Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much money do you spend

How much money do you spend

How much money do you spend on your cding needs? When buying clothes do you shop the thrift shops, or do you hit the department stores. Also, what about makeup, do you by the less expensive drug store brands or do you buy more expensive brands from the larger stores? I'm afraid my spending goes a little overboard at times. I try to budget myself, but when we girls see a sale, watch out.
    Toenails + Nail Polish = 1 Very Happy Girl

Clothes I buy retail. Makeup is usually Maybelline or Revlon. Foundation I get from Glamour Boutique 'cause their new stuff covers that darn shadow (gotta get laz'ed). For me the cheaper makeups either don't cover or don't last. Cover Girl doesn't Cover boy. I spend a few hundred a month. Don't even ask about my "going out" allowance. I get out about 3-4 nights per week. Less than 2 I get cranky. If I don't get out at all I'm looking at ammo for going postal.

Platinum Member
    wow thats a scary one......i shop i meen i shop all the time..and just abought every were too...how much do i spend ???? i have no idear i impulse shop ...to be on the safe side i would say a lot.....

All and all just a guess about $30 t0 $40 a week. Figure I'm shopping for something about every other work day. I spent over $60 this week. Sometimes more, some times less but on average.... Sounds about like $1,500 to $2,000 a year to me. WOW

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

hillbilly T-girl-hussy
    Its about like my gasoline habit for my 10 cyl. truck,just need more pretty things than some do.

A lot. Last month was REALLY expensive because I bought two pairs of eyeglasses and a whole replacement set of MAC makeup. Month before that it was wigs. The next three months I will be seriously revamping Erica's wardrobe. The skirts that look pretty on camera are a bit short for walking around, etc. Plus I want to make the changeover to buying a few really nice pieces that really suit me (and that it makes sense to have professionally altered) than a zillion things on a hit or miss basis.

Oh yeah. I have to pay for the storage locker. Figure $700-$1000 per month all told. Still cheaper than a "midlife crisis" car...

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

No You're Not
    Either I get it on sale or off eBay or from the thrift store, I'm relatively poor.

I try to control it, which is ironic, because non femme, I just Do Not shop! probably over $2,000 last year. Wenda has about 30 pairs of foot wear, and just bought 2 more on eBay. The guy has 5, counting worn out set of Reeboks. Hard to really rationalize or understand. If we spent Wenda's budget on the guy, he would look pretty good.

I do not want to discuss this. I really don't. You're making me feel very guilty right now. Actually, your thread has depressed me and when I get depressed the only thing that makes me feel better is to go shopping. See what you have done now, do you?

Well, I'm off to the mall.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

ol' Transgendisaurus Mandy Salamander's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]i'm with wendy 'n jennaie on this one,,,,, i don't keep track, i don't really even want t' know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, oh!BTW i have over 120 pr. of shoes,,, question answered???[/SIZE]

I spend money like a drunken sailor. Mostly it's because I have a tendency to startto plan an outfit for going out on the weekend, and then realize that I have a closet full of clothes and still have nothing to wear...so it's off to the mall!

The one good thing is that I'm a size 11 shoe, so my shoe options are limited. If I wore a size 10, things would be bad...very bad.

Not to mention that girlie things are EXPENSIVE. Good quality makeup, trendy accessories, new purses, sunglasses...it's not cheap being a girl. Makes me wonder sometimes how the GGs can afford it. I spend a ton being a girl 1-2 days a week. I can't imagine how much I'd spend if I was full time.

I need a Sugar Daddy...
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Being self employed I sometimes find myself with some free time on my hands, and it seems that at these times Phyliss shows up in my truck and I occassionally have to have an arguement with her about NOT spending money on something.
    Most of the time she wins. While it doesn't seem like much Phyliss spends about $100 a month.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

Spending

Lela, You know the routine. When you get your paycheck, your wife says "gimme". I spend way too much on feminine stuff but that's my guy side talking. Women were born to shop (as the T-shirts say), so enjoy it. I know I do. Take care, Ericka

Banned Read only Vicky_Scotland's Avatar
    Does far too much cover it...........:GE:

Quite alot really but i do look around the shops for bargains and sales i also go to Charity shops here in the UK there seams to be loads of them and i have found some really good clothes there at a fraction of the cost and helping charity as well always makes me feel even better.
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]Jenny ~ x ~

My Group on Yahoo

I also spend a lot on my "femme" things...

While I hate going to buy men's clothes, I can spend hours in women department stores. I don't have the nerves to go there dressed "en femme". I don't care what the people think when they see me looking for skirts, dresses, blouses or women underwear. I'm pretty sure the sale attendants know very well these are for me: the sizes are obviously mine...

I also buy a lot of beauty products. And whow, they aren't cheap...

Shoes are another expensive item on my list...

But I've stopped buying booze since I'm on a severe diet... So I've decided to make up for this spending as much money on women clothes and makeup...

Love.

Eugenie

As much as I can afford to spend! But not nearly as much as I would like to.

Smile

I use eBay, and several online stores. Am not scared to go into town, can never find anything I like or in my size. I get it when I can afford it as I'm on a limited budget. I like eBay cos you can get what you need and not pay too much for it.

Hugs Anna x
    [SIZE="3"]I need to be on the outside, who I am on the inside[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know[/SIZE]

Lost In Victoria'sSecret TGKrissyCD's Avatar
    Guilty as charged. "Charge It", please! Say, this thread is not IRS oriented is it? Shop til I drop appears to be my motto. However, I do admit to browsing the Factory Outlet Mall stores. The seconds are as good as the prime if you look them over. The first line are great to, but its a shame the labels are cut off. I go to one store so often the sales people point out the latest items to come in stock.

I try not to spend too much

I try not to spend too much, as I don't want to be going in to debt over some pretty clothes!

I get most of my clothing at Winners, which is good because I can usually find fairly nice things for cheap. I try not to spend more than $100 per trip, and I can usually stick to that pretty well... I also do a little shopping at thrift stores like Valu Village (esp. for shoes), and I have some luck with that, too.

I feel bad if I spend more on women's clothes than men's - I mean, I spend 95% of my time wearing men's clothes, so I should probably be spending 95% of my clothing budget there. I doubt that's what the proportion is, though!

Haley Pink~

Hmmmmm$

I have not even thought about that much. Then when I do it's usually thoughts of what outfits I have boughten for TriEss meetings. It's just a thing I do for me. My Mother In Law always said to us " Don't spend in a month more than one days pay on party or play time things". You know She's correct in that and it's always worked for me. My Mother in Law is a retired CPA and supported Herself 2 kids and her Husband " which was a poor dirt farmer ". Many times it was said if She had not have worked they might not have made it. So I don't spend more than one days pay a month on things for myself. That includes fishing equipment, hunting gear, CDing etc.

Now that I'm retired the amount will go down a little but is still pretty good as I will get a nice pension and SSD. But still to figure it out one days pay a month might translate into a good sum over a year. If I spend it all on CDing.

Haley P. Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by lela
    How much money do you spend on your cding needs? When buying clothes do you shop the thrift shops, or do you hit the department stores. Also, what about makeup, do you by the less expensive drug store brands or do you buy more expensive brands from the larger stores? I'm afraid my spending goes a little overboard at times. I try to budget myself, but when we girls see a sale, watch out.
    About $20 to 25$ at wal-mart

surely we should be spending every penny on girly things - I know I do and consequently look like a complete tramp in my mens clothes ( tatters and rags haha )

Depends on who you ask, the wife complains a little( that I buy lingerie for my self and never for her) Me not enough.

Kymmie

I am a closet crossdresser.But with hair removal,storage locker etc,my total expenditures were just under $6,700.00 last year. If I could ever get the courage to shop in public the investment would increase ,especially as I buy expensive male clothing. I thought about hiring a shopping service but have not yet made that commitment.