Thread: Small win

Small win

I don't do girl. I do femme man. Yesterday i had a therapy session and have been going dressed on the femme side of androgyny to my sessions for a while now. I use the opportunity to do a bit of exposure therapy by stopping by a coffee shop close to the therapist's office and going inside dressed in something femme. Yesterday, i went in in a fairly stealth mode with my femme top covered by an oversized sweatshirt. But, for that trip I decided to just own the pearls I was wearing and pulled them from under the sweatshirt collar. I was also wearing some overdone eyeshadow and mascara (I didn't realize how overdone the eyeshadow was until after the fact). Oh well...

I was wearing women's black skinny jeans with black knee highs and an ankle bracelet. Definitely not over the top, but definitely not typical male. I get to the counter and a twenty-something male barista took my order. As I was paying he told me "I love the pearls. You're really rocking them." It made my day.
    To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. ~ Timothy Keller

Definitely a win, a good win, funny how things like that can make one’s day!
    Thanks for posting this
    Crissy

Solid win.

That's always great to get that compliment and very confident of you to dress partially fem, I respect your courage. A few years back I drove to a drive through coffee shop with my fem stuff under. I thought I covered up well but then the girl at the window complimented me on my necklace, I looked down to see it exposed. I thought to myself was that girl at the window because being of a new generation did she really like the necklace or was she just being polite. Not answering my own question I decided to except the positive reaction instead of anything negative and it did feel good.
    I would say about ten years back if not longer myself and a co-worker were sitting on a sidewalk curb waiting for someone to open a door outside a building. We both instantly heard the sounds of heels coming, as the sound came closer we seen these amazing pair of legs and as we looked up we seen all male. I believe I was so impressed with his legs and most of all his confidence and courage and I probably wouldn't have sad anything to a women walking by but for some reason I felt as if this person deserved a compliment for his efforts. When he passed I told him "nice legs buddy" and this is very out of character for me to do something like that. He had a lot of confidence and he looked me straight in the eye and with a smile thanked me. My co-worker told me he thought it was nice and it didn't cost me anything to pay that guy a compliment and probably made his day. The part you made me realize with this post is I complimented him and he wasn't trying to be a woman he was presenting the way he wanted to and I believe that's why I gave him the compliment, I respected that and I believe thats what you heard from that barista, a lot of respect, and just like that guy rocked that mini skirt you rocked that necklace.
    That's what I believe I hope you feel the same.
    Last edited by Maria 60; 03-02-2024 at 05:58 PM.

Maria, It's nice that the guy was able to look you in the eye and say thanks. Unfortunately, in yesterday's situation I was in middle of trying to figure out the coffee shop's card reader and the compliment caught me off guard. I was still looking down as I said thank you, but tried to show appreciation for the kind words.

I've been toying with adding pearls to my regular daily drab presentation. I saw a documentary years ago about a guy who practiced yoga as a lifestyle. In the video he had on a string of pearls all the time. This was years before my dressing began but i've wanted to wear pearls since.
    To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. ~ Timothy Keller

Pearls are good (I love wearing mine - I should try to wearing them in boy mode once in a while)