Thread: Sweet Spot

Sweet Spot

I've written a couple of posts about recent accomplishments. I've been to a local coffee shop in hybrid femme mode and got compliments on the pearls I was wearing. I've been wearing makeup regularly in male mode with my wife's knowledge and gradual acceptance. She never complained that I looked feminine, but did point out that it wasn't the most complimentary thing I did. She gave me a couple of her old palettes of shadows and continued to critique the application without being judgmental. We finally went to Sephora this weekend and she chose a shadow that she thought would work best. She also chose a red reducing foundation for me since she often comments about how red my face is.

We got home and I tried the foundation and the shadows along with a light application of mascara and I think I've finally found the sweet spot. I can now do my eyes in a way that compliments them, in male mode, without being obvious. It makes all the difference that she seems totally comfortable with the extent of my makeup application. She's actually complimented it.

This morning I got up, showered, shaved everything below the waist followed by going through what I expect to be my daily makeup routine. Afterwards, I dressed in full femme mode with matching bra and panties, black leggings with a purple sleeveless woman's mock turtleneck along with my pearls. I ended up doing my toenails in a deep pink shade on the patio while she played with her plants.

By this time of day, I've been in femme/androgynous mode all day and have never felt prettier. We've been affectionate much of the day (not intimate) and she seems to be mostly comfortable with where I am right now.

As I said, I've been wearing subtle makeup daily for the last month or two and have been less subtle on a couple of outings. I've even been to the gym wearing leggings and a t shirt the last two visits and intend to continue that trend. I'm definitely a bearded man, but I am becoming more comfortable with a less traditionally male presentation. It's been very freeing. As of now, I'm sort of in a sweet spot where I'm presenting the way I want. I have no desire to be seen as a woman. I like my male features with my beard being one of the strongest. But, I like the balance of the feminine in my presentation. It's exactly the look I've been going for.
    Last edited by Bea_; 03-25-2024 at 07:43 PM.
    To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. ~ Timothy Keller

Bea: Congratulations on hitting a sweet spot in your journey. That must be a wonderful feeling for you - one to cherish and remember. If you stay there for years, or move on to another sweet spot of even more complexity, each sweet spot allows you to present yourself in the way that you feel to be your real self at that point in time. It is a marker of achievement on your path, wherever that path may take you.

You dance to a different drummer than most here on CD-dot-com, and I admire you for that excellent self expression. Your experiences add greatly to the rich fabric of all the lives and lifestyles represented here.

Well done. Kind regards,
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Glad you and your wife have figured out your appearance together

Very happy for you....
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Happy for you, it's awesome when your wife accepts and helps.

I really appreciate you sharing your journey with us. Of course I have my doubts and moments questioning my choices but when my wife buys me a dress or new top I realize that I have someone in my corner that supports me no matter what. What a great feeling having your wife help you select flattering makeup. So glad you are getting to where you want to be, what a great feeling

Great story you are definitely in a sweet spot that many of us envy. Enjoy

It's great that you don't feel the "need" to be full-on male or full-on femme, and even better that you're wife's accepting.
    I love hearing of situations like this.