Thread: Dressing services

Dressing services

Alot of TV's are unaware of the existance of dressing services, i.e places you go and pay to be made up as a women. Perhaps we could compile a list for people wishing to use these services but not knoeing where to find them.
    I will start with 3 in the south of England.
    www.chevy.co.uk
    www.transformation.co.uk
    www.sophies.co.uk
    I know loads more in England and when I get time will post a list of them.

Departed
    Nina,

Have you ever looked into CD support groups, CD organizations, etc? If you find one near you it will give you a place to go and be with other CDs, get a little more comfortable being out and maybe even get in some "out on the town" outings. The one I belonged to for a while had meetings (boring!) but after that some of the girls and I would go to a local lesbian bar. They were open to us and accepted us. The great thing was the scenery! There were so many hot girls there (it really made me want to be a woman!) I know a lot of CDs go to gay bars but who wants to look at a bunch of guys?

Doing this can replace the dressing service if it has been used as a reason to just be dressed and accepted. And it's a lot cheaper. Also once you've been with other CDs you begin to realize there's nothing to be embarassed about. A lot of people are really okay with it.

There seems to be an increasing number of girls in their 20s and 30s that it doesn't bother at all. Many of these girls work in clothing and cosmetic departments and see CDs buying stuff all the time. They are used to it. Who knows Nina, maybe you'll be out shopping just like any other girl and some hottie working the cosmetic counter will hit on you. Now wouldn't that be nice? But you'll never meet her unless Nina gets out a little more often and getting with a group is one of the easiest ways to do it.

Matilda
    i would love to go to a places like them, but that list doesnt help cause i live in melbourne, australia so if anyone knows ive these kind of places in melbourne that would be great
    btw love those pics of u nina u look stunning, i hope i look as good as that some day

Teri
    For those out West in the USA, there is The Hidden Woman (they have a web site under that name) in Reno, NV; Jim Bridges Boutique in Studio City, CA; and Lydia's Boutique, also in Studio City. I think they also have web sites. Go and enjoy.

i love to

i would love to get made over at one of those places that would be the best
    then go out for a drink in public

Help

Quote Originally Posted by Julie M.
    Nina,

Have you ever looked into CD support groups, CD organizations, etc? If you find one near you it will give you a place to go and be with other CDs, get a little more comfortable being out and maybe even get in some "out on the town" outings. The one I belonged to for a while had meetings (boring!) but after that some of the girls and I would go to a local lesbian bar. They were open to us and accepted us. The great thing was the scenery! There were so many hot girls there (it really made me want to be a woman!) I know a lot of CDs go to gay bars but who wants to look at a bunch of guys?

Doing this can replace the dressing service if it has been used as a reason to just be dressed and accepted. And it's a lot cheaper. Also once you've been with other CDs you begin to realize there's nothing to be embarassed about. A lot of people are really okay with it.

There seems to be an increasing number of girls in their 20s and 30s that it doesn't bother at all. Many of these girls work in clothing and cosmetic departments and see CDs buying stuff all the time. They are used to it. Who knows Nina, maybe you'll be out shopping just like any other girl and some hottie working the cosmetic counter will hit on you. Now wouldn't that be nice? But you'll never meet her unless Nina gets out a little more often and getting with a group is one of the easiest ways to do it.

This is the second time if wrote this message. The first one never posted for some reason.
    I would love to go out as Nina to a club with a group of other TV's but thats not possible as things have got very strained in my relationship at the moment and I think my girlfriend wants me to seek help sell my stuff and live a normal live. Yesterday she found a recipt for some clothes i'd bought and went mad about all the money I was wasting. I don't really know any support groups in the area.
    Today my girlfriend is at work and normally this would result in me closing all the curtains and dressing up but not today. To be honest the whole thing is getting me down. I might stop being Nina(and stop posting here)
    sorry starting to get deprested now. Come on you lot cheer me up
    whats a lesbian bar? and how come TV's can go in? and do any lesbians fancy TV's as well as RG's?

Departed
    Quote from Nina:
    "whats a lesbian bar? and how come TV's can go in? and do any lesbians fancy TV's as well as RG's?"

Nina,

I'm sure you know what a lesbian is but a lesbian bar is simply a pub where they gather that pretty much excludes non-lesbians. The one near me is open to CDs but that varies from one place to the next. They have one rule there for us, don't hit on any of the girls.

The majority of lesbians have no interest in CDs. They like real women. I had a conversation with one of the girls there one time and we just discussed our situations, each us of having to deal with public opinion regarding the more interesting part of our personalities.

I'm not into guys at all so being able to go to a lesbian pub (I'm trying to use British lingo) is nice because even though we cant touch, we can look.

Nina, your present situation is not uncommon. Many of us have at least once purged (thrown out) all our girl stuff in an attempt to stop dressing up but everyone of us has come back. Then we have to replenish the wardrobe all over again. It get's expensive. If you are doing this to keep peace with your GF it will only make you unhappy. This doesn't go away and there is no "cure" for it. You need to just learn to accept it and you'll be much happier once you do.

If you decide to give it a try, don't throw your clothes away. Pack them up and store them away. You'll save yourself a lot of money in the long run. I went over two years once but I was miserable. Then I slowly started to rebuild my wardrobe again and was really upset at myself for throwing all those perfectly good clothes away, some of which I really liked and have never been able to replace them.

Here's some links that might get you started on finding a support group:
    http://www.u-net.com/~nconcord - Manchester
    http://www.trans-mission.org/ - London
    I'm not sure exactly where you live but you can always do a web search for more.

Good luck,
    Last edited by Julie; 05-08-2004 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nina
    This is the second time if wrote this message. The first one never posted for some reason.
    I would love to go out as Nina to a club with a group of other TV's but thats not possible as things have got very strained in my relationship at the moment and I think my girlfriend wants me to seek help sell my stuff and live a normal live. Yesterday she found a recipt for some clothes i'd bought and went mad about all the money I was wasting. I don't really know any support groups in the area.
    Today my girlfriend is at work and normally this would result in me closing all the curtains and dressing up but not today. To be honest the whole thing is getting me down. I might stop being Nina(and stop posting here)
    sorry starting to get deprested now. Come on you lot cheer me up
    whats a lesbian bar? and how come TV's can go in? and do any lesbians fancy TV's as well as RG's?
    There are several occasions that Stelli went away for a trip of non-existence. Previously it was not Stelli, it had another name. I sometimes think that I am multiple personality, but then I do not find that I am medical issue, multiple personalities usually do not know that they are one person. Therefore I jump out from the average of gender archetype. I believe that most of us here are very lonely because wider public doesnot appreciate much on what we do, and that is not because we give that impression it is because they usually do not know how to respond. I find that tricky even with my wife where we know each other for quite a while. In spite of the fact that rest of the world outside thinks the same I still believe that we tend to exaggerate the outcome of our choice of dressing. Relationships are thus a bit more problematic. Especially if you partner (like mine) is straight - straight (squared). Even more I find women extremely stubborn when it comes to fact that we discover all their little secrets of dressing, makeup and body care that are used to seduce us. They would insist to be more fem that you can achieve. I find that silly outcome. Some sort of competition for no particular reason. Off hand I believe she is jealous. I find that intrinsic among girls and woman. Welcome to the fem world.

If you gf thinks you are not normal I believe you should reconsider your attitude towards her. I believe that you are normal, and being (guess) in your late 20ties or 30ties, you have chance to make peace with yourself and find appropriate partner or (a bit hard word) negotiate your relationship with existing gf. By now I can recognize you as being very active, imaginative and creative. I believe you are good company to be with. You are open and you take initiative to do new or extraordinary things.

Therefore unless it is something else, I think you should be that upset with yourself.
    Last edited by Stelli; 05-08-2004 at 10:37 PM.

reshmi
    hi nina,
    that will be great. only thing is sophies website does not have any contact address and do you know anyone in west midlands( anything costing less than transformation?) in any case who is the best? do any of them keep indian outfits i.e. sari, shalwar,lenhga etc.?
    reshmi
    Quote Originally Posted by Nina
    Alot of TV's are unaware of the existance of dressing services, i.e places you go and pay to be made up as a women. Perhaps we could compile a list for people wishing to use these services but not knoeing where to find them.
    I will start with 3 in the south of England.
    www.chevy.co.uk
    www.transformation.co.uk
    www.sophies.co.uk
    I know loads more in England and when I get time will post a list of them.