Thread: Stress relief!

Stress relief!

As some of you may know I lost my wife a few weeks ago. But I have been dressing up almost 24/7 for the last 2 weeks and it's been a help in releasing the stress of her loss.

Do any of you get relief from stress by dressing up?
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Glenda, so sorry to read of your loss, can't imagine what you went through and glad you are able to share your feelings with us.

As to the question, a definite "YES" on the stress relief, at times it's all I can think of when having tough times. Trying to talk with my wife is really only a minimal discussion, she knows it works wonders but neither of us can figure out the 'why' of CDing. I'd skip the word "But" in your second sentence, I think so many of us have about the same feeling and you have no reason to explain or question how you're dealing with this loss.

In some way many of us are glad to have CDing as a stress relief, looking around at society we see so many other choices that can be so much more damaging (smoking, drinking, gambling, etc.), all I can say is keep it up, you're working through this and will grow to be a stronger person!

Glenda, Sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. I do think that dressing to any extent can be a very good stress relief. It just feels comforting and can bring a smile no matter how small it is.
    Crissy

I do remember you telling us you lost your wife. I continue to have your family in my prayers. I do occasionally dress for stress relief (most of the time I dress because I enjoy wearing dresses)

I'm so sorry for your loss and wish you strength through this. Oh yes definitely when stressed I will dress more, almost like I want to escape my male self and be a women with no problems.

Very sorry for your loss. Wearing womens clothing is a definite stress relief for me so much so I wish my doctor would write up a prescription I could show my wife.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Sorry for your loss. If dressing up helps you through this difficult time of grieving, then go for it. Dressing does many things for me. One thing it does ,it helps me to relieve stress by stepping out of character into a different side of who I am.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Very sorry for your loss.
    I'm so glad that dressing helps you through this difficult time. Since I dress almost all the time now I don't see a difference as the stress comes in both forms. I can say that I deal with it differently though.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

So sorry to hear of your loss. Even though I?m dressed often, there are times I definitely feel relief from stress, especially hose. Remarkable.

Glenda, I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I can't imagine.
    I do understand that dressing can be a good emotional outlet and can see it being helpful. I wish you well.

Dear Glenda.
    I am sorry for your loss.
    I was in the same situation 3 years ago and found a great deal of comfort from having my wife's clothes near by.
    Her scent kept her close to me. I found that dressing gave me so much solace and helped me cope.
    Finding a psychologist to help with my grief also led me to recognising how I could now function as my true inner self.
    I never really thought I would get over the loss but with time the pain diminishes.

Philippa Jane

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Dressing is definitely a stress relief for me. It can also put me into a better frame of mind to enjoy the world around me.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I had an SD card with hundreds of photos of sessions where I was able to dress and get out on my private patio. I destroyed the card and photos during an extremely tense period in my marriage. I miss having the photos as a reminder of just how peaceful I felt/feel while dressed. Dressing is less of an escape from anything but rather an acknowledgement that my own sense of who I am. It does relieve stress, but it's goes beyond that to me and to a point of giving a sense of "rightness". Not sure if that'll make sense to anyone else.
    To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. ~ Timothy Keller

I don't have any known (as in diagnosed) mental health issues, and don't suspect that I have any issues that are not diagnosed. That said, I think crossdressing leads me to better health than going long periods without it.

If this is what makes you tick and it works, that's really awesome! Another member here somewhat recently lost their spouse and lost (likely very temporarily) the desire to crossdress. What works for you works for you.

Glenda, so very sorry to hear of your loosing your wife. Rest assured your heart will always feel her presence, and your memories of her will bring comfort.

I lost my amazing wife over17 years ago. I dressed almost continuously as I mourned her. Dressing helped me feel like there was a way through the misery, and it gave me great comfort. Over time my memories of her have brought solace. Every time I dress I fondly remember her.

In closing, dress frequently and to your heart's content -- there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing so.

Kind regards,
    Rhonda

Yes Glenda, dressing is a great stress reliever for me. My wife has been gone 8 years this coming July and I have dressed, like you 24/7. I am lucky enough that many of her clothes fit me too, so I often wear one of her tank tops or leggings. Wearing her clothes gives me an added layer of peace and comfort. Adapting my wardrobe has helped too, I have found womens jeans, pants, shoes & other outer wear that goes unnoticed in public, so I can go about my dressing wherever I am.
    I hope you are getting on ok, I know it's a difficult time and you will get through it. We can't forget though, I was watching a tv show that she loved the other night, I ended up in tears again but that's ok, it's another lovely memory leaking out.

Platinum Member
    Hi Glenda, Dressing is a Fantastic Stress Reliever ,

Mat your Wonderful WIFE ( R I P ), <Orchid
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    I cannot image losing my wife of fifty plus years, so it must be difficult for you. I think it is natural to try to seek some kind of comfort in difficult times. When I was still working at a job I did not like because of the office personalities I found stress piled up. Throw in some combat related PTSD and I developed the need to be somebody else. I hang out weekly with a group of combat veterans who dealt with their struggles with drugs and alcohol. They found comfort in a bottle. Me? Taking a stress relief day off from work, donning a dress and heels, and turning into a June Cleaver doing domestic chores. I get some push back from members who always stress going forth into the world totally en femme, but that always introduces some element of stress. Now that I have been retired for over fifteen years I find myself being totally relaxed dressed in male jeans and a graphic tee shirt or a dress and heels.