Thread: Women's shoes for Tall individual's??

Women's shoes for Tall individual's??

Wearing high heels is sexy and makes me feel slimmer, helps with my posture, plus a few other attributes!

Problem I'm having is... I'm Tall (6ft-4in) in general and just feel uncomfortable wearing high heels in public!
    Wondering if I should be wearing something different? Or should I not be concerned about it??
    Thoughts... Thanks

Senior Member Emily in the south's Avatar
    Understandable Jenna & welcome. I am 5'11" and routinely wear 4 or 5" heels when out and about. I also wear flats, depends on the venue. One of the girls in a group I visit out of town is 6'5" and wears heels.
    It's all up to you to decide and your comfort level.. for me, life is more fun in heels.. lol

Emily

Jenny,

I posted this a little while ago. Out enfemme a few years ago, sat in a pub facing the door when in walked what I described as a cross between a dementor and a fashion model. Dressed in black flowing chiffon, heels, she barely cleared the door. Obviously looking for someone she drifted in, gracefully walked around the bar before elegantly exiting out to the street.

Tall, yes, couldn't miss her but stunning as to be in a way remarkably normal.

I think what was really noticeable was her confidence. She owned her space. No hint of self consciousness.

Of course she was dressed to the time and place. If it'd been a supermarket the vibe would have been somewhat different.

I'm 5'10" and I'll wear a kitten heel if clothes shopping, 8-10 cm if out in a pub for the evening. Food shopping, flats. So I'd say it's about time and place and matching the footwear to suit.

I'm 6'5", and have worn 4" and 5" heels in public. I first wore them at home, to get comfortable with them. That built up the confidence to wear them in public with no problems.

Hi Jenna. I love the look and feel of heels. I bought so many of them. More than my wife has. I have bought ladders that say 250 lbs Max. I have never seen on all the boxes I have bought, a height restriction. I would bet if you were 5?4? you would still be uncomfortable wearing heels in public. It is natural. Wear them?own it?.and have fun. It will become second nature.

Banned Read only
    I'm going to say at 6ft-4in you're going to draw a second look from most people. Adding another three inches is not going to change that. Unless you're wearing flip-flops you're going to add some additional height. I'm 6ft and like to wear a wedge that has a two inch rise. A narrow heel is not all that comfortable for leisurely walking, so it's a wedge for me. If you go to a venue that is friendly it is not going to make too much of a difference what height your heels are. In my family picture I use to be the tall person, towering over all the 5ft to 5ft4in women.....until my 6ft4in son pops into the picture. Obviously, there is nowhere to hide, so enjoy the heels.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Little bit of both. It will never work if you look overly concerned about that height.. When you walk in? The. Room? You're going to get notice pretty much regardless of what you wearing. Put the heels on look fabulous, and own it!

That's what works for me though it didn't happen overnight. But seriously are you really going to blend in at 6 4?
    If the heels will make you look More fabulous, go for it. Is being a few inches shorter going to really help you blend in? I think for both of us our height is giving us a way regardless. Once you get over that the decision to wear heels or not is up to you. if you like them wear them.

It's how you feel when you walk in heels that matters to me. It's like your on top of the clouds you float when you walk that kind of thing. It's a bigger change than just wearing an open or closed toe, a red shoe or a blue shoe. Everything about how you walk and move changes and when you master it, it makes you special. People will look up to that
    Last edited by Genifer Teal; 03-30-2024 at 10:13 AM.

I'm not that tall but I had the same trepidation when I began going out in public.
    I love my heels and would want to wear them, but feared they would attract too much attention. Then I realized that anything out of the "norm" attracts attention in public. Too tall, too short, too old, too young, too much color, too little color, too dressy at the mall, too casual at the mall. People just are curious and look at anything they think is different.
    I remember years ago I was at a bowling alley and with a group of guys. Suddenly the ones facing me were all looking up and heads turning. It was summer and the local college women's volleyball team was walking past us. They were all well over 6' tall, and they were all wearing short shorts and tank tops. Everyone was looking.

Wear your heels, hold your head up and own it. Let them look, they're all jealous, even the women.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    Hi Genna , I am 81, I used to be 6'1.5" tall, Now just 5'11" up to a few years ago I had 160+ pairs of Heels, Flats & Boots,

Although I don't go out I still wear 4: & 5" Heals with no Problem, I now have less than 2Dozen pairs of shoes,

My 2 favorite pairs are the Black Ballet Flats & the Black 4" Slingback Pumps, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    I am two inches shorter than you, and honestly, I am seldom among people who are close to my height, so I do feel even more conspicuous in heels. But most of the time, I am dressed casually, so more likely flats, tennis shoes or sandals. I still stand out, but I am used to that.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Jenna, I am 6'2" and wear to 2-3 inch heels. I realize I stand out. You just have to accept that you are going to stand out.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I'm 6'2" and stand out regardless of footwear.

In my many outings en femme, Style and security go hand in hand. There's no point in looking fabulous if you keep falling over like Chevy Chase. Defeats the whole purpose, actually.

So on outings in the wild, I will only go as far as wearing wedges, although one did fail on me once and came unglued just as I stepped out of the car. Fortunately, I had a back up.

I do have some high heel shoes, but would only wear them in controlled environments. no unstable terrain, and not much (if any) running required.

Style only counts if you can keep a dignified appearance and on heels, I am about as far from Ginger Rogers as Schwartzennegger.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Aspiring Member
    I'm 6'1" and used to feel self-conscious in heels, so I used to limit them to 1.5".
    Now I just go for it with 3" heels.
    I used to work with a woman who was 6'2" and she always wore heels.
    Tall women exist.

Jenna, if heel height is your biggest issue, you're way ahead of the curve, go for it!

Same height here, with heels wind up reaching critical height. Low bridge.jpg
    Don't forget; most doorways are 80". 6'4" plus 4" reaches that exactly, don't ask me how I know. I've had several pairs of Pleaser brand size 15 and 16 boots and shoes, and those heels bring my noggin into collision height (the heels are either 4.5" or 5"), and sometimes I forget and WHAM! Stars floating all around my head.
    FWIW, those big Pleaser brand boots are quite comfortable on my size 15/16 feet. I will try to list the names and style numbers when I return from my trip, but it's clear that they know who they are selling to. But again, the heel heights DO bring the top of the architecture into danger.
    That said, it wasn't that hard to learn to walk in them,since even a 4.5" heel isn't a great difference once the foot is already a size 15, so it was pretty comfy to walk around in them for a day or so, as long as I could sit down and not permanently be on my feet.
    As far as 'stealth'? Not going to happen for us. No one will miss the 6'10" woman walking in the door. Tell 'em you're trying out for RuPaul's new show or something. From what I understand, even the women will be interested in talking to you, even if they don't find you as a potential mate (currently have a friend who is 'out', still trying to convince me to try it; NOPE).

'
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Another tall gal here. 6'2 in flats. In my favorite 3.5" gold strappy sandals, I just clear a standard doorway.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I've gone to events and have to duck in the parking garage.

Look on the bright side - You didn't have to goose!
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Hi Jenna, I'm also 6'4" tall and love wearing my heels when dressed as Rachel. Maybe not 4" or 5" tall but at least 2 or 3 inch. I think they help make me look girly and they make my legs look better and my walk more female. Besides many of the best models are quite tall. Stand tall and be a beautiful girl

Finding pointed flats was a game changer for me, but heels are just sonething that I had to own.

Being 6'3" and wearing 4" heels is definitely a statement for me. When I wear them it is prett6 certain that I will but be the tallest woman in a room, but it isn't as big of a deal as many think.

I took a class in college with a large portion of the women's soccer team... I was short standing next to a room full 6'4 - 6'7" athletes.