Thread: I should have listened

I should have listened

You know when you were younger and your mom gave advice and usually just like all of us and our children, we never listen and only to say "I should have listened to her".
    In the month of November I start wearing tights to work because I'm asked at times to work outdoors which is more then less. From that time also it's cooler at night so I will wear tights to bed also. Well a while ago my wife had mentioned to me that she believed that I went like 30 days straight wearing tights to work and come home and wear pantyhose and then wear tights again to bed, and she knows this because she makes sure I wash them often to make sure my fem stuff is always clean and she told to maybe give it a break and let my legs breathe a little. On that same note she also told me we have to go wig shopping because the ones I have are to tight and there leaving bad marks when I take them off. Well just like being a kid I didn't listen and I started getting brown marks between my legs and across my waist line and relentless scratching and I started feeling a little bump above my ear. I went to the doctor and I believe I wrote about my last appointment when I went in for a back pain expecting to just get some meds instead he wanted to check me out that ended up me exposing my flowered panties and pantyhose. Well one thing about doctors they are very professional I went there and it was business as usual no strange looks or awkwardness. He said he knows that I was concerned about the dreaded "C" word but he said it looked like a fungus infection and that I should wear clothes that are looser. The only good thing he said was I should wear a nighty type pj with nothing under to bed to make for better circulation. Then I showed him the side of my head and he said it looks like something irritated my skelp and if I wear a baseball cap everyday could cause that and it needs to be removed.
    So I went home and just like being a 10 year old kid I had to hear "I told you so" and as much as she's my wife, she's a mother and she's always right and her famous line is "she's tired of being right" it just a mothers instinct. Well I have a few creams I have to use and no pantyhose or tights for a while and I have to book a appointment with a plastic surgeon to get the bump removed. Lesson learned, I know it may not all have to do with my situation but it probably would have help if would have listened.
    Last edited by Maria 60; 03-01-2024 at 09:36 AM.

I have always have hated the “I told you so” going back to my Mother.
    I can understand letting things breathe, I take my nail polish off about a week before my next pedicure so my nails breathe.
    That was another interesting post Maria
    Crissy

Maria, I usually listen to my wife when it comes to things involving my femme habits. She has a little more experience than me.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

It is good your wife looks after you so well

Hi My wife likes me to wear tights/pantyhose depending where you live 24/7, I've not fortunately encountered any adverse effects but of course hygiene is very important.
    The upside I have found is it seems to stunt hair growth which means less shaving yippee!

Amy x

My wife enjoys when I wear them to bed, but not to sleep in.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Maria, your post mite be a wake up call for other trans that dress daily in unhealthy ways!

Altho as a CD I don't dress every day like many trans do. But, for my first 10 years, every time I dressed in secret in the closet I wore tite laced corsets!
    Which gave me nerve damage. So bad that I rarely can wear corsets anymore. And, only for short periods when I do!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Yeah, besides listen to your mother, there is another old bit of advice that recommends moderation in all things.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

My wife is a nurse and I listen to her.

Banned Read only
    I suspect I am going to hear those words; "I told you so!" After my son observed I had put the Christmas lights up onto our home, he asked "Why do you still have a ladder?" I think each medical specialty I encounter has some worthwhile tidbit of medical information that should keep me healthy. The earliest advice I ever got was "Stay out of the sun!" Decades later my skin looks like crap!, "I told you so!"