Thread: My dads acceptance

My dads acceptance

I was visiting my folks my mom was gone but my dad was home. A little about my dad he enjoys riding with a club on their certain brand Motorcycles also a fan of a orange President. On the news there was a story of drag queens and drag shows and people griping about it and the typical think of the children. When the story went off my dad finally said something. (Why don't they leave the drag queens alone they like to dress up and have fun. They are not hurting anyone if you don't like kids seeing shows don't take your kids.) I took it as my dad subtle way of accepting me as a CD without coming right out saying it. Everyone knows im a CD came out in 2019. Me and my dad never discussed it tho.
    Last edited by Brandie.n; 02-20-2024 at 07:41 AM. Reason: added detail
    Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/brandiedaniels/

Your comment makes me assume your dad knows you CD. If that's the case, I would think your assessment of his acceptance of you CDing is on target. If he doesn't know you CD, it's possible he CDs himself.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Sounds like your dad gets it - cross dressing does not harm anyone

It always surprises me - though it really shouldn't - when I encounter someone with right-leaning political opinions who actually shares some other beliefs/opinions with me.
    We've all be trained that "the other side" are inherently different from us but it's mostly not the case - people are still people!

Really pleased to hear about your dad's acceptance, Brandie.

How wonderful Brandi - he gets it!
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

I'm also glad he gets it
    Last edited by char GG; 02-20-2024 at 06:04 AM. Reason: No politics allowed in this sectionl

We are all very complex individuals.
    This goes back to that we did not choose to enjoy CDing we were born this way and I am happy for that.
    Brandie, I agree your Dad was letting you know he was accepting your dressing without actually saying it and that is big in my mind.
    Continued good luck with everything!
    Last edited by Crissy 107; 02-20-2024 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Removed the comment that you referenced
    Crissy

That is very nice, Brandie.

MOD NOTE:

Remember when answering, that there is a rule against discussing politics in this section.
    Last edited by char GG; 02-20-2024 at 06:07 AM.

Brandie, I'm glad your dad is accepting.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Brandie,

He knows, and yes I think that is the fantastic!

Davina

Sounds like a very sweet moment. It?s your fathers way of protecting you.

You don't make it clear as to whether your dad knows about your dressing. But, you might be surprised one day to find out that your dad may have his own experiences. That's not saying it's true, but my kids would be totally surprised to find out their dad occasionally wears a dress or that he wears a bra every day. Your dad may be WAY more understanding than you give him credit for.
    To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. ~ Timothy Keller

This sounds like great progress for you Brandie. Signs of increasing acceptance are always special.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Sounds promising Brandie.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

DRAG QUEENS are CD's and are performers.

I'm them.
    But hey, Just saying?
    Some people are more accepting of a Drag Queen than a gay or cd =?.

MY HONESTY TO YOU is that a lot of those in our community are riding on the back of Drag, Les , LGBTIQ+A humour, art and comedy at present.
    the current curve may end soon,
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Given your description of your father, sounds to me like acceptance in spades. Very glad for you.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Stacy, drag queens r gay men. CD's or the most part r straight or bi.

Brandie, I'd love to go drinking with your dad. He sounds like he'd be a hoot!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'd go drinking with him too, I think we'd get along famously!

Banned Read only
    My guess is your father knows you're a dresser. Many people come to realize people can be different and are still decent people. I bet your father has experienced some negativity from the general public when he is out riding. One of my co-workers, who wore a suit and white shirt and tie during the week, looked like a feared biker on his rides with his club of fellow accountants. People seem to have a tendency to paint everyone with the same brush. Some people just want an excuse to complain about something. Drag seems to be the lightning rod right now.

It's nice having those parents. Both of mine were okay with my hobby although it's not something I did at their house (my mum assumed everything in my kit bag needed washing every time I returned on leave - would find all my smalls nicely washed and folded on my bed every so often).
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz