Thread: Apparently I have a Doppelganger

Apparently I have a Doppelganger

Today after I left my therapist dressed in a jean skirt and maroon "T" cute daytime makeup, I stopped at a convenience store. As I was at the counter a woman came in and said to me "Hi how are you doing, I haven't seen you since blah blah" At first I just kinda ignored her as I really didn't comprehend she was talking to me. But quickly I realized she was talking to me. She continued with remember we met at blah blah, you're such and such neighbor right " I have to say I froze for a moment, then responded with no sorry you mixed me up with someone else. I will say she was cute wish I would've continued a better conversation. Doesn't appear I was tagged by her or the clerk. Any of you ever experienced a similar event?

Platinum Member
    I was approached by another woman my age at my favorite local wine bar. She seemed at first to think we had met before, but we had not.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Not in the last 60 years. But, in India long ago a family approached me saying, "U r David Niven!"

I assured them I was not. However, as we were all in an airport waiting for our flights they wouldn't leave me alone until I signed my autograph for them!

Somewhere in India there's my framed signature hanging on their wall. Which is completely illegible!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Some have mention I look like Toronto's mayor. But she is like 5'1" and I'm 5'8".

Well, at least you know you pass well.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Not while dress, but several decades ago, I was told by different people that I was a particular wrestler.
    Just picture me dressed and then they would think he was a crossdresser!
    I bet he wouldn't have cared for that.
    I have been out while dressed in Savannah too.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Not in the last 60 years. But, in India long ago a family approached me saying, "U r David Niven!"
    Making your way around the world in 80 days?
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

There does appear to be more Doppelganger's being found.

I recently watched a documentary where they took seven pair of people. Then compared them to identical twins.

It was fascinating to see how close some of them were. They found on some tests they were 90% the same.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 03-03-2024 at 05:41 AM. Reason: sp
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I've actually got 2 doppelgangers - although one is no longer with us. Whenever I go to my VA for anything the staff points out that I look like Steve Jobs; my sons think I look like Sir Patrick Stewart...
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Fun thanks for sharing

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Not bad things at all

Doc,
    The David Niven story is very funny! The guy was probably so happy.

As long as your doppelg?nger is cute lol

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Is she cute

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Too funny, Jamie!
    I traveled a lot by myself when I was young. Before Covid my Asian T buddy and I were hitting the sights in Asia as Sherry and Cindi!

Char, it kind of is. But, when I think if him or his family explaining to their guests who the heck David Niven was I feel guilty for some reason!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Well, they do say that everyone has a double somewhere in the world that they just haven't met.
    I suppose that means we all either have 2 of them (1 drab/1 dressed) or we have one that dresses. Try figuring that one out.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Mine lives about 25Km away and works in a similar industry, I get greeted by people using his name about once every 2 years.
    I preferred it when I was young (early 20's) and clients used to ask for the company's "John Travolta" to visit.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Mine must live in the middle east. I keep getting her face book messages.

I'd love to meet mine, I just hope she has good taste in clothes...lol.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I never got to meet mine yet, just the friend who mistook me for her. Maybe one day

Happened a few years ago while I was exiting the restrooms at a large gas station. A lady thought I was a friend named Marcie. We talked while I fueled my truck. She is a facebook friend now.