Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Option to get married presenting as a woman?

Banned Read only
    Jessica (#20), if you're looking for an inexpensive wedding dress you should try Goodwill around Halloween. Goodwill puts out donated prom dresses and wedding dresses around the time kids are graduating high school and June weddings, and, for some reason wedding dresses and evening gowns always seem to be put out at Halloween. There a lot of brides that do not have Barbie doll figures. Me? I'd settle for an evening with my wife and I attired in dresses and heels.

I have been to the good will and sometimes see wedding dresses. If there happened to be one that was something I liked, and it fit I'd settle for that. I always thought it was pointless to spend so much money on a dress that only gets worn once. But I understand now that it's a special moment and like Julie mentioned I may decide to spend a little bit since this is a once in a lifetime experience.

Say Yes to the Dress

I also bought my wedding dress at a thrift store. I have a friend that is a Thrift Store Queen and she alerted me to a thrift store having a wedding dress sale. I was excited going to the store but after trying on many dresses that did not zip up for me I was ready to give up. Then I tried on "my wedding dress" and the sound of the zipper sliding closed was magic. I still remember that wonderful feeling today, at the moment the zipper closed and I was bound in the dress.

Patti
    Last edited by patti.jean; 02-09-2024 at 06:16 PM.
    It's not about gender it's about fashion www.flickr.com/photos/9438546@N08/sets

I'll admit I've dreamt about getting married as the bride. Or as one of the brides!
    Maybe it's something to do as a vow-renewall thing when we're older; I know I'll never have a "proper" wedding again.

First how wonderful your relationship with your wonderful wife. Our friends are getting married in March with a traditional wedding. Friends and family, tux and dresses. Then a few month later both are to wear wedding dresses as wells as the guests. We are so happy and excited for them. They are having more fun planning the second dresses only wedding than the official event. Go for it and have a fabulous time.

Patti, what a wonderful experience! I hope to feel that way when I decide to find a dress. It's great you will always have that memory.

Danni, I hope that you get to have your special day as a bride!

Margret, your friends sound like they are going to have an amazing time. Such a great idea and I hope it's a blast and a memorable time.

It's neat that your wife is interested in this for you. Keep us in the loop, if you decide to do this.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I've had the opportunity to be a bride's maid twice, never a bride. Haven't really thought about wanting to wear wedding dress. I guess what they say is true always a bride's maid, never a bride. I have thought about wanting to wear a giant hoop fress something like from gone with the wind. It would have to be the right occasion. It is partly about just experiencing the dress but that's just a small part of it having the right occasions would make it A full experience.

I wish I could it's a dream that will never happen for me. You are so lucky to have a partner that wants to do it with you.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

My wonderful partner suggested a ceremony. It wouldn't be official but my social group were more than happy to help, including one to play part of celebrant. They did once before for another member.

We had a traditional wedding last year and we have plans to do it again as to brides in the future.
    Something my wife definitely wants to do. She always mentions how my engagement ring would look like.

I feel good that?s something other couples do!

For me it's nothing I ever thought about until my wife brought it up.
    I think I always felt that would be something that may be too over the top for her but I guess not lol
    Like I think I mentioned we don't have a big friend circle so it would be small. Almost have to weigh if it is worth it since there wouldn't be many people.
    But its nothing that needs to be done this moment and who knows what the future will bring.
    I'm so happy to hear some of the wonderful stories and experiences from those that were fortunate to get married in both forms. It's got me thinking about the idea more lately, uh oh!

-Jessica <3

Sounds like a dream come true. I would love to do it but I'm only out to my wife and not sure I'd have the nerve to stand in front of all our friends in any dress let alone a wedding dress.
    Also sounds like your wife is as keen on the idea
    And of course its worth it....you don't have to make it a big expensive event to have the time of your life. In fact you'll enjoy it more because you'll not be worrying about how much its all cost. If you're not in a rush take your time to find a secondhand dress that you and your wife like. Some nice steady planning and you both could have a ball.
    Last edited by char GG; 02-14-2024 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the post just before yours

If my boyfriend and I ever get married I definitely want to wear a dress for it, it's a dream of mine. Nothing would be more exciting for me than that other than of course the anticipation of slipping into lingerie for my new husband on the wedding night.

I love the idea of a recommitment. Kind of a new beginning and only possible because of your supportive spouse. I always dreamed of wearing a wedding gown and finally found a reasonably priced one I have worn briefly at times for photos and the wonderful feelings it brings. My wife supports my dressing but prefers not to see me dressed. That said I am so lucky to have an understanding tolerant friend spouse for life. So I can dress up and experience my dreams as I wish. You have the opportunity to share with your spouse, That sounds so wonderful!

You have a great wife gurrrl. My gg friend Stacey asked me to stand in her wedding, I said yes. A few weeks later she called me and asked if I could meet her at David's Bridal. I thought it was strange to go their for a tuxedo fitting. When I arrived she greeted me at the entrance and she was so glad to see me. I asked her why we are meeting here for a tuxedo, she laughed and said no girl I want you to be a bridesmaid, I was shocked at that moment but then I was excited. A very nice saleswoman brought me to the changing room where the rest of the bridesmaids were so I could try on the bridesmaids dress that Stacey had picked for us. The dress was a corset type and a pretty teal color. I stepped into the dress and the seamstress started pinning my dress in different spots. I was loving the experience. When she was done fitting me all the girls were in aww how beautiful I looked. I wish I could have worn a wedding dress but I was lucky to have her as a friend and to be one of her bridesmaids. Stacey's wedding was beautiful and so was all the bridesmaids. I still wear that dress on occasions.

That sounds like it was a wonderful experience, Melony!

It'll never happen in my life, but I feel that it would be the ultimate expression of love and acceptance from an SO, if she wanted to marry the feminine half of her partner too.

Next year will be our silver wedding anniversary and we have been discussing some form of vow-renewal ceremony. A small occasion, just a few people. As i am now "out" to everyone except my in-laws (and they wouldn't attend anyway for travel reasons) i have unrestricted choice of attire.
    However, at the risk of committing an act of blasphemy on these pages, formal dresses are just not my look. A wedding dress even less so. It would look totally wrong on me....

I am thinking of a jacket & skirt suit, with a plain women's shirt and some ankle boots. This would look presentable and have the advantage of being re-useable for weddings, funerals, bar-mitzvahs etc....
    Last edited by Krea; 02-20-2024 at 10:05 AM.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Same here Jessica!

Krea, I see your point, to some it's the attire, and to others it's the moment. I hope you create a wonderful moment.