Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Convincing the masses

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor105
    So for real. Do y'all see anything? I won't be offended. I need all the help I can get. You all are the first people who I am testing my real passing with. lol Taylor
    Well, I think you definitely pass, and I think the fact that you don't have to bind helps that. Even when I bind or use a tight sports bra, I can only get my boobs to half their size (which is still very visible), so that's one reason that I'll never pass until I can get rid of them.

As for looking less like a young boy, the only thing I can think of that might help that is facial hair, but applying fake facial hair seems tricky (I think Abraxas may have some info on that). It might be that a different wardrobe would help you look a little older too.

All the FtMs that I've seen always look younger as men than they do as women, though, so I think that's just par for the course.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I used to get called 'Miss' in a man's suit and tie... doh!

I think for the boy's you tend to look a lot younger than your years... Which we girl's pay serious money to try do... Lisa 'nuked the hair with colour this weekend & bought even more anti-wrinkle creams' Golightly.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Hi Guys!!
    If you dont mind I will toss in a nickel here. I know I have been pretty quiet on this forum of late.

As a photog I am sensitive to a lot of things. Besides the obvious of jewellery (although that can be kept really low key), hair etc a couple of things are quite noticeable. Skin texture is probably the first one and secondly eyebrows. The other thing that can help in a big way is the collar. Avoid low collars wherever possible. Women generally have longer and thinner necks than men so collarless shirts generally go against you.

As Taylor said, posture and mannerisms are another clue.

Generally if you keep it low key you will probably pass a lot better than you think, but to be honest, most of the pics I have seen of you guys seem to have you able to pass fairly easily. You guys seem to have a better sense of this than most of us M2F's.

Oh, and Capn, you will get there. Patience.

Kimberley.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    My face doesn't really give me away that much, it just makes me look like I'm about eleven years old, haha. It's probably my voice that gives me away a lot, and my chest.
    Hmm I don't how real the photo is online online, but I'm not sure on the stubble

The girl I work with at work manages to look so ambiguous ad with her voice and mannerisms can easily pass and I know she doesn't bother with the facial hair, but does tape down her boobs as they're literally the only think in work mode that makes you go ah thats a girl

Long have I watched mens and womens faces, trying to figure out what makes the difference between a man's and a woman's face
    I find the main thing is the angle of the eyes. Mens eyes seems to curve down on the outside, whereas womens eyes tend to angle upwards. I usually put a small flick of eyeliner at the corners of my eyes to try to create the illusion that my eyes angle upwads.
    Cheerleaders are angels, we are the only humans that can FLY!
    (Yes, I am actually a real cheerleader! )

Thanks for the tips guys!!! At most with sideburns I may pass for a boy going to his high school prom. LOL Taylor

I wasn't sure how convincing I was until I went out a few weeks ago with a group of my male gay friends. One of the hetro women their thought I was the guy one of the other lads had pulled the week before it made me feel great!! It does depend what I'm wearing though. If Ive got my fav shirt on and Im binding I look more convincin. My boobs are a dead give away and if they aren't bound well I've got no chance lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    Curses. xP Still, can't be helped I guess. Which is why I take my time in telling anyone I'm genetically female. The more time they know me as a guy, the more likely they will continue to think of me that way.

Like some friends of mine that I met from the net. They assumed I was male and I didn't 'correct' them. Then when I met them in RL, chest unbound, and situation stupidly unexplained, they thought I was a guy, and didn't notice for hours. If they even noticed, they still use male pronouns in referrence to me. YAY.

And yeah, the chest thing is such an issue. At a glance I get read as a man, but then as soon as they see my chest it becomes slightly awkward for the both of us. Awkward for them because they're there saying things like, "Man...woman?...guy...uuuuuhhhh," and awkward for me because I don't want to say I'm female because I'm not, but if my chest is unbound (which it usually is, it's too damn big) then I don't feel that I can tell them I'm male. So whoever's observant enough to figure it out gets left hanging. Poor *******s.
    Have you ever bought a minimizer bra? I used to wear them in middle school cause I developed my full chest size like, right then and no one else had, so felt self concious I don't remember them being uncomfortable at all, though I don't know how much smaller they make em seem. But hey, you should try them, better then nothing right?
    I'm tgirl74's girlfriend

I just had to say this for the sake of saying this. Beth you are a hottie!!!

Taylor