Thread: Have you ever ??

Have you ever ??

This was a first for me and it did have it's funny side.
    On the way back to Australia from the UK I had to take a coach from my sisters (Stansted airport) to Heathrow.
    That part was a breeze but such an early start. The coach got me to Heathrow at 7.50 am. It is a 2 hour ride and to be at the terminal on time and made up I had to be up and by 4.30 am.

The journey to London was uneventful and after collecting my luggage I went into the terminus and spotted an attendant .
    I approached her and asked for directions to get to terminal 3. After getting directions (easy really if I had looked around) she said to me "I love your makeup "and I thanked her. She then asked "are you a man"?
    I was unperturbed and answered with a big smile say that yes I used to be.
    She told me that in her job she had seen many people who she thought were trans but had never spoken to one.
    As I had time to kill I was happy to engage her further and hopefully enlighten her.
    There was no malice in her questions and we left on good terms.
    I think that I pass pretty well and I know it was my voice that gave me away. This is not something that bothers me and I have never yet had an unpleasant comment about it.
    I don't think I would be inclined to surgically alter my voice as I like to talk too much to risk damager to my voice box.

On he flight back home I sat between 2 men (about my age or older) and both of them held conversations with me.
    One always hopes that strangers will be accepting and it is relaxing when it happens. Especially so when you are in close proximity for 16 hours. A non stop flight back to Australia.

Philippa Jane

Philipa, Another good experience, thanks for sharing this with us.
    Crissy

Platinum Member
    Hi Philipa Jane , That was just so Awesome, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sounds like a good trip home - thanks for sharing

Now I have a question. The flight back to Australia is very long. What about the 5 o'clock shadow? How do you manage that?

Diane, that's easy. If you take off at the right time, and you head west instead of east, you can avoid ever seeing 5 o'clock while in the air

Glad you had a pleasant and fast journey (I've got an 8 hour from Melbourne to Thailand soon and the UK is normally 24 hours for me)
    My co-worker had surgery twice, she spoke a bit too much (or maybe too loud) after the first even though she had months of voice training prior.

I chat to more people in girl mode in 1 hour, than I would in boy mode for the whole day, it's just easier
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Hi Diane.
    No 5 o'clock shadow for me as I have had a lot of electrolysis.
    I get one close shave and the next day I have a very fine stubble which would be white if allowed to grow.
    I need a second round of electrolysis after Easter to cut this down.

Philippa Jane

Philipa,

Flying is the one form of public transport I've yet to use while enfemme. While I won't say it happens every journey on a good many I'll end up chatting to a fellow traveller. I know I don't pass at close quarters so for me it's either a measure of acceptance, curiosity or perhaps a bit of both. Whichever, I'll take the interaction as a positive.

The assistant you talked to at the airport, while a person after my own heart, I'm a believer in if you don't know ask, was on shakey ground as there are some who might take offence. "Are you trans" would perhaps be a better, safer way of phasing it but possibly it shows her lack of knowledge and not any malice. Having talked to you she'll undoubtedly be better equipped in the future. Ambassador Philipa has a certain ring to it don't you think?

Hello Helen.
    I do agree with you on enlightening the curious.
    As I have got more comfortable with myself I worry less about my voice. My therapist assures me that there are a lot of GG's with deepish voices.
    I am never going to get precious over someone addressing me as mate, buddy or asking me if I am a guy.
    When it is done without malice I will rise to the challenge. If it were done in a nasty way then I can ignore it and turn the other cheek.
    Thankfully that has never happened so far.

Philippa Jane

Philipa, That is wonderful. I'm glad everyone was accepting.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".