Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Questions

Crazy Questions

Here I go with my curiosity again but, I was wondering when it comes to products like shampoo, deodorant, shaving cream etc. what do you use? Is it something that is considered designed for use by a man, woman, or sort of gender neutral?
    For example deodorants would you use Right Guard, Degree, or Dove?
    Vampires are real, just not how you picture them to be.

For hair products I'm a big snob, I use only salon brand products that are mostly gender ambiguous. They specialize in hair type.

Deodorant: I can't wear any men's deodorants because even if they are unscented they still smell a bit like something really awkward. That smell makes me really ill, and all the other overpowering scents also make me really sick, so I end up wearing unscented women's deodorant. My favourite brand is addidas cause I am a consumer *****.

If it weren't for the smell thing though, I would wear men's deodorant on man days and women's deodorant on women days. Staying within the same brand. My shampoo smells like cake...I wouldn't give that up even if I were a bear.
    Two monks were watching a flag flapping in the wind. One said to the other, "The flag is moving."
    The other replied, "The wind is moving."
    Huineng overheard this. He said, "Not the flag, not the wind; mind is moving."

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    I use Mens deoderant, and any shampoo or body wash.

Quote Originally Posted by ladymoonserpent
    when it comes to products like shampoo, deodorant, shaving cream etc. what do you use? Is it something that is considered designed for use by a man, woman, or sort of gender neutral?
    Good question. I tend to use things based on results more than on whether it's marketed toward a specific gender, since I think they usually work about the same and the only difference is usually the scent. So, while I usually use men's deodorant (Mitchum) and shaving cream, and a gender-neutral shampoo, I have been known to use products marketed to females too. As long as it works and doesn't smell girly, I'll use it.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I use men's Speed stick. If you want to smell manlier, I might suggest deoderant to be a key in this. Never use Dove, or any sweet or baby powder sented stuff. That's my motto, anyhoo.

Shapoo is a fairly ambiguous thing. Again, try not using ones with a very strong sweet sent. For the sake of your hair not falling out, no frutiss or herbal essences. I like Dove shapoo, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by sparro
    For the sake of your hair not falling out, no frutiss or herbal essences. I like Dove shapoo, actually.
    Herbal essences is satan, you may aswell use Tide with bleach.

oooo, I'm such a snob.
    Two monks were watching a flag flapping in the wind. One said to the other, "The flag is moving."

Banned Read only
    Speaking from a lifetime of experience.
    If you really want to smell like a guy do not use a deodorant.
    Comparing deodorants is very "girly".
    What next?
    Panties?

Quote Originally Posted by Angela XX
    Speaking from a lifetime of experience.
    If you really want to smell like a guy do not use a deodorant.
    Well, there's a difference between smelling like a guy and having people stay ten feet away from you. I like men who smell like men, but not men that stink. And trust me, this guy needs to use deodorant.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Comparing deodorants is very "girly".
    What next?
    Panties?
    So your putting genders into a box, now? Ladies compare things like deodorant and no self respecting man would ever do that?
    Can't we get to now each others personal preferences about something, it's a forum to share information not to pack each other into stereotypes.

WHAT??? NANI!?

Where is this negativity coming from? This forum is MEANT for comparing knowledge. What is the point of having a forum about transitioning if you don't openly ask questions about it?

Wearing deoderant isn't sissy or girly. I've not met a man who doesn't at least MOSTLY wear it.

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    I don't really pay attention to what I use. I do use mens deoderant, but switch brands with every stick. As long as it smells alright to me I don't care.
    Shampoos and stuff-- my hair is really finicky so I've gotta use something moisturising otherwise my scalp bleeds. Mens shampoos don't usually offer extra conditioning or whatnot-- I've taken a liking to Aussie though, which is pretty well neutral, as far as I can tell.
    Soaps, I prefer bar soap which is neutral, but I'm also fond of the Old Spice bodywash.
    Shaving creme-- I use whatever my brother uses.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

You see, wearing the opposite sex deodorants is a tricky thing. Most of them contain chemicals, that react with either female or male body secretions or prevent certain cells from secreting the sweat. So it is better to scentless deodorants for your biological sex and use other odors for your gender

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by sparro
    WHAT??? NANI!?

Where is this negativity coming from? This forum is MEANT for comparing knowledge. What is the point of having a forum about transitioning if you don't openly ask questions about it?

Wearing deoderant isn't sissy or girly. I've not met a man who doesn't at least MOSTLY wear it.
    "Comparing knowlege"
    I'm with you 100% on that.
    The freedom to compare knowlege is one of the rights that I believe the suppresion of could justify violence.
    In a discussion about wearing deodarant surely not wearing deodarant is a valid point?
    The guys I know who wear deodarant usually do so to mask body odour.
    This is always unsuccessfull.
    Ah there's nothing quite like the aroma of stale sweat mixed with "Brut" or "Old Spice" or whatever.
    "Big Boy" or "Giant Penis" now those would be best sellers!
    (Any marketing execs. please feel free).
    Me ?
    I just have a shower in the morning using my unscented soap!

I don't use soap, only noxzema deep cleansing cream for deodorant I use degree sheer powder. For perfume l'EFFLEUR by cotty and PROMESSE
    Life's good when you love being who you are !
    and shopping

Love danadoll

Smile Great thread guys~

Quote Originally Posted by ladymoonserpent
    Here I go with my curiosity again but, I was wondering when it comes to products like shampoo, deodorant, shaving cream etc. what do you use? Is it something that is considered designed for use by a man, woman, or sort of gender neutral?
    For example deodorants would you use Right Guard, Degree, or Dove?
    Evening guys,
    Yep, I'm lurking again.

ladymoonserpent~I think this thread is a great one since it addresses things I hadn't considered before reading it. I love it when someone makes me think about new things. (((hugs)))

Platinum Member
    lynx shower gel, lynx deodorant, mens shampoo and conditioner

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Yeah, it is painful and kinda weird. My father's got it too-- apparently a mild psoriasis localised to the scalp. Very weird.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas
    apparently a mild psoriasis localised to the scalp. Very weird.
    i have psoriasis which is only localised to the scalp!, on the odd and i mean very odd occasion i will get it on my chest but thats it

i have psoriasis on my legs back arms and feet it bleeds and hurts alot i take strod cream for it and it isent nice

as for deodrent i just use whatevers in the bathroom cabenet of me brothers lol im not picky
    Last edited by Adam; 05-02-2006 at 06:42 PM.

Platinum Member
    if that cream doesnt work Adam............request from your docs that they give u dovonex cream to apply after showers and aqueous cream to wash in

Talking crazy answers

I have used Jergens lotion with no noticable difference to my skin. I use Lady speed stick for deodorant. Old Spice is too strong and masculine. I haven't tried lady's perfumes yet. Have to work on that one.

Gennee
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Gender Undecided Fainne the King's Avatar
    I wear Degree deodorant, a fairly neutral smell. I use whatever soap, usually Dove, and some herbal seaweed shampoo. And men's shaving cream, cause it's so much cheaper. It smells like Grandpa, though.
    I tried to be a boy
    tried to be a girl
    tried to be a mess
    tried to be the best
    I guess I did it wrong
    -Madonna

Quote Originally Posted by Fainne the King
    And men's shaving cream, cause it's so much cheaper. It smells like Grandpa, though.
    Now that you mention it, I use an after-shave that reminds me of my Grandpa.

BTW Fainne, your new avatar looks like a blonder version of Abraxas - you could be brothers.

"Comparing knowlege"
    I'm with you 100% on that.
    The freedom to compare knowlege is one of the rights that I believe the suppresion of could justify violence.
    In a discussion about wearing deodarant surely not wearing deodarant is a valid point?

The only reason I said that is because you said that comparing hygenic products was too female. If you want to join the conversation, though, then of course your opinion about sed products (or the absense of them) are welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex
    BTW Fainne, your new avatar looks like a blonder version of Abraxas - you could be brothers.
    Agreed
    At the first glance I thought he WAS Abraxas.
    Well, I never use any parfume. Tried Veet hair removing soap, but it hurt a bit, so i returned back to rasors...