Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Girl clothes v. Boy clothes

Girl clothes v. Boy clothes

Hey, reading the answers from the other thread I started here, something occured to me. While us MTF girls wear female clothes because we love it, it seems the FTM boys wear male clothes because they don't like female clothes (as opposed to getting a thrill from the boys clothes themselves.)

I know that doesn't apply to all you boys, but it that largely true?

This girl needs to know!

Platinum Member
    no thrill here.........i identify as male!

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie16
    While us MTF girls wear female clothes because we love it, it seems the FTM boys wear male clothes because they don't like female clothes (as opposed to getting a thrill from the boys clothes themselves.)
    I know that doesn't apply to all you boys, but it that largely true?
    I'm probably the exception (or at least in the minority), but I really do like boys clothes - especially when a shirt fits just right and I LOVE ties. If I weren't so fond of boys clothes and just hated girls clothes, I'd probably just dress in a gender-neutral way. I'm always complimenting male co-workers and friends on their clothes, shoes, etc. and trying to find out where they got them. But then I've always been very interested in fashion. When I'm casual I mostly dress for comfort (but everything is coordinated), but when I'm going out, I want to look good.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex
    I'm probably the exception (or at least in the minority), but I really do like boys clothes - especially when a shirt fits just right and I LOVE ties. If I weren't so fond of boys clothes and just hated girls clothes, I'd probably just dress in a gender-neutral way. I'm always complimenting male co-workers and friends on their clothes, shoes, etc. and trying to find out where they got them. But then I've always been very interested in fashion. When I'm casual I mostly dress for comfort (but everything is coordinated), but when I'm going out, I want to look good.
    ok seeing as you put it that way...........thats the way i feel i wear ties almost all the time on the night out! i love feeling dapper and gentlemanly with the attire im wearing!!! girls clothes urgghhhh!!!

well i find clothes are clothes i just open the wardrobe and pic whatever is closest to me as there all male clothes but im not picky in what i wear most of the things i wear are jeans and t shirts i only wear smart for wedding and going out some where special (thats not often)
    so bascily im a scruffy git

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    I feel awkward in female clothes. In male clothes I feel I can take on anything I need to do and win.

Quote Originally Posted by mistunderstood
    I feel awkward in female clothes. In male clothes I feel I can take on anything I need to do and win.
    Can't argue with you about that Hon., but just because I'm a M T F CDer doesn't mean I'm a shrinking violet myself. I can kick some serious anus if necessary and have already done so as Ericka. Ain't afraid to be myself by any means. Take care, Ericka

It's a kaleidescope for me. I can sometimes be thrilled about dressing as a boy, and I can be just as thrilled about life in women's clothing, either feeling handsome or pretty is just amazing. On the other side, most of the time it's just "give me clothing" when I stumble around in the morning trying not to wear everything inside out. And then sometimes both can just be such a task, trying to be uber male or female is just a painful task and I want to wear a paper bag.

depends on the mood I guess.
    Two monks were watching a flag flapping in the wind. One said to the other, "The flag is moving."
    The other replied, "The wind is moving."
    Huineng overheard this. He said, "Not the flag, not the wind; mind is moving."

Hmm. Well, I suppose you would know about men's clothes being a little dull. It's hard to spice it up with men's stuff, considering that there is much less extravagence in what they wear. And that some women's wear is notoriously uncomfy.

I do get a thrill from wearing nicish men's stuff. Sometimes I just like to feel handsome and good looking. Sometimes I like to go to clothing stores with my girlfriend and just try on nice things. I mean, it's hard to dress to impress when you have a five to say, ten inch problem stuck to your chest. The life of a FtM is filled with sweaters and baggy jackets.

If I can pull off something manly and sexy, well, then I do get a thrill.

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    agreed. i feel spiffy in suits and ties-- they just put me in a good mood. I do get a thrill out of some things, but mostly clothes are just mundane.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Platinum Member
    They say 'its the clothes make a man' dont they???

Interesting point Leslie.

I had not thought of something like this but upon reflection it does make sense!

It is worth exploring further.

Jan

Clothes make the person

Hi Lex, I think you are pretty cool just the way you are. I,personally don't feel inferior wearing women's clothes but that's just me. I'm the same person regardless as Richard or Ericka no matter what I choose to look like, but then again, I have a different outlook than most M T F CD's. Take care, Ericka

Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    Well Leslie, I think that because we can wear clothes made for either gender and be more or less socially accepted, those who love mens clothes can jst wear them, and they aren't necessarily crossdressers. But with most of the people who identify as FtM, the clothes are a tool used to express who we are. So that's probably why you don't see many FtMs dressing purely for the love of mens clothes.
    Personally, womens clothes make me feel uncomfortable and inferior, mens clothes make me feel comfortable and natural, and just me.
    always thoughtful! You know, it makes sense. Males don't have fun dressing, they don't love dressing well, its just them. So FTMs are the same, I'm thinking. Females tend to have fun dressing up, and so MTFs have fun too. Stereotypes, but makes sense...

Thanks Erika.
    Haha, no suprises that a MtF doesn't feel inferior in womens clothes. xP

Also, I think I should probably point out to anyone, that I don't feel inferior in womens clothes because I think women are inferior. Thought I should point that out, because looking back it seemed like a sexist sort of thing to say. Anyway, I feel inferior in women's clothes because whenever I wear them it is a result of being made to wear them and having to submit to what someone thinks I HAVE to wear makes me feel inferior. And frustrated and generally angsty.
    BTW, I never think women are inferior when they dress up. The power it gives them to play with guys minds! I should know -- I've seen it from both sides!

Well put Lex

I understand why you feel the way you do about female clothing. No one should have to be forced to do something they don't want to. I fought for our freedom of choice in the Army. I find myself in sort of a quandry now though. I've always felt that expressing my female self would give me a great deal of freedom to be who I am. Everyone it seems, even the TG community seeks to have you fill some kind of mold. Hard to explain. Most F T M CD's want you to act ladylike and if you don't it threatens them maybe?Peer pressure maybe? I dunno. Yikes! Sometimes I think I went from the frying pan into the fire. I was with a few groups but broke away because I just gotta be myself. That's the reason I decided to develop my femme self alone so I can BE myself and not some one else's idea of who I should be, M T F CD's notwithstanding. Yeah, I'm a maverick maybe but I feel freer for it. That's why I'm glad to meet you guys because you are not afraid to be yourselves. Have a good one, Ericka

Sorry, wrong phrase

Sorry Lex, I meant to say most M T F CD's want you to act ladylike. These abbreviations get confusing sometimes, plus I ain't the best typist in the world. Hey , I'm blonde, whadda ya want? Ericka

Figuring myself out

Yeah Lex, I agree about the beauty thing myself. That's the whole idea about developing myself as a person(as myself). I went to a Renaissance (TG org) meeting once and they watched a video on deportment ("walking like a woman"). I said: "deport who to where?--you gotta be kiddin'!" How lame is that, walking with a broom or a book on your head? I walk the way I want to. My vocabularly is, shall we say less than ladylike?(another reason my sisters get upset with me) Anyway, my point is act the way you feel. You guys have the gonads to be who you are and that's why I admire you so much. Take care, Ericka

Personally, womens clothes make me feel uncomfortable and inferior, mens clothes make me feel comfortable and natural, and just me.
    I feel that way about womans clothes I feel confident and totally free to be myself, I feel alive and just all together and at ease you might say.

mens clothes are boring, ugly, and I hate being called handsome god I hate it.
    shaving sucks to.

By the way I'm Jessica I hope???

Platinum Member
    I love being called handsome. xD It's happened a couple of times before and it rocks.
    yeah i got called 'a good looking guy' by one of the GG's here and i was grinning all day lol, ive not had 'handsome' yet but i did get 'sexy' the other day so i guess thats better lol

Queen of the Vegetomboys NightFox87's Avatar
    I prefer men's clothes because I find that they're more comfortable and actually fit. When I wear women's pants, they slide down my butt and it's so annoying. Women's shirts are also really tight, so I prefer men' shirts as well. Besides, men's clothes look cooler.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFox87
    I prefer men's clothes because I find that they're more comfortable and actually fit. When I wear women's pants, they slide down my butt and it's so annoying. Women's shirts are also really tight, so I prefer men' shirts as well. Besides, men's clothes look cooler.
    welcome Nightfox good to have another FTM about the place (if thats how you define yourself), make a into thread tell us a bit about yourself when you can!

Welcome to the forum, NightFox!
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Queen of the Vegetomboys NightFox87's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kells
    welcome Nightfox good to have another FTM about the place (if thats how you define yourself), make a into thread tell us a bit about yourself when you can!
    I actually identify more as a tomboy than an FTM.

I find that my desire to dress has a lot to do with what sort of mood I am in. In some ways I think that my motivations for crossdressing are a lot more similar to the MTF crossdressers who only identify as crossdressers. Dressing head-to-toe as a guy is relaxing and fun.

I don't always dress and I don't feel uncomfortable in all girls clothes. Well, I'm not really big on skirts (or shorts for that matter), and I've never liked dresses. Still I think the androgenous look is the most fun - I just wish I could pull it off better.

But then it does change a lot. There are times where I feel like I really would like to be a guy, times I don't care either way, and times I am glad I am a girl.