Thread: a conversation with my wife about pantyhose

a conversation with my wife about pantyhose

One of my doctors suggested that I start to wear compression socks. For those who don't know they go to about the knee, and are tight fitting.

I was putting one on the other morning while discussing something with my wife. I was balling the sock up as if one were putting on a stocking or pantyhose and pulling it slowly up my leg. The following ensued:

Wife: now you know what it feels like for women to put on pantyhose, oh, wait a minute, you already do.

Me: Yes, but they are not quite the same.

Wife: pantyhose are looser and more likely to have a fingernail poking through them

Me: Been there, done that.

Aftr a week of wearing the socks, I'd rather wear pantyhose.
    Last edited by melissalynn; 04-06-2024 at 09:35 PM. Reason: typos

Platinum Member
    Hi Melissa Lynn , Get some support Pantyhose, They feel Fantastic, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hi Melissa
    I have a pantyhose fetish which my wife has taken full advantage of, I certainly know the feeling of wearing them as she likes me to wear them 24/7.

Amy x

Hi Melissa, I'd rather wear pantyhose then support socks. My wife loves the idea that I do and she is always in my lingerie draw. We share everything.

Love my control top pantyhose!
    Silk Reflections girl here. Socks are so bland.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

melissalynn, I too have to wear the compression socks. I dislike them, but the consequence of not wearing them is bad. Potentially very bad. But, all is not lost!

As you've not doubt seen (at least I have with 20-30mmhg socks), you will get a line where it binds just below the knee. If the socks are pulled up fully, you won't get a line at your ankle, where it slips down and binds. The line at the ankle is especially bad and problematic. Blood can get caught there and result in eruptions under your skin there. Pulling the socks up all day long is a pain in the *(#. I discovered a partial solution, and tested it with good effect. Shaving your legs (even if just from the knee down) helps the socks to stay up. The leg hair acts as some sort of friction reducing element and encourages the socks to slip down. When I tested this, I kept one leg shaved for a month and the other unshaved, after it hadn't been shaved for some months (so lots of hair). The shaved leg had better results than the unshaved leg.

Another potentially good thing (vis a vis CDing); given that this condition is permanent, I purchased an epilator. This reduces the number of times you have to shave (well, epilate) and the epilating is easier on your skin. You won't get nicks and cuts from epilating. I find I have to epilate about once every two weeks where as with shaving it was 2-3 times a week. Another benefit of the epilator is that many members here report that using it reduces hair growth, and eventually reduces it to almost nothing.

Something else you need to be aware of; wearing heels 2" and higher will effectively cut off circulation in your secondary veins from your lower legs up towards your heart. Don't plan on 2" or higher wearing heels and standing/walking in them for extended periods of time. Even with compression socks, it may be a problem. HOWEVER, some things I have read have noted that a 1 to 1 1/2" heel actually HELPS the circulation in that it helps the valves to close, increasing the pumping action. This is a good excuse to wear low heels

Also; you can experiment with compression tights and thigh highs. I've not done a lot with this yet. I did purchase a pair of compression pantyhose, but they were $40 and only lasted a few wearings before they ripped. Not worth the money. I haven't purchased compression tights or thigh highs but I will someday. You may get better results with compression options for women. I challenged my vein doctor about this one time, asking why women had other options for compression hosiery that men did not. He agreed it was sexist.

And one more thing... when I was first diagnosed ~6 years ago, if I didn't wear compression socks my lower legs would start to show it after about 6-8 hours. Not good. Since then I have taken to walking more than 4 miles a day. Once I started doing that, I observed a significant decrease in visible problems on my legs. Not that I want to, but I can go more than a day now without any visible adverse effects from not wearing compression socks.

Best of luck! This is one case where CDing (by way of wearing compression tights/pantyhose and wearing low heels) and supporting CDing (by way of hairless legs) can actually help your health Just repeat after me; "I'm doing this for medical reasons only!"
    Last edited by JulieC; 04-08-2024 at 10:44 AM.

My wife hates wearing pantyhose. Refuses to wear them. ?qPeriod. End of story. While totally supportive, she still teases me about how can I find any comfort wearing pantyhose and/or an underwire bra. I just smile. I wore pantyhose for years. Yes, Cheryl, I, too, am a total HSR devotee. With age, back issues, I?ve been wearing HSR thigh highs for the past several years and love ?em. I know they?re not as tight as supp hose, but they sure do feel good. I wear them every day. Barely There fav color.

Interesting that this has just come up.
    This morning the nurse came in and told me I should be wearing compression stockings. I have been lying around a lot and they want to make sure I do not suffer any blood clots.
    I personally would avoid these at all costs if I were not here as they are so difficult to put on . My big concern is that sooner or later I would break a nail. A bit superficial I know but that is me.

Philippa Jane

I wear compression socks (knee high) and sheer compression thigh high stockings (not quite as nice as silk reflections butt good enough when I wear shorter dresses)

My wife always despised wearing hose, ironic that I love ❤️ them.

My wife asked me if I had a new pair she can have. Of course I did.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    My ex never wore pantiehose. And, after I discovered they make tites in skin tone? I rarely do either!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I love wearing pantyhose. I was ecstatic when my doctor suggested that I should start wearing full-length support pantyhose for a mild medical condition that was supposedly irreversible. After several months my condition improved dramatically but I still wear my compression hose every day.

The style I wear is 17 mm/Hg but I also have some 20 - 25 mm/Hg pairs when I need extra compression. Despite being support pantyhose, they are very sheer and silky and even have reinforced heels and toes in a satin finish.

My girlfriend often remarks that my nylons are silkier than hers. And yes, I share with her.

My wife still comments/complains about having to wear pantyhose to work in the eighties and nineties and how she hated them. Not me I loved wearing her hose and the dress/skirt outfits she wore to work.