Hi all.
Travelling on my own was a new experience to me and somewhat daunting.
When you are a couple one always has someone else to seek advice from on which direction to take.
I was never good at asking for directions. (Sound familiar) I also think I lost confidence in myself which is an age thing with me.

My first time was last year travelling to Thailand. This should not be too traumatic but it was the first time flying feminine. My concern was having to change flights in Kuala Lumpa and finding the correct gate.

At Perth departures my case slipped through my hand at check in and rolled away taking 2 nails with it. Snapped clean off. I had them done he day before and they looked awesome.

I did get very hot and bothered going through security and was asked if I was "OK mam and did I need some water"?
No thank you just a passing hot flush.
The flight was really good with the Malaysian ground staff asking me if I was travelling alone and giving me a whole row of seats to myself.

The late departure from Perth gave me little time to make the connection in KL and I did panic a bit.
The flight to Bangkok was uneventful and the passage through customs and immigration was a breeze.
Collecting my luggage was another matter. No case had travelled on my flight. I made out the report and left to find my ride to my hotel.
My luggage turned up about 4 hours later.
A lesson learned about packing a change of clothes in my cabin bag.

I was fine on the return journey and planned my next trip to the UK at Christmas.
More on that in another post.