Thread: How special is a hug.

How special is a hug.

Now we all get hugs from family and nice as that is it is kind of expected.
    When I have watched other GG's greet each other it is normal to get a light hug and a peck on the cheek.
    I am now experiencing this more and more.

My most memorable experience came when I went into the health insurance office to register my change of name and gender.
    The woman I was talking to took all of my documents and scanned them and that was all done. She then spent a little time with me talking in general as to how I was feeling and saying how brave I was to take the journey to transition.
    When I felt my time was up with her I rose to leave. Rachel got up from behind her desk and came around and gave me the biggest hug.
    I walked out of the office on cloud nine.

Just recently I bumped into a woman (Denise) who is drop dead gorgeous at the gym. We have not seen each other for some months. On exchanging a quick hello she took a step towards me and gave me a hug. Now in all the times I spoke to her at the gym as a male this had never happened.
    A hug is always such a nice feeling when it comes from an unexpected source.

Philippa Jane

I notice when I am dressed en femme at church women will give me hugs. I don't get that behavior much when I am in male mode, which is not often.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

It's one of those traits that has that's been largely missing from male behaviour. However it is something I've noticed creeping into male to male culture especially in the younger generation.

There remains a difference. There's a warmth to female hugs. It's more caring. For males it's more about group dynamics, hierarchy and certainly a quick peck on the cheek would be a step way too far.

For those of us a little older it can feel strange and I've noticed when meeting up with those perhaps on their first enfemme trip out that a quick parting hug does seem alien to them and can take them by surprise. I still refrain from the peck on the cheek though!

For GG's the hug is a bit like a not so secret handshake. A way of reinforcing membership of the club of women. So getting one from a GG is a sign of real acceptance.

Philipa, As I was reading your post I was thinking both of these women have accepted you into the club, and it is like Helen said, a sign of acceptance. I have a feeling you have a lot more hugs in your future
    Crissy

What absolutely wonderful events you have had. I can only imagine how great that must feel to be so accepted into the world of women in spite of having a Y-chromosome. Just goes to show, chromosomes only matter to a degree and in practical living they do not necessarily matter one bit. It is about who you are and not just what you are. Congratulations.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Before I began CDing about 25 years ago, the occasional male would hug me and it felt weird!

However, since I began dressing and going out, it's become common place for me to hug all trans I meet and often GG's, too.

In the last decade I feel quite comfortable hugging male friends and family when in drab mode. Sometimes I even initiated those hugs!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I've gotten tons of hugs from trans women and some from GG women and love it. Always makes me feel special.
    "Care about what other people think of you and you will always be their prisoner" - Lao Tzu

I love getting hugs when I am dressed. There is more love in a big hug.
    I don't wish to change my gender I just want to change my clothes.

enfem I have only had maybe a dozen hugs.
    9 from other women (gg's) and one from a guy.
    The women hugs are always just gentle light hugs bending at the waist to the chest.
    Lovely

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Now a guy hug was different.
    He wrapped around part of the waist or back. You also feel that moment of being pulled closer or more body touching.
    It was so fun and it scared me all at the same time

Hugs are the best. I have to say that those in the know give hugs. Guess I wanna say sister hood. I do have this really great male friend and he knows nothing about my dressing yet we always give each other over the top hugs. Like both arms and one leg around each other...such fun.

I love being hugged.

Most women explore further when they detect the clasp of my brassiere!

Philipa, I'll agree that a big does make you feel great and accepted.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I've never noticed it before, but last weekend I was at a meeting of my social group and now that I think about it, we all greeted each other with a hug. And at the end of the event when many had reverted to male mode, we still gave each other a hug when departing..

It's certainly a female thing to hug and kiss when meeting/leaving.
    It's friendly and welcoming and warms the heart.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'm fortunate that my wife has a group of frinds that are not at all shy about hugging me. One of them is having my wife and me over for Easter dinner. She's also invited 3 other women (2 widows and 1 whose husband will be working). She asked my wife if I would be okay being the only guy there. My wife assured her I would be just fine. Quite honestly, I'm always more comfortable talking with the women than with a group of men. At family functions where the men gather in front of the TV to watch a ball game of one kind or another, I will most likely be sitting in another room talking with the women. I've done this for years and long before I started to CD.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.