Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't figure it out

Can't figure it out

I can't figure this one out for the life of me. I'm usually underdressed all the time, pantyhose under my jeans with no socks and a bra with the forms. Yesterday I get home from work and she tells me she went through her clothes and for me to see if I want anything and the rest could be brought to the donation box. Only a black long skirt catches my eye and I drop my pants and already wearing pantyhose I put on the skirt and go into the kitchen for dinner. She looks at me and asks me why I'm not fully dressed and doesn't like that half and half look. Well I had to go shopping and instead of taking time to get ready I put my jeans back on and had dinner. I don't like to start anything or open a can of worms and I didn't ask but what was the difference between wearing pantyhose and a bra under and wearing a skirt only. Well as my father used to say "don't try to figure out the women you'll just go crazy".

Woman constantly judge other women based on appearance.

Think of it as a homework assignment in which the work you turn in is incomplete.
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 02-24-2024 at 10:20 PM.

Undressed, even if she knows, is not very visual...if at all. So, having a skirt on with no other outer garments is a half and half look that usually doesn't look right.

You learned something. Your father’s comment is a bit dated and a little bit misogynistic.

Maria my wife does not appreciate the 50/50 look also. I have been told many years ago it's all or nothing.

Platinum Member
    I know this is a to each their own thing, but I would agree with your wife, and if she prefers 100% to 50/50, then by all means follow her lead and respect her preferences!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I agree with your father.

My wife also has told me not to dress half & half some times. I don't try to figure it out. I just change one way of the other.

Similar reaction here.
    There are times when I just don't feel like doing my makeup or wearing a wig. I'm happy just dressing.
    Well one of those days my wife looks at me and says, "you need hair", meaning a wig. It's the image she sees that needs to be more "complete", not the one I feel.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

This forum is such a great resource for understanding women, thanks to the total lack of any trace of prejudice. I never went crazy trying to understand women but now that I know better, I'll stop trying before actually getting crazy. Or maybe I went crazy in the process and didn't realize it because, well, too late, I'm crazy now. Wait, maybe I can self-diagnose. Let's try: are women completely obsessed with appearance and always judging their peers based on it? Mmmh. Tough one. How about: we are on a CDer forum where many are obsessed with appearance and project on women their own inner clockworks. No, that's crazy.

Your father is wise and correct. As to the 50/50 look, I do it all the time. Maybe all the time since I don't bother with makeup, ever. But if your wife doesn't like a look (and this has nothing to do with crossdressing) it might be a look to avoid when around her.

Diane you crack me up!

I can't disagree with Diane...it's 2024 for God's sake...please stop the women 'judging each other on appearance' stuff

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I can't figure it out either, Maria!
    I agree with your SO.

Why r some dressers satisfied with under dressing and androgenous looks? I gave those things up soon after I began dressing. I guess u all r much younger than I? I'm an old, binary, CD!

It's all the way or nothing for my dressing!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 02-25-2024 at 03:16 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

We ae all on this site for various reasons, all have their own validation. Some of us here would like our wives or girlfriends to accept us. So when our wives or girlfriends give is constructive criticism it is questioned by us. Now we want to know why they are not accepting of what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    Well as my father used to say "don't try to figure out the women you'll just go crazy".
    Kinda insulting.
    But then I could turn it around and say
    Don’t try to figure CDs out you will go crazy. ( for saying such a comment about women)

I was Shers biggest cheerleader just like your wife is yours .
    She is just stating her opinion is she not entitled to? Also isnt it refreshing you can talk openly about it with her .
    I agree with your wife and do not get the half and half look .
    Add -Besides Sher never did that
    I have asked here on the forum before since a lot talk about the underdressing and I Still think yuck and still do not get it.
    Not that there is anything wrong with it ….just not my cup of tea.
    You are very lucky you do not have to hide it like many here do and yet you still add a put down about women.
    It is all so confusing sometimes.
    Last edited by Di; 02-24-2024 at 10:13 PM.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

JMO, I don?t think this is anything to consternate about. Actually, a similar experience proved to be a breakthrough for me/us. She knows and supports me. Living in a small town limits my/our going out. I, too underdress daily. Some days guy things, some days women?s things. Several years ago, don?t remember, I was 50/50 underdress/jeans. Out of the blue, she told me we needed some groceries and, if I didn?t take too long, why didn?t I change, put a little makeup on, and a wig and we could go shopping. I couldn?t believe it. I quickly put on a skirt, top, wig and dabbed on some makeup, earrings and we went. I didn?t go in the store, but being out was fantastic. I never asked what brought this on. We now go out together often. I love it.

Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    You are very lucky you do not have to hide it like many here do and yet you still add a put down about women.
    Thank you for that comment, Di.
    I have a friend who said, "Women are all crazy ... Men are all crazy ... It's just in different ways."
    I agree with her.
    If only our families and friends could be as supportive as our bras!

I'm sure there are a lot of people here that would love to be told to be fully dressed by their wives as opposed to half and half.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    All people have their quirks, foibles, and oddities that we all have to ignore, or live with. My wife has no qualms with me going 50/50 around the house, top guy, bottom gal. She helps me with shopping and knows that I underdress all the time. Yet, she is not gung ho about seeing me dressed the whole 9 yards. Take what you're given and utilize the rest, the best that you can.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I don't get it either...
    Last edited by Bea_; 02-25-2024 at 12:01 PM.
    To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. ~ Timothy Keller

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Geez, all this over thinking.
    The answer is, "Yes, Dear."

I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Maria, I have always looked at dressing as binary. I either dress fully or not at all.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Thank u, Di! That's the point I was trying to make. Only u did it much better!

I read so many posts here from dressers blaming their SO's for every darn thing under the sun. And, it grinds my gears!

You've got only one life. And, every new day u have infinite choices in which u decide what you'll do. Yet u choose to blame your partners for not living the life u want!?

It's unfair to your partners to use them for your own cowardly, dishonest, excuses!
    Remember, "The only thing u need fear is fear itself!"
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    For me when someone dresses halfway there's some kind of incongruity there. it suggests the clothes are literally just for the feeling. for me the goal is looking like a woman. I think it's easier for a wife or someone else to accept that you're trying and this is as good as it gets. when you're only wearing some clothes and not dressing all the way she's faced with the reality of a MIAD which her brain interprets differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    For me when someone dresses halfway there's some kind of incongruity there.
    As someone who has never done full femme, and not interested, i would agree that there is an incongruence, but the noncongruence is less male/female than a lack of congruence with what is expected by the spouse and the world. I'm sitting here in all women's clothes, under and over. My gray hair falls below my shoulder blades. I've got on some subtle eyeshadow and mascara and am wearing a string of pearls. I have a full beard, which is one of my favorite features of my appearance whether drab or femme. There is a "feeling" component to why I like wearing these things, but there is a very strong visual component where I see exactly the look I was going for for the day.

For me, there is zero incongruence between what I see in the mirror and who I am as a man. I totally understand that the uniqueness of how I look is incongruent with the world at large. It is incongruent with what most here on the forum want to project. But, there's no incongruence within.

Within my marriage, I am pretty certain that my wife would be much more bothered by a full femme presentation than my hybrid/femme androgynous presentation. She hasn't been thrilled with the femme male look, and I am sympathetic. I try to allow her comfort level to dictate the extent of my dressing, but balance by progressively asserting my own style. My end game is still totally male, but it's an expanded masculinity rather than a move to femininity in my mind. Mark Bryant used to be on the forum. My style would probably be more of a long-haired, bearded version closer to his.

https://harpersbazaar.com.au/mark-bryan-interview/
    To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. ~ Timothy Keller