Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your dress limits

What are your dress limits

What are you limits/tolerances with your wife or partner with dressing ?. The only two thing for me, I cannot grow my hair out and I cannot have my ears pierced, everything else is fine, I can dress when I want fully shave all my body paint my nails etc, but the two things Ive mentioned are a big NO NO. What are your barriers.

No limits if I want to dress at home

I wouldn't really say I have limits, but my wife has made it known that she doesn't want to be a part of my dressing and I accept that. Not comfortable enough to go outside anyways...and I'd absolutely NEVER pass. lol. I do shave my almost all my body hair off though, and will wear leggings around the house. Painting my toenails is ok as well...so she does accept some things.
    -Cheryllynn

My wife has an absolute 0 tolerance which is the biggest barrier of all.

My wife is fully accepting and supportive, but is concerned about reactions in our conservative neighborhood should I be seen. As a result she has told me that when I venture out and about the further away from home I am the better, so I am always cautious of my surroundings no matter where I am.
    www.flickr.com/people/194195593@N05/

My wife is fully accepting. There are limits that I don't dress around her oldest daughter who has some mental health challenges.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    The only real. but big limit, is my wife does not want to see me dressed. She is very supportive other wise.
    Sara

My wife accepts me wearing panties, a bra, leggings and night gowns. I am quite satisfied with this and have not mentioned any further dressing.
    Honoring the woman within

Panties - OK (She doesn't need to see them)
    Nighties - OK (as long as they're not too "girly." Plain, solid colors, and longer is preferred - no "mini's")
    Anything more - taboo!

The wigs. My wife would rather me not wear them unless we are heading out. Other than that I have free range. Love that girl. Oh there are a few of her dresses she so not to wear yet she wears all of mine...just not right.

Debs, I could definitely live with the Crossdressing limits your wife set you are very lucky to have such a sweet accepting wife. Enjoy!

Zero tolerance for me. Less than zero, if that is an option.

This is brand new for my wife and I. So far she is supportive and let?s me have time and space inside the house to crossdress as I please. The only hard rule is I have to let her now when I?m doing it. She is not comfortable participating, which is fine with me because I?m not sure I?m ready for that yet either. We are not ready to be intimate during it which is a mutual boundary. I also wear a bra and panties and a nightgown to sleep sometimes which she doesn?t mind if I let her know and as she says ?don?t expect her to watch.?

I feel very lucky, supported and loved by her. She loves shopping and does not mind talking about things I like in the store, which has been a lot of fun.

Thanks,
    Isa Z

My wife is fully supportive of my dressing. My days of venturing out are over for me at 71 years of age. But, I dress almost every day when I get home from work. She loves to see me dressed.
    Just a girl fronm Long Island, NY .... always looking to meet others from my area.

My wife has always accepted me for me. I have been living as Chris for a while and yet the only stipulation is no pictures. Its always been this way.

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    She's not that jazzed about it but does tolerate it. No wigs or makeup, and no going out.

In the very beginning, she didn?t want me having a wig or breast forms or wearing makeup. She relented those things after less than a year .She has seen that after almost 13 years since I told her, I?m still straight and have no desire to transition, so if I?m ok with it she is.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

My wife met Sami well before we married. She was tolerant at first, but over time has come to prefer Sami. She says I'm calmer and easier to get along with as Sami. She encouraged me to shave my body and get my ears double pierced 20 years ago. We go out occasionally as girlfriends. I don't really pass well. I'm a six feet tall Ironman triathlete. We only go to friendly places. We've been married since 1988 and have two adult children that also accept me for who I am.
    SamiLiving in feminine bliss

I am one of the super fortunate ones. After I came out to my wife 5 years ago, after 38 years of marriage, she was completely supportive. She calls it my "hobby". We go out for dinner and/or drinks together, go shopping together, etc. with me dressed. She doesn't have a fixed rule, but doesn't want me to be Joanie every single day, so I'm sure to be my male self at least once a week. It's a small price to pay for my freedom. Sometimes I stay in male mode for a while. When we vacation, I am usually in male mode, but depending on where we're going, sometimes I have a Joanie day. Last spring we spent two weeks in FL, and we spent a girls' day out in Downtown Jacksonville; the rest of the trip I was in male mode, except for one night at a music festival.

The other restriction is that there are a few restaurants where we go that she wants me to reserve for male mode, which is also A-OK, due to the aforementioned wonderful support.

I wear panties every day, under my male clothes if it's a male day. I have girlie pajamas I wear at night or just sleep in my underwear. (No nighties -- they don't appeal to me). She is part of a group of women that have lunch every Friday, and told the other ladies about me, but respectfully asked me first. I was already (accidentally) out to a couple of them that I ran into out and about.

I have taken over my office closet, and half the drawers in my dresser with Joanie's clothes. As long as I don't take up any of *her* space, she's fine with it.

She doesn't mind if the neighbors see me, and thus I am out to most everybody within one or two houses away, as I take out the trash, get in and out of the car, get packages from the front porch, etc.

In other words, I'm living the CD dream.

My only limits are no implants and no hormones.
    We agreed on that early on and although it's become more difficult for me I respect her and the promise I made.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have a few limits that my wife and I agree upon.

No dressing on major holidays, her birthday or our anniversary.

I dress as a man more than a woman, but wearing panties every day is okay.

I don't wear any of her clothes.

I don't wear anything noticeable in the small town we live in. But that doesn't stop me from dressing more on colder days since I can hide things under my coat.

Inside our house, I am free to dress as much as I want (3 days a week), and I can freely dress in front of her with no issues.

My wonderful wife has been totally supportive and helpful. She?s never voiced any limits or restrictions, but we both agree , no tattoos, pierced ears, long hair, my wigs are beautiful, like Cheryl, no implants, or hormones. I don?t think of them as barriers, just agreements. Things are good.

My wife, when she was alive, had only one restriction: That when I went out with her that I present as a man. Otherwise I was free to do anything, including being on estrogen. She even encouraged me to do that as it calmed me down. If I was being irritable she would say, "You need to take your hormone".
    Breast implants were not necessary as my natural bra cup size is DD.

Cheryl T: "I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes." Yes, that's what I say when I dress en femme.

John
    Last edited by JohnH; 05-27-2024 at 11:54 AM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I have a supportive wife. Our limits are no going out dressed in or near our town. We shop together and do each others nails. I am a very lucky girl.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

In my case the limits are all past tense. While still married, my ex did not want to see me fully dressed. I think if she was honest about it, she was bothered by even the knowledge that I dressed completely when she was absent too.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt