Thread: What does "settling in" mean for you?

What does "settling in" mean for you?

When i got my first panties in 2010, I tended to prefer to wear sexier things like string bikinis and other minimal styles with lace. These days, I am much more likely to be wearing a pair of full briefs or high cut panties as i find them more comfortable and the need to feel sexy has diminished. I still opt for minimal coverage occasionally, but it's rare. Also, the styles I gravitate to are simple, classic styles rather than sexy. I have never presented or wanted to present as a woman, which is good since i have a full face of hair which I've recently been allowing to get longer. I like being a dude. But, I dislike the restrictions imposed by the typical definitions of feminine/masculine. I wear a LOT of feminine things, but don't see myself as feminine, at least not in the way i see my wife and daughter as feminine. I'm a dude with eclectic taste, or "freestyler" as John H called me. I'm good with that.

Settling in for me is to slowly set and expand my own boundaries rather than to just blindly follow the crowd. I'm retired and am pretty much dressed 24/7 at home and am slowly venturing out with subtle feminine presentations. My wife's comfort zone is the brake to just about any further developments, but I did allow myself to get out and spend the day grocery and household shopping wearing mascara in male mode. That's the first "successful" outing in makeup for me and it's a tiny step, but it felt good.

its a marathon not a sprint , just had a situation with my son, does not get it.....so as long as things dont rock the boat and the tiny step was positive and executive its all goood....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Bea,

I think many of us experience something of a sexual thrill in our early days, often it would seem as part of the hormonal maelstrom that is our teens.

As we become more familiar with our dressing we perhaps realise that most GG's don't spend their time in sexy undies but opt for the more practical and comfortable. I guess you could call it maturing.

"Settling in" for the long haul perhaps?

I am with you Bea, I like being a dude yet wanna wear the clothing that I like best. Male or Female. Course we all know there isn't much in male clothing that's any comparison to female clothing. Out and about I have worn women's tops that are of the fabrics I love yet have the looks a fella can almost not be questioned in. The leggings I have worn as a sporty look with longer male tops.

Yet when I have gone out in a dress that get the full nines treatment. From Wigs to Heels. I do feel the same whether the clothing hanging on me. Just, me.

The Style of your panties may say a lot about you, and to be quite straight with you, most of us which wear nice pink floral panties as i do, are a touch FEMME. Comfort for me is paramount (after my looks of coarse). So its just a matter of finding a nice pair of panties to suit?
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I think you're right about what panties might say, but which panties? I've culled panties several times over the years by 50-75 pair at a time. And I still have a couple hundred pair. i have bikinis, string bikinis, thongs, gstrings all in one small set of drawers and i have three larger drawers with many briefs, high cuts, shapers etc... So you may not get much insight into my psyche by seeing my panties on any one day.

Pinks, lace trim, bows, and LOTS of florals hold a fair hold on my collection and florals specifically are the ones that catch my eye when I pass a panty display. The change that's taken place is that I just don't visit the bikini drawer often. It's nice to have the option, but I'm diggin' my big girl panties these days.

Femme is sort of relative in our world. To the outside world (at least my world) I would be considered to be very feminine if i presented in public the way i dress at home. Here on the forum, not so much.

I suppose I've settled in, if you wish to call it that.
    Originally everything had to be lacy and sheer and sexy. But that was when I was young and ... well.
    Now I still prefer hipsters to briefs, colors to black and white, a touch of spandex to all cotton. It's not for show these days, it's for feel. How they feel to me and how they make me feel.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Being almost 61 I prefer cotton hiphuggers or cotton hi cut briefs from VS I have five pairs of sexy hip huggers from Katie and Lauras fancy sexy panties that I wear occasionally. I am also a male that has a full grey bread and shaved head from being bald musclusler build from weight lifting for most of my life I would make one ugly lady

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm old. I'm a CD and I'm binary, Bea. I also used to wear a beard and stache until about 5 years ago. When it became so lite as to be invisible!

I wear masks and never minded shaving. It grows back in a week. So my facial hair never stopped me from presenting as an attractive woman.

I get my thrill from seeing a pretty woman in my mirror and photos. That has not changed in the 25+ years I've been dressing!

Since u can't see panties they r simple a necessary tool to help me tuck when I dress and nothing more.
    Wish I got the same thrill most of u get from panties.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I, too am retired and dress most days, definitely underneath. For me, settling in has been my comfort zone is now pretty much casual, skirts, tops shorts, slacks, sweaters, flats, etc. For some reason, I?ve kinda lost interest in dresses. I haven?t purged any, but they?re taking up a lot of space. My supportive wife also dresses casually. Like most women she hates underwires, heels and hose. I can?t wear heels anymore, but yes, daily to hose and bras. Moisturizer daily with an occasional hint of makeup.