Thread: Static give-away

Static give-away

Reading through the many pages here, one can find numerous events that give away that you are wearing women's clothing. Well, I just discovered another one: Static.
    Are you the only one in your space that continuously gets static shocks? Do people wonder why? Well, It most likely is the nylon panties your wearing.

I started complaining about the shocks I was getting, until I realized the cause. Thought it better to just put up with them than upset the delicate balance of DADT.
    Susann_Gardener

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Never noticed that one. Even back many many years ago, when I often would underdress. Made me chuckle though.

Static is not much a problem where I live due to high humidity, but the factors involved are not enough to really be a good give away. When I was in college in Boston years ago, I remember holding on to metal things as I walked around because I was getting whacked all the time, and that was all male clothing.

I suppose some womens clothing will make the static problem worse though.

Sandi

Maybe a slip will help that.

Platinum Member
    Wool and polyester do the same thing

No static problems in FL, too much humidity. Yesterday, however, I noticed a weird lump in my jeans by my knee. Reached down, found a stocking. No idea how it got there, I hadn't washed any lately, but there it was. Could have been embarrassing out in the world, as I was really expecting to pull out a sock.

Susan,

Wash your undies and treat with fabric softener. That should help kill the static.

Offices with nylon carpets were susceptible to static and straying a diluted solution of softener made the place both smell better an killed the static for a week or two.

Yes I do get static shocks and yes I wear nylon panties. Oh well I guess it is a small price to pay
    Crissy

I wear nylon panties every day and have never produced static electricity.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Whenever I wear nylon panties, I keep a small transformer in each bra cup.
    It keeps my phone charged.

I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I agree with Natalie put on a slip girls.

If somebody gave me a static shock, it wouldn't occur to me to wonder what type of underwear they were wearing. I think your secret is safe from a shocking exposure.
    "Don't hate me just for wanting to feel beautiful."

It?s hard to believe that nylon underwear could contribute to static shock. Nylon slips would be even worse if nylon is the culprit. Anything is possible, I guess.

If anyone wants to go on a semi-deep dive into the subject, and make their own homemade tool to measure variables in static electricity, the following article may help, it's from Scientific American:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...tatic%20charge.

Can I give Carla a “like” on that one?

Platinum Member
    I Wear a sweater under my CONRAIL Coat when I take the coat off and touch something Metal it is like a lightning Bolt.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Years ago, in a computer room in S Florida, they put down carpet tiles. It helped deaden the noise. But we had to spray the carpet with diluted Downy fabric softener to keep down the static.

Had static problems with static at a customer's site. New polyester uniforms for the agents, new stools with plastic seats and plastic tips on the legs. Crashed the terminals when they'd squirm on the seats. The solution was to take off the plastic tips (floor was stone) and put conductive seat covers on the stools. No more problems.

Another place had a room with epoxy-painted floor. I wore sneakers to work. Every time I walked in there, I would build up a static charge that drew a painful spark when I'd touch something metal. I learned to carry a key in my hand so I could discharge the static without the pain.

It might not be the panties, but your outer clothing sliding across your chair, that's causing the static buildup. I know that that happens to me when I retreat to the car on a cold day at the gas station. Sliding my jeans across the car seat on exit can build up a charge. I am careful to discharge it to the body of the gas pump, not near the nozzle!

I haven't had static from nylon panties in some time, but I have experienced that.
    Lately, I get static from the camisoles I wear under my dress shirts. I think they're mainly polyester.

I get zapped all the time and I can say it has nothing to do with having anything nylon on.
    My wife doesn't get shocked though.
    I don't know if humidity has an effect on this phenomenon either. It's very humid where we live.
    I think the cold MAY have something to do with it, but I am just conjecturing.
    It gets so bad at times; I will hold onto a metal object when I take a clothing item off.
    If I get up from my chair, I can get zapped when I just turn a light switch on or off.
    The screw gets my finger.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I'm confused. Are you giving away the static or is the static giving you away?

Aspiring Member
    Do they still make nylon panties? Or any nylon clothes for that matter?

You need to connect up a grounding strap and a couple of those anti static straps that hang down and touch the ground on those old 1950s cars. Maybe let them hang out the bottom of your pants? No or will suspect a thing!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    I'm confused. Are you giving away the static or is the static giving you away?
    The static is giving away that I'm wearing nylon panties.
    Susann_Gardener

Quote Originally Posted by BobbiKay View Post
    Years ago, in a computer room in S Florida, they put down carpet tiles. It helped deaden the noise. But we had to spray the carpet with diluted Downy fabric softener to keep down the static.

Had static problems with static at a customer's site. New polyester uniforms for the agents, new stools with plastic seats and plastic tips on the legs. Crashed the terminals when they'd squirm on the seats. The solution was to take off the plastic tips (floor was stone) and put conductive seat covers on the stools. No more problems.

Another place had a room with epoxy-painted floor. I wore sneakers to work. Every time I walked in there, I would build up a static charge that drew a painful spark when I'd touch something metal. I learned to carry a key in my hand so I could discharge the static without the pain.

It might not be the panties, but your outer clothing sliding across your chair, that's causing the static buildup. I know that that happens to me when I retreat to the car on a cold day at the gas station. Sliding my jeans across the car seat on exit can build up a charge. I am careful to discharge it to the body of the gas pump, not near the nozzle!
    WOW great info...totally doing the carpet with Downy. I also do my girly things in Downy and rarely get the shocks. Back in the military I could light a bulb up with the shocks the uniform created. Holding the car keys I would still get a tingle and oh what spark across that key.