Thread: Pain in the chest from estrodiol

KristinVanHorn

Pain in the chest from estrodiol

I've been taking estrodiol for a few weeks now and I have this constant pain in the center of my chest. It goes away if I stop the hormones My doctor has cleared me of any heart problems. Has anyone else had this problem with female hormones?

~~Post Modern Romantic~~ KewTnCurvy GG's Avatar
    I'm a GG and I recently had pains in me legs which made me way nervous. So I stopped the birthcontrol pills. I'm going to talk with me doc when I have me annual next month and let her know. I'll say this to you, pain is never normal. K?

hugs
    kew
    ~Dear Dorothy,
    Hate Oz, took the shoes, find your own way home.
    Toto~

pain in the nipps

Quote Originally Posted by KewTnCurvy
    I'll say this to you, pain is never normal.
    unless it's a pain in the nipples. That is normal. ...................but I don't suppose your nipples are in the centre of your chest.
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

Oh dear!

That does not sound like a good thing at all. There is only one of you -- please take care and see your doctor, hon.
    Chrissy

Having a Bubblegum Crisis Priss's Avatar
    While I have had a few odd chest pains, I do not know that they are or have been related to hormone therapy. I have mentioned it to my doctor in the past and he advised me to take ibuprophen for it... What I experience now and then seems to be a rather shallow, light pain, more of an odd discomfort really. My stress level at the time does not seem to matter, as I can experience it with little stress at all... So far, it has not bothered me enough to more than mention it to my doctor, if it does however I will bring it up again. Oh, I did have him do a chest X-Ray, that turned up nothing...

Hormone therapy is a risky thing to be doing to one's self, so if you're really concerned, make sure that your doctor knows that and if necessary go for a second opinion. It's your heart afterall...
    Priss

I want to live bravely and love without fear.
    I want always to feel the wings of grace near.

We all will be Christed when we hear ourselves say...
    We are that to which we pray...
    Jewel

Back in the late 70's or early 80', I tried a few of my wife's birth control pills, and they caused a chest pain in the center of my chest also. Never had it checked though, and all current checks of my heart are ok.

DonnaT

Julie
    Quote Originally Posted by KristinVanHorn
    I've been taking estrodiol for a few weeks now and I have this constant pain in the center of my chest. It goes away if I stop the hormones My doctor has cleared me of any heart problems. Has anyone else had this problem with female hormones?
    Having been on the hormones for a few weeks it wouldn't be out of order for your doctor to check to see how things are going and for you to tell him/her everything.

Welcome Donna T, it's good to see you here. I enjoy your posts at another place.

JJ

Amelie
    OH,,NO Donna T,, There goes the neighborhood. Lol

Welcome Donna

Amelie

Tried to stay quiet, but you know me . . .

KristinVanHorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie J
    Having been on the hormones for a few weeks it wouldn't be out of order for your doctor to check to see how things are going and for you to tell him/her everything.

Welcome Donna T, it's good to see you here. I enjoy your posts at another place.

JJ
    Well I've been to the doctor and no heart problems but he doesn't seem to know what the problem is. I tend to think it could be from fluid acculmilation since estrogen causes fluid retention.

Over the years I've had a few chest pain incidents. Went through
    all the heart related test and checked out fine. The problem for
    me was common problem related to a sprain in the chest area. Come
    to find out that it is a rather common thing and stretching can
    cause it to flair. Also water retention can to. If the doc ran
    test and nothing with the ticker is suspected your probably ok.
    Loven life
    Danielle

Are you under a doctors care if not you could be in trouble Please see a Doctor.
    As I said in my other note I am very lucky to have a doc for my SO, and am currently in transformation.
    Fun Being a GIRL

Quote Originally Posted by crispy
    unless it's a pain in the nipples. That is normal. ...................but I don't suppose your nipples are in the centre of your chest.
    18 days on Estradiol patches 100mcg and I have the most wonderful itching and aching in my nipples. I feel like I'm about to blossom. Can't stop touching them.
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]