Thread: Haven't cross dressed in 7 days

Haven't cross dressed in 7 days

Last Thursday night and Friday morning before bathing was the last time I've cross dressed other than wearing my lace panties. Do any of you (I'm sure some do) know how difficult it is to be changing clothes with 3 broken bones in your left foot and a broken 10th rib on your left side? It actually hurts to yawn - and I'm dead serious about that.

I love to soak in a tub of hot water before bathing and shampooing my hair. I used to soak for 15 - 30 minutes in a tub of the hottest water our water heater could deliver. Often times I would actually get a pink glow to my skin when I finished. in 2015 after soaking for 20 minutes or so and washing my body, I stood up to shampoo my hair under the shower head. After I stood up, the last thing I recall was realizing I needed to brace myself against the shower walls so I wouldn't fall. Well, I fell. I had passed out. I believe I was out for only a few seconds. My back hurt badly (a cast iron tub will always win), had it checked out, and was told nothing was broken. The folks at urgent explained to me that !) soaking in a tub of hot water dilates blood vessels which lowers blood pressure, 2) sitting or standing from a laying down position also lowers blood pressure, and 3) the combination of 1 & 2 can lower BP enough to cause a person to pass out. I purchased a shower hose so after soaking and bathing, I could sit up and shampoo my hair with a handheld shower head. Then, if my BP is low, it should have enough time to get back to normal when I'm done with shampooing and am ready to get out of the tub/shower. That has solved that problem ever since until............................

...........this past Friday morning while soaking in the tub of hot water (different house and different tub), my phone rings. It is on the vanity next to the sink. Without thinking, I stand up, get out of the tub, see it's my wife calling (she was already gone for the day), and answer the phone. The last thing I remember is not understanding a word she was saying. When I woke up my back was sore and my foot was hurting but not much. My back hurt enough that it took me several minutes to get up because of the pain. Anyway, I get up, get dressed, and walked ever so slowly to our family room. After about 1/2 hour I took my BP which was 104/55. Yeah, it was rebounding but I know it was low and I had passed out. I still wasn't particularly worried until I started getting nauseous - something I simply never do. That's when I called my wife (who was about to walk into a movie theater with a friend) and told her I was going to the VA for X-rays.

It's 40 minutes to the VA clinic. Hmmm... They can't take X-rays without a doctor's order. That makes sense so I get on the automated system to see someone from my care team to help me get the doctor's order. 30 minutes later having seen nobody I go to a service desk only to find out they are all in a meeting and I should go up the road about 1/2 mile to an urgent care facility. I'm told the VA will take care of the expenses. Off I go. I walk in, fill out the paperwork and wait about 15 minutes. The nurse there tells me they can't take X-rays in my case as I must have a CT scan of my head. HUH? It seems if a person on blood thinners passes out, CT scans are required in case of damage to any of that vast wasteland between the ears. Off to the ER.

When I get to the ER, my back is now in excruciating pain. My foot really doesn't hurt of any consequence at all; so, I don't even mention it. X-rays confirm I broke the 10th rib on my left side. The next morning when I wake up, my left foot is totally swollen and a good portion of it is black and blue. The last 3 toes are side-by-side facing in a leftward direction. There is a nice space between the 3rd toe and the 2nd toe, and there is another nice space between the 2nd toe and the big toe. Back to the ER we go. This time my wife is driving. Yep, a broken metatarsal on each one of the 3 smaller toes and possibly a broken metatarsal bone on the 2nd toe. Fortunately, surgery isn't needed for any of this.

So, I've been sleeping in my recliner as getting in and out of bed is a major pain in the back - literally. I know all this will mend; but, Not wearing bras, forms, lingerie, and dresses is almost as painful as the rib. The tub/shower combo is one with a fiberglass surround on 3 sides. Upon later inspection, I realized I will have to apply caulk from top to bottom on both sides of the tub opening. When I fell, I suspect I broke the rib on the top of the side of the tub as the entire surround was pushed back (towards the back wall) between 1/32" and 1/16". My left foot would have been on the side witha wall. I can't imagine what my foot hit that could do the damage that was done where it was done. Oh, well.....

A couple of takeaways from all this. Before my wife drove me to the ER on Saturday for the foot X-rays, she thought it best if she removed the nail polish from my toes. It mattered not to me; but, for her comfort, I agreed. Saturday night when I wanted to shower, she asked where my underwear was so she could get me a clean pair. Also, I never put my lace panties in with the laundry as they are supposed to be hand washed. Today, after I showered, she asked if I had put my clothes in the laundry as she wanted to do a load of laundry. I told her my shirt and pants were in the basket to which she asked about my panties. I explained about the hand wash only instructions. But, she was willing to wash some of my girl stuff which caught me off guard.

Anyway, Heather will be back when I'm feeling better. The foot isn't a problem as it hurts about a .5 (1/2) on a scale of 1 - 10. Diabetic neuropathy in one's feet can be a blessing at times.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Wow, quite the adventure and complications. Well wishes on a healthy and speedy recovery. This too shall pass ( or at least blend! )

Heather, I trust that you will have a speedy and full recovery.

As seems to happen to many of us from time to time our wives and girlfriends are more accepting of our crossdressing than we imagine, even if they do, understandably, dislike it.

If I were to summarise the general advice on this forum I’d say “Enjoy the moment, but don’t expect any change in behaviour from your wife”.

Wow I'm sorry to hear about all of this and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Prayers for a good recovery

Platinum Member
    One more reason I vastly prefer a quick shower over sitting in a tub. As we get older (well some of us) falls become a much more serious matter. And as a person with neuropath you already know to mindful of and take very good care of your feet.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Heather, great post! I hope u heal quickly and change your bathing routines accordingly!

Everyone's aware of the dangers of hi blood pressure. But, few know of those from low blood pressure. Which I have, too!
    Especially a problem as we age!

My docs had been warning me for years about the importance of hydrating. Without which my blood pressure can drop precipitously!

I had the bad habit of not drinking water when out clubbing dressed. So, I won't have go to the bathroom when out. As it's terribly difficult to take shaping gear and hip/butt pads on and off in tiny Ladies Room stalls.

But, like u I learned my lesson! One time I passed out on the dance floor and woke up outside surrounded by a Fire Dept. emergency response team! They checked me out and except for low blood pressure I was fine. I drank some water and went back in the club.
    No one cared that I was a MIAD. Nor was I embarrassed about that. Just that I passed out in front of everyone!

That was about 5 years ago and not happened since.
    I changed my drinking habits. I drink shots with water backs now when out dressed!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 03-01-2024 at 12:22 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Heather, I'm so sorry about your injuries. You have my prayers for a quick recovery. Getting older is not for the faint of heart.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Heather, I hope things go well in your recovery.

Your tale (read in full!) is quite informative. You told me things I did not know! Important things! I'm getting older now, and having this information literally could save my life down the road.

Banned Read only
    We "old folks" who are diabetic have to be aware of too low blood pressure. Hope you mend quickly.