Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That magic moment

Quote Originally Posted by Chiffon View Post
    I could not take my eyes off the whole image I was seeing, face, hair, body all of it suddenly new and real. It was her, that female I knew and sensed my entire life, always buried deep inside, had come out and was presenting to me in the mirror. I did not recognize myself and instantly felt feminine and beautiful.
    Quite an amazing and breathtaking feeling. This happened for me the first time around 2009. I always described it as "crossing the gender barrier", This is a pic from that time, don't laugh!

a01.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chiffon View Post
    I never could get that complete magic moment again, no matter how I tried to open that portal for my inner female taking over my entire consciousness again. I would always see or sense some part of my maleness. Maybe it's impossible for me and I'm not sure if anyone else gets there 100%. I wonder if anyone else out there can relate to this?
    I feel like if you dress up frequently enough over time and try different things you can eventually get the same feeling maybe once or twice. That's about how many times i've felt something similar since that first time.

I like that phrase, "crossing the gender barrier". I can see it in your picture. Loving the way your wig looks so natural and sits perfectly and that big hoop earring is extraordinary! Just the right amount of breast too. Congrats!

Wish I had the foresight to have snapped a picture during my moment. I remember doing a few short videos (old-school days with a camcorder and tripod) to see if I could get realistic feminine movements down while dressed. Pathetically not even close and so I erased them. I too, remember getting somewhat close to 100 percent after the first time, but it just created frustration for me afterwards, because I kept chasing after that moment; trying to recreate that take your breath away feeling of discovering something profound for the very first time.

I'm an outlier here on the forum because I really don't have a desire to cross the "gender barrier". But, I do feel like I can relate to the idea of looking in the mirror and seeing the ideal me, which is a balance of feminine/masculine. I borrow a lot of cues from women bold wine colored toenails, bras, panties, mascara, eyeshadow, lip gloss, pearls, dangly earrings, large hair clips to hold my long hair, etc... Occasionally, I'm an official MIAD but usually it's leggings, women's shorts and top or women's jeans/pants. I'm in some form of femme presentation daily (at home), but totally as a bearded man who loves extending his idea of masculinity to include all the above. I never look for or see a woman.

The magic moment for me isn't crossing a gender barrier but is looking in the mirror or even just becoming aware of how my bra feels around my chest and feeling a total sense of balance. I think those moments happen for me more often than some others here because my goal is less elusive. I think one of the biggest magic moments for me happen when I expand a boundary outside of the house. Recently that's been running errands wearing subtle mascara and eyeshadow.
    To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. ~ Timothy Keller

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I could not/will ever pass, in the real world. Happily I accept that so in my head I can pass every day. Life is good.

I am fortunate, I had that moment when I was about 14-15 years old. I couldn't believe the reflection in the mirror was me, I was pretty effeminate in build and face, the dress and wig made me look like a girl/women, and I was really cute! I must have stood there for 30 or more minutes.

Jane,

I agree with you, that's me also!

Davina

Every once in a while, when Pluto is in retrograde, and the sun shines a certain way, and perhaps wine is consumed, there is a moment of harmonic convergence where the image looking back at me, reflects the physical embodiment of the woman I see within me...And, I smile.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    When I read the title magic moment. I thought did you make the pennies disappear? I initially thought of that 2 ways, but you could even take that a third way. Some of us might like to get rid of the change in their pocket. I'll leave it at that before I cross any boundaries.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    The idea with me is to not sweat the miniscule details to only enhance things incrementally. When I'm in Carla mode, it's me but, just in a female visual and tactile immersion.
    I get the feedback of multiple 'that moments' every time I indulge. And the unexpected images especially from video capture have revealed some real gems. My avatar is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Jennings View Post
    Every once in a while, when Pluto is in retrograde, and the sun shines a certain way, and perhaps wine is consumed, there is a moment of harmonic convergence where the image looking back at me, reflects the physical embodiment of the woman I see within me...And, I smile.
    Yeah, like that.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Thanks to all the replies. Sounds to me like most of us have had or still have some form of a "moment", and some do not.

Mine was my second makeover. I loved my first one but only drove home and did not go out. On my second makeover I had to drive quite a distance. Agin I came home and when inside. I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked great. I left the house and drove to a supermarket. As I got out of the car and walked in. My heart was in my stomach. I got a lot of smiles and was treated like a woman by the employees. That was the turning point and I?ve never looked back.