 being best : To my great surprise, I have a new girlfriend! Her attitude is 10.

3. who else knows: kids? siblings? neighbors? everyone? Everyone who is really important to me. Only 1 neighbor.
    4. How often are you outside of home dressed? Only twice this past January.
    5. Describe your 3 most popular outfits 1) the LBD I wore to the Diva social. 2)Long skirts and boots 3) Something else when I feel like mixing it up.
    6. Describe your popular makeup style The looks my make-up artist girlfriend gives me.

7. How long been in current understanding? Very recently: Why am I always the last to know?!
    8. What is your satisfation to current situation: 0 to 10 with 10 being best: Is there a 10 on cloud 9?
    9. What do you like most? Kissing my new girlfriend!
    10. What do you miss most? : Tuesday nights at the Tiffany club.
    11. How frequent talk, or kid each other, about this thing we label as crossdressing? Daily.
    12. What, if anything, would you like to change in next 12 months? I'd like to finish up electrolysis. But I know that won't happen. Too far to go.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Here's mine:

1. What is frequency of dressing?: X times a monthly, week, or day? Maybe weekly, but more subject to opportunity than calendar. ; What time of day do you dress Can be anytime.
    2. SO: What is current attitude towards: 0 to 10 with 10 being best - 10, but I know that could change if push it too far if I'm not careful and consider her feelings
    3. who else knows: kids? siblings? neighbors? everyone? My wife is the only one who know both sides of me.
    4. How often are you outside of home dressed? Similar to answer #1
    5. Describe your 3 most popular outfits - It's situational. For photos pink blouse and pencil skirt, perhaps with jacket For out and about I like to blend in with style. And boots - always boots!
    6. Describe your popular makeup style Pretty minimal. I like to look as natural and believable as possible, knowing I also need every advantage to appear feminine

7. How long been in current understanding? 2 1/2 years.
    8. What is your satisfaction to current situation: 0 to 10 with 10 being best -10.
    9. What do you like most? That I do not have to hide or sneak around to do this.
    10. What do you miss most? Nothing
    11. How frequent talk, or kid each other, about this thing we label as crossdressing? When it comes up. Never derogatory, often humorous. Not a major issue around here.
    12. What, if anything, would you like to change in next 12 months? Just to get out more, see new friends.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Most relevant answers:

1. What is frequency of dressing?: X times a monthly, week, or day? ; What time of day do you dress
    I can dress whenever I like because I live alone!

Only my kids, sister, and ex. And, maybe 2000 other folks who I've met out or online! None of old friends or extended family know!

One to four times a month.

I rarely wear make up!

Nothing I can think of! But, when something comes up? I'll change it then!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 02-01-2024 at 01:33 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    1. What is frequency of dressing?: daily, 6-7 days per week, all day.
    2. SO: What is current attitude towards: 0 - meaning NO SO
    3. Who knows: kids, a few siblings, neighbors, former co-workers
    4. How often are you outside of home dressed: if this means out in public, several times a week.
    5. Describe your 3 most popular outfits: I have not conducted a poll. I mostly wear sweaters and jeans this time of year.
    6. Describe your popular makeup style: similarly, I cannot say what might be popular. Just light foundation, a touch of blush, a little eye shadow, light liner and mascara.
    7. How long been in current understanding? Four years, I suppose.
    8. What is your satisfation to current situation: 7/10. Nothing is perfect, but it could be a lot worse!
    9. What do you like most? Daily freedom to live as I wish.
    10. What do you miss most? I sometimes miss having a companion.
    11. How frequent talk, or kid each other, about this thing we label as crossdressing? Maybe every few weeks.
    12. What, if anything, would you like to change in next 12 months? Travel a bit more.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

1. What is frequency of dressing?nce a month
    2. SO: What is current attitude towards: 9
    3. who else knows: kids? no one other than you ladies
    4. How often are you outside of home dressed? 12 times a yearly
    5. Describe your 3 most popular outfits. I have a sari, a great CK LBD and a red gown.
    6. Describe your popular makeup style. Foundation, blush, eye make and lipstick.
    7. How long been in current understanding? 20 you ears
    8. What is your satisfation to current situation: 8
    9. What do you like most? Hard to say
    10. What do you miss most? having my house to myself.
    11. How frequent talk, or kid each other, about this thing we label as crossdressing? every time I dress.
    12. What, if anything, would you like to change in next 12 months? Have my house to myself.
    Last edited by alwayshave; 02-01-2024 at 08:01 PM.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Surprising few of the DADT members have responded.

about 5 times a week, after dinner
    just kids
    only once
    white ruffled top with variety of mini skirts, mini dress with puff sleeves, and shelf bra chemise for sleep
    what makeup? lipstick and rarely light foundation and powder
    2 years
    being able to relax and play at something with more freedom
    sometimes, not having the desire
    talk a few times a year, kid many times weekly
    going out dressed, once fully party makeup, finding a wig I could wear nightly

#1--Private dresser, so usually once a week, usually during the day, but this doesn't count the days I under dress #2--7 #3 only friends on line #4--Never in public #5--A retro 50 dress with petticoat, a red plenum dress, and a LBD #6--don't have one #7--10yrs #8--8 #9-- Getting all girly girl and the soft slinky feeling of girls clothes, especially stocking on my bare legs #10--Not being able to do it more often and with my wife #11--not to often it depends on my wife's mood and stress level #12--Get my wife to see me dressed in real life

Here are my answers:

1. I dress about 4-5 times a week. Most of my dressing is done during the day, generally the afternoon.

2. My current SO's feeling toward my dressing is a 5. They recognize its a needed outlet for me but they don't want to be involved.

3. A few people know including family members and friends.

4. Currently, every time I dress I am out of the home. I'm currently integrating my femineity into my everyday activities more and more.

5. My current favorite outfits are everyday attire. I wear leggings, jeans, sweaters, boots, sneakers, etc. I want to blend in with the other women I see out in places like the market, stores and the mall. I'm in the NE US where its cold now but in the spring, I want to start wearing dresses and skirts out more.

6. I tend to minimalize my makeup since my skills leave something to be desired. I really do love the smoky eye look and would like that to become my everyday look.

7. My current understanding has been in place for about 7 years.

8. My current satisfaction level is about 3. I love getting out as frequently as I do but my preference is to be full time and possibly even start low dose HRT.

9. I like being my authentic self out in the world. I also enjoy collecting clothes and shoes for my wardrobe. Women's clothing styles are so much more varied and fun to work with. I do get a sense of gender euphoria when dressed and I just love that!!

10. When I'm not dressed, I miss being dressed!

11. We don't talk about it a lot. There are times when my spouse likes to show me things she bought almost as if she is seeking approval.

12. In the next 12 months, I would like to go full time although I don't see that happening. Similarly, I would like to start low dose HRT to see what I does for my dysphoria. Again. probably not happening. Realistically, I would like to change my wardrobe up a bit and wear more skirts and dresses.

I enjoy exercises like this because it makes me stop and take stock of my situation. It's a great aid for self realization.

Good thought provoking questions 🤔

1. What is frequency of dressing?: X times a monthly, week, or day? ; What time of day do you dress. I try to dress all the time. It's only if going out I'll try to dress more manly but then if will be in women's trousers if possible.
    2. SO: What is current attitude towards: 0 to 10 with 10 being best. 10 very supportive and understanding
    3. who else knows: kids? siblings? neighbors? everyone? Wife and one stepdaughter
    4. How often are you outside of home dressed? Always underdressed and occasionally will drive dressed. Spend time dressed in the garden.
    5. Describe your 3 most popular outfits. Black pencil skirt with white blouse. Above the knee skirt with black tights and black jumper. Blue flowery Monsoon dress 👗
    6. Describe your popular makeup style. I have long hair so wear it loose with hair grips to hold in place. Never wear any makeup 💄 but love earrings

7. How long been in current understanding? 3 years since retirement
    8. What is your satisfation to current situation: 0 to 10 with 10 being best. Defo 10
    9. What do you like most? Freedom to dress as I please
    10. What do you miss most? Probably any desire to dress up in manly clothes
    11. How frequent talk, or kid each other, about this thing we label as crossdressing? Only told one daughter and we had a chat about it but she is fab and very understanding
    12. What, if anything, would you like to change in next 12 months? Would love to be able to dress all the time but no way I could pass in public.
    Last edited by Andrea1964; 02-02-2024 at 10:32 AM.

At least two days a week, usually more. All day.

N/A, we've been divorced for 15 years.

My ex-wife. My therapist. Everyone I encounter when I go out. I'd be surprised if none of neighbors have seen me out.

At least two days a week.

A floral print black dress, a black skirt with a cream colored sweater, a gray satin skirt with the same sweater or black long sleeve top.

15 years

10+

The freedom to be myself

A life partner

N/A

Retire, so I don't have to pretend to be a man for professional reasons.

Aspiring Member
    Maybe once a week.
    14 below zero. That is a generous estimate.
    Daughter, though only suspects it. No one else who could attach name to face.
    Four or five times a year. On long trips away from home.
    Two are all illustrated on this forum.
    A Maggie London black illusion yoke dress with heels. Minimal jewelry because the dress is so fab all by itself.
    A good quality dirndl, a Bavarian ethnic dress most commonly associated with Oktoberfest. Dancing shoes, hair, and jewelry for the occasion.
    A denim skort from Boston Proper with tights and booties, a white top also from Boston Proper. My topper makes the outfit, a dark moto jacket for an edgy vibe, or a white denim jacket for a better dressed casual look, or a light sweater with flats for a relaxed but nice casual look. Minimal jewelry.

Light daytime makeup

Twenty years
    4. I must keep everything hidden if I want peace but I buy stuff without asking permission.
    Going to theatre dolled up
    Not sure
    Never. This is no laughing matter. There is nothing to discuss.
    Lose more weight. I lost 10kg between Sept and Dec but I am plateaued for now.

[QUOTE=abby054;4683292]1. What is frequency of dressing?: X times a monthly, week, or day? ; What time of day do you dress
    Without wig and makeup about 3x per week. With wig and makeup about 1 per month
    8 She is ok as long as no wig and little makeup. happy for me to go further when she is out.
    3. who else knows: kids? siblings neighbours
    Hopefully noone aside from MUA
    Four or five times a year. I can pop to the shops and get supplies but it would be more fun with my partner.
    Sweater dresses, tights, boots

Evening makeup style. But not dramatic.

Came clean 20 years ago, tolerance increased steadily.
    8. She will help me buy stuff, comment on outfits. But, understandably doesnt want others to know. Even strangers in stores.
    Going to the mall when a long way from home
    Being younger!
    most days
    I have more leaway than most. I count myself extremely fortunate

1. What is frequency of dressing? Underdress all the time. Outwardly dress at home every evening and overnight with bras, forms, and nighties.
    2. SO: What is current attitude towards: 0 to 10 with 10 being best. Six.
    3. who else knows? Wife, 1 friend/co-worker, and 1 relative
    4. How often are you outside of home dressed? Underdress all the time.
    5. Describe your 3 most popular outfits? I have several dresses which are favorites as well as a pair of jeans with several different tops.
    6. Describe your popular makeup style? very basic with concealer, foundation, powder, and lipstick. Working on eyeliner and lashes.
    7. How long been in current understanding? about 3 years.
    8. What is your satisfaction to current situation? Nine. I would enjoy my wife going out with me as her girlfriend for dinner, a movie, shopping, whatever.
    9. What do you like most? Everything I wear. I do really enjoy wearing bras with my forms. I love the illusion of having boobs.
    10. What do you miss most? Not a thing except the public's acceptance of those of us who CD.
    11. How frequent talk, or kid each other, about this thing we label as crossdressing? Not often - once every few months maybe.
    12. What, if anything, would you like to change in next 12 months? I'd like to get a makeover to see what might be possible.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

It varies, but usually several times a week. I usually dress all day, but sometimes getting ready late afternoon to go out with my wife for dinner or drinks
    2. SO: What is current attitude towards: 0 to 10 with 10 being best 11
    3. who else knows: kids? siblings? neighbors? everyone? My one kid and her husband + my grandchild (who is non-binary); NO siblings or other family members; I have not had one-one convos with neighbors, but I go out to get in the car dressed, and sometimes take the trash down our long driveway to the street, so I have to assume than most if not all have seen me; I am out to a several friends and associates; I am out to people in several stores and restaurants
    4. How often are you outside of home dressed? Same as #1; if I dress up, I almost always go out. It's become pretty normal. I work from home, so if I'm dressing all day to work, I frequently go out at lunchtime just to get out of the house. I go out on weekends for errands, walks, whatever; I have travelled on Amtrak dressed, and gone camping with our camping trailer dressed.
    5. Describe your 3 most popular outfits My favorite outfits are all skirts + tops -- I have a plain slightly flared blue denim skirt that I have paired with a bright pink top; I have a brown ruffled skirt with turquoise designs that I pair with a ribbed grey sweater; I have a black skirt with subdued floral prints that I pair with a dark top. It's hard to choose just 3! I wear clip-on hoop earrings and a selection of necklaces; I usually wear flats, but own some heels that I wear around the house when I'm feeling extra girly. I have only worn heels out once.
    6. Describe your popular makeup style I'm still a beginner with makeup, so it's minimal. I would never go full glamour, it's just not me. I use liquid foundation + powder, eyebrow gel and pencil, mascara if it's a special occasion, and usually a darker lipstick. I don't try to look like someone on TV going to a gala; I try to blend with normal GGs.

7. How long been in current understanding? About 5 years of a 43 year marriage.
    8. What is your satisfation to current situation: 0 to 10 with 10 being best 10
    9. What do you like most? Just wearing "my" (i.e. female) clothes as much as I can
    10. What do you miss most? Working hard not to miss anything. I would like to get my ears pierced, and may make that happen in the next few months. I am already living the crossdresser's dream.
    11. How frequent talk, or kid each other, about this thing we label as crossdressing? Almost daily. I usually bring it up, but sometimes she does. She buys me stuff if she sees something I'd like; she knows my colors better than me.
    12. What, if anything, would you like to change in next 12 months? As mentioned in #10, I'd like to get my ears pierced so I could wear a bigger variety of earrings. I'd like to come out to some of my family members.

I wear panties all the time, and a camisole moat of the time at home. I fully dress on school days while the house is empty and work from home.

No SO

A few online strangers and one friend.

Never openly dressed, at least, not yet. I'm always wearing at least panties under my male clothes, and sometimes a camisole.

- A red set of panties, nightie, hold ups, gloves and thin dressing gown. Very comfortable!
    - Any panty with any camisole to wear under male clothes
    - A red sleeveless dress with a white shrug, black hose and black high heels.

I have not ventured into makeup as yet.

Three months, it was only occasional before.

6 - I'd like to dress a lot more and gain confidence to head out.

The feel of the fabrics but also the sensation of seeing myself looking so different and fabulous.

Not accepting my desires sooner.

Rarely as I know so few dressers and I'm very closeted.

A larger range of clothes, learn makeup and maybe even go out.

Every night for bedtime - romantic lingerie or satin pjs.

10, my boyfriend loves my dressing and is extremely supportive and encouraging.

Boyfriend, mom and boyfriend's mom.

Panties occasionally, that's it.

Bridal negligee, satin chemise/robe set, and satin pjs.

I almost never wear makeup.

Over 10 years.

Definitely a 10!

Wearing lingerie, there's nothing like it. And being able to wear it for a guy.

Not missing anything right now.

Almost every night at bedtime when my boyfriend sees me in lingerie.

Nothing, I love where I'm at.

1. Frequency: daily
    2. A 10+ totally supportive and helpful.
    3. No one knows.
    4. Go out, often
    5. 1. Pencil skirt with top, 2. Slacks with top, 3. Shorts with top. Hose always.
    6. Makeup. Subtle
    7. From the get-go.
    8. 10
    9. Getting dressed in the morning, especially slipping on hose and getting ready for bed.
    10. Nothing
    11. Tease, Often
    12. Change? Nothing

1. What is frequency of dressing?: X times a monthly, week, or day? ; What time of day do you dress underdress daily, 3 to 4 days a week 730 to 5

2. SO: What is current attitude towards: 0 to 10 with 10 being best 2

3. who else knows: kids? siblings? neighbors? everyone? wife she knows but does not like it

4. How often are you outside of home dressed? maybe 2 times a year

5. Describe your 3 most popular outfits depends how feel

7. How long been in current understanding? 4 yrs

8. What is your satisfation to current situation: 0 to 10 with 10 being best 1 we need to have a talk again looking for a right time

9. What do you like most? the feeling I get from it

10. What do you miss most? not being able to present myself true self

11. How frequent talk, or kid each other, about this thing we label as crossdressing? talk thats funny dadt

12. What, if anything, would you like to change in next 12 months? would like more but I am going to take what I can
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

1. What is frequency of dressing?: X times a monthly, week, or day? ; What time of day do you dress .... Once maybe twice a week...usually in the evening
    2. SO: What is current attitude towards: 0 to 10 with 10 being best....... Supportive....offers advice. Sometimes buys items she likes to see me in.
    3. who else knows: kids? siblings? neighbors? everyone?..... Just my wife....as far as I'm aware
    4. How often are you outside of home dressed? Sometimes in the garden....only ever been out in the car once.
    5. Describe your 3 most popular outfits..... Tartan skirt & cream blouse. Yellow flower summer dress. Black basque,stocking and lacey panties
    6. Describe your popular makeup style....still experimenting so at the moment its a wing it and see kind of style. lol

7. How long been in current understanding?....... 15+ years
    8. What is your satisfation to current situation: 0 to 10 with 10 being best......5 or 6 maybe
    9. What do you like most?.....I just like the comfortable feeling of wear a dress or skirt
    11. How frequent talk, or kid each other, about this thing we label as crossdressing?....Often have a joke with each other about me lending her my cloths if she's looking for something different to wear. Only this evening she said about buying some new bra's because one hers had a broken wire....so I said I lend her one of mine but I doubt they'd fit....she'd struggle to get one boob in. lol
    12. What, if anything, would you like to change in next 12 months?...... I want to improve my make-up skills and maybe grow my hair longer.