Thread: Emily's Travel Tips Part One

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar

Emily's Travel Tips Part One

In my year and a half of traveling out of town en femme, I have learned a few things, sometimes trial and error, somtimes expensive lessons, some humorus, Lol. I would like to pass some of them on to possibly benefit newer girls that may be thinking of taking a trip away from the comfort of home. I travel on all my excursions so far only by car, so some things may not apply in the world of air travel.

All About Face (for you retired military girls..)

On all my trips, one daily routine I spent some considerable time to refine and make things easier is ... facial shaving. I don't really mind doing it, but with two or three times a day, sometimes became bothersome, so I experimented with different shavers in an attempt to make things more enjoyable with better results.
    Originally, I only used two cartridge shavers and two sets of blades on trips. One to shave with the grain and the other against it. Tried a number of different brands over time, finally settled on the Gillette Mach 3 as my shaver of choice, and now purchase 20 cartridge packs from Sams Club to try and keep blade costs down.

On travel trips, I normally shave once in the morning, and then again in the late afternoon prior to going out in the evening. Sometimes once more if I am staying in the hotel all day, usually during the summer months spending time at the pool and the bar at night.
    Late last fall, I had the idea to get a small inexpensive cordless rotary shaver to try to lessen the time of the 2nd shave of the day. I looked at a number of cheap, $15 ones, none of which had stellar reviews, and ordered one. Looked great, charged great, sounded great, but the shave performance left much to be desired. Sadly, it took four times longer than the blade shave. Yike.. It's round, a nice color, I now use it as a desk paperweight. You kind of get what you pay for is very true in the world of shaving. I then did some extensive research on higher quality cordless shavers with promising reviews. After 2 or 3 weeks of looking around, one shaver really caught my eye, and I now believe I struck gold with it. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C171KTZN...roduct_details It is the Andis ProFoil Lithium Plus Titanium Foil Shaver TS-2 Model 17255

It is a very nice quality rechargeable foil shaver with replaceable blades. It has incredible battery life as well.. I have never had to actually recharge it during any 4 or 5 day trip I have taken and used it. The secret to this shaver, is to use it before any facial hair get too long. In other words, if you go two days and try to shave with it, it does not work well. The hair is too long for the ultra thin foil and blades to work well. It comes with a small cleaning brush.. I clean it every day, very important, the blade assembly top pops off with a button release, gently brush the blades and inside, takes 30 seconds and your done.
    My routine when I do my trips is .. I shave in the morning with the Gillette shaver, and then later in the day with the Andis Profoil. My face loves it. You can even use it with makeup on, it does not mess it up, requiring you to redo it.

Another big benefit is.. I drive door to door en femme, (all part of the fun for me) during my longer trips, 4 or 5 hrs, I leave with the shaver in my purse and at some safe point around the 3 or 4 mile mark, I use it to give my face a quick touch up while driving. I then arrive at my destination with full facial bliss & confidence. Don't worry, I do it without looking in the mirror and in low traffic situations.

To conclude my fem shaving tips.. I use Dove exfoliating body polish with crushed macadamia & rice milk, wow, gotta love that, Lol. I use it on my face every 2 or three days, feels great, and removes the dead skin cells, which I think allows for a closer shave.
    Final item on my list is in my travel kit, I bring a extra very important item.. a Styptic Pencil. Very cheap, and it you nick yourself with the blade shave, a quick application and it will immediately stop any bleeding. Can be a real lifesaver.. ask me how I know.

That about covers it. Hopefully it helps a few girls overcoming some of the learning curve. We all have enough to worry about when away from home and in public. Always like to get other girls experiences or suggestions and would welcome them. All the above so far works very well for me. On some trips, I have had so funny things happen, mostly self inflicted.. I might write about those sometime. (must have had my blonde wig on when those struck)

Next, might be on Luggage, Packing, & Prep. What do you think..

Emily
    Attached Images Attached Images

Emily
    Well done and can’t wait to get the other tips ( part 2 - part 3 ect)
    I think we will put them all in this thread and we ( mods )can add to the title ( change it for you to include the other parts)

Thanks great helpful info
    Di
    Last edited by Di; 03-28-2024 at 09:37 AM.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Thanks so much Di.
    It was fun for me to write it up.

Emily

Nicely written Emily.

Thank you Bridget.

Emily, great tips. I'll probably pick up the rechargeable electric razor at some point. Will be interested in reading part 2 when ever you get around to posting it.
    The Pink Fog will be with you, always!

Thanks Diane. It's a great investment, especially if you can catch it on sale.

Emily

Thanks for sharing Emily. What about shaving the rest of the body? I currently use 2 razors in the shower one for the sensitive areas, it's a Venus with the lube on the cartridge. It doesn't shave close but it's so nice on the undercarriage. The other doesn't have the lube on it and shaves closer for legs, chest, lower back and stomach. My morning routine is 2-3 times longer than I have ever spent! I do still have my Norelco electric razor to touch up later on.

Kitty

Sounds like you have that part of the program, the rest of the body down fairly well Kitty.

I am relatively blessed in that area.. no leg hair, or arm pits, or back. Very little on chest and arms / fingers, I take care of it like you in the shower with a regular razor a couple of times a week. Lucky for me, my head is not aware of the rest of my body, I still have a full head of it that I have been growing out.. currently down below my shoulders now.

Possibly, some girls will chime in if they have found any different techniques that would be helpful to us.

Emily

Thanks for sharing! I don't go out but am curious about some challenges you must encounter doing so. Shaving 3 times a day with blades, wow, your skin must be made of Inconel X.

Emily, Some great tips, looking forward to the next installment
    Crissy

Thank you Crissy and Diane.

Emily

Many thanks for this most thoughtful advice.

Thanks for sharing, Emily--some great tips there.

Thank you Bunty and Donna.

We all enjoy helping each other out from time to time.

Emily

Platinum Member
    Hi Emily , It sounds like you have this Program pretty well figured out, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!