Thread: male hormones

male hormones

Hi,
    I've been taking female hormones (Premmarin) for a little better than 2 months now and starting to see some growth in my breast, and slightly higher pitch in my voice.
    Can I slow down or stop my male hormones ?
    does anyone know if this is possible ?
    Life's good when you love being who you are !
    and shopping

Love danadoll

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    If you have a doctor for your premarin I would ask him. If you are taking hormones without a doctor's supervision, please stop. It can be dangerous. If you are buying them from anywhere but from a registered pharmacy you have no idea what you are really getting. They do have testosterone blockers but please see a doctor first.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    i agree with everything Lissa just said

Hi Danadoll.

I am soon to start hormones - under Dr's supervision and have been researching this very issue of male hormones.

The testes produce the largest amount of male hormone. Some transsexuals had their testes removed (I want to do this) but the problem comes when you are ready for SRS. The sack holding the testes is used to help create the vagina, etc. but if you have testes removal too long before SRS, this sack shrinks, thus inhibiting the depth of the resulting vagina.

I do not plan on having SRS so the removal of my testes is not a big deal and will help the female hormones take their full effect.

Hope this helps, Carolanne

Dear Carolanne,
    Thx for the info. I'm learning a lot sense I joined the forum.
    Best of luck to you lov.
    and shopping

Love danadoll

Thx Melissa
    Yes my doctor has prescribed them, and I will speak to her next visit.
    thx for your concern.
    and shopping

Love danadoll

Quote Originally Posted by danadoll
    Hi,
    I've been taking female hormones (Premmarin) for a little better than 2 months now and starting to see some growth in my breast, and slightly higher pitch in my voice.
    Can I slow down or stop my male hormones ?
    does anyone know if this is possible ?
    I don't think hormones can change the pitch of the voice after it has changed on its own. Also, your age is not much different than mine and after sometime in your early to mid 40s the level of testosterone drops on its own. It may not be all that high to begin with.

GypsyKaren
    I find this all to be most curious. I was thinking some time back about going on premarin, so I talked to my tranny doc about it, and also to a couple of my girlfriends who have been on it for quite a few years. They all said pretty much the same thing, that it would not change my voice at all, and it would do nothing for breast growth. They said it would soften my skin, and give me a feeling of calmness, but that was pretty much it. Premarin is used to treat menopausal symptons, I do believe, such as hot flashes and such. Yet after only 2 months, you're growing breasts and your voice is changing? I find this to be most curious indeed, mayhaps I misunderstood everyone.

Karen

Hi, Karen
    yes I've had several people tell me my voice has a slightly higher pitch including my dr. some times I notice it and other times I don't. My breast have gotten larger. I just started useing a breast pump, I don't know if it will help, but I'll try any thing that might help a little
    and shopping

Love danadoll

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyKaren
    I find this all to be most curious. I was thinking some time back about going on premarin, so I talked to my tranny doc about it, and also to a couple of my girlfriends who have been on it for quite a few years. They all said pretty much the same thing, that it would not change my voice at all, and it would do nothing for breast growth. They said it would soften my skin, and give me a feeling of calmness, but that was pretty much it. Premarin is used to treat menopausal symptons, I do believe, such as hot flashes and such. Yet after only 2 months, you're growing breasts and your voice is changing? I find this to be most curious indeed, mayhaps I misunderstood everyone.

Karen
    Nope -- your info is correct, Karen.

Quote Originally Posted by danadoll
    Hi, Karen
    yes I've had several people tell me my voice has a slightly higher pitch including my dr. some times I notice it and other times I don't. My breast have gotten larger. I just started useing a breast pump, I don't know if it will help, but I'll try any thing that might help a little
    So, what you are now saying is that it isn't Premarin that is increasing your breast size, but breast pumps? Boy, I'm going to miss you if you keep this up.

GypsyKaren
    Dana, this just keeps getting curiouser and curiouser. You see, my daughter was born 2 months pre-mature, and her mother had to use a breast pump for a long time because she had trouble expressing milk. I mean to say, we had it for over a year, and in all that time her breasts didn't grow a bit, I mean nothing. Yet you just started using one and you're growing! I guess you must have got a higher horsepower model than we had. Curious indeed!

Karen

This is not a forum of misinformation, so this thread is done.