Thread: Dress like a girl geek

Aspiring Member

Dress like a girl geek

Here is an interesting article intended to explain to younger women something about fashion for female geeks and nerds. Hey, I resemble that remark. When I met my wife fifty years ago, she resembled it also. A nerd girl is what I wanted and a nerd girl is what I happily got. I still look like this for a too large part of my dressing time.

Enjoy. https://www.whowhatwear.com/fashion/...k-chic-fashion

it would appear as though the qualification for being a 'nerd girl' is wearing glasses

Have to agree, I dont really see anything "geek" about this, it just looks like glasses + gen z office attire maybe?

Platinum Member
    I have to admit, when I looked at these examples, I thought of stylish and professional rather than geeky. Perhaps these outfits, which seem attractive and practical in day to day life, are starkly contrasting club wear that often gets the most attention.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I kind of like the look on those women and probably wouldn't have never thought of them as nerds or geeky girls. Just my opinion, but then again I've never really had anyone share there opinion or see how I looked when dressed. Maybe I'm a nerdy girl.

Great article thanks for sharing the link

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Hmmm, I wouldn't have thot nerdy, geeky.

Looks like dressy business attire to me.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Stylish business fashion. No need to label them anything.

Nerdy, Geek? Not. It?s what?s being shown for 2024. See the last WSJ magazine. I really like the tan top/brown pencil skirt.

Banned Read only
    When I was a teenager a "nerd" was defined as a person more interested in education than following the aimless wandering crowd. Maybe, the defining joke was a boy with a pocket protector in his shirt pocket to protect against leaking fountain pens (Google "fountain pen, if you don't know). I know quite a few female "nerds" who live a double life of studying hard during the day and rocking it at night. They seem to be very compartmentalized. The latest figure I saw about college enrollment has 60% young women, and they definitely are not classic "nerds."

To quote Huey Lewis - "It's hip to be square"

From what I noticed there was not a one of them that knows how to smile, even a little. I did scroll down pretty far but not all the way so it is possible there was a hidden smile but I doubt it.
    Crissy

Welp...I don't see the geek. But the looks are better than what I see at the local stores. PJ's are not not not to be worn out of the house.