Thread: I think my Mother Suspects

Sweet Southern Girl looki Alicia_lynn419's Avatar

I think my Mother Suspects

I have recently been divorced, and living with my parents for the time being... I think that over the past 10 months, my mother has some suspicions about me (and CDing). there have been too many times she has been trying to be helpful, assisting me with my laundry, and she has had to have seen some things that would catch her eye...

Still.. she has not confronted me. i am not willing to let the cat out of the bag just yet, but if she does ask, I will tell her the truth...

Any thoughts on this?

Only confess if it will make you happy. Otherwise no-one needs to know.

Also....why did you post this question twice? Aren't GGs allowed to answer in here now?

I don't know that she suspects just because she wants to help with the laundry. Some mothers are just like that, and your being home may feel like old times, where she did your laundry all the time. Maybe she just feels useful by helping.

So, ask her why she likes to help with it, since you are capable of doing it yourself.

However, it feels like to me that you want to come out to her, to have someone to talk to close to you.

I let my mother see a picture of me. She didn't rcognize me and I even had to tell her several times it was me before she believed it. She's accepted it and we can talk about it with no problems.
    DonnaT

Hi Alicia

Well you answer your own question when you say "if she ask, I will tell her the truth."

There are two ways to look at this...number one you are 39 years old, by no means are you a "child", even though you are her child. So techinically I would like to think at age 39 we can pretty much damn do as we please. Parents may not approve or udderstand the things we do, but ultimatly you are an adult who is capable of making and living your life how ever you choose to.

The other way to look at this is you are a child having to live with your parents. I am betting you are choosing this over renting a place because you either {a} can't afford one right now {b} saving up to move out and this is helping you save. If you look at it that way, well you are living back under their or her rule in a manner of speaking.

You know your Mom better than any of us. Only you know what her possible reaction might be. I think if she had an idea this was happening she obviously does not care what you do behind closed doors and that may be why she has yet to confront you. Alot of Mom's will equate this if they have no prior knowledge of cd issues with this being some part of your private/sexual time. And what Mom wants the lowdown on her how son masterbates?....none of us I can tell ya that. I can't imagine any parent wanting to know anything about that.

I would carry on as usual, but spare your Mom if you can. I am sure she is sad that you are divorced, why add salt on a wound if there is one? At the youngest she is 60 and this might be more than she needs to know about....unless you plan on living full time or have a tg social at your her house I say don't press the issue. And also...wash your girly stuff separatly. That will prevent this from happenign again....easy enough......unless you are looking to just offload this on her....but isn't that what this forum is for?

Okay...that is my thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia_lynn419
    I have recently been divorced, and living with my parents for the time being... I think that over the past 10 months, my mother has some suspicions about me (and CDing). there have been too many times she has been trying to be helpful, assisting me with my laundry, and she has had to have seen some things that would catch her eye...

Still.. she has not confronted me. i am not willing to let the cat out of the bag just yet, but if she does ask, I will tell her the truth...

Any thoughts on this?

excellent answer by KathyGG as always,and boy doesn't she look fabulous in her avatar.

louise

[SIZE=3]Hiya Alicia. I guess it comes down to two things.

1 - 'If she asks, I will tell her the truth.' Yep, best option in that case.

2 - Are you comfortable within yourself to reveal to Mum that you're a crossdresser if she DOESN'T ask?

Unless you're very worried about being 'discovered' on a daily basis, i'd leave things as they are.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

After consulting with my wife, I told my mom a couple of years ago. When she would call on a Saturday night and my wife told her I was "out" she would get a little nosey and we just thought it would be easier. While she wasn't quite as accepting as I thought she'd be, she wasn't shocked, and it is easier for my wife, as she has someone to talk to about the girl side of me. While not exactly the same situation, if I had to do it all over again, I'd probably tell, so I guess that's what I'm recommending for you, but then again, only you know your mother and your situation. Hope that helps.

Told my mom

Alicia, Hi I told my mom when she suspected even dressed in front of her a few times she doesn't like it so I didn't dress in front of her anymore well she didn't disown me she still loves me the same way as before only difference is she knows i wear womans clothes now i'm not telling you to tell your mom by any means just letting you know how mine reacted to the news in fact my brother and dad know as well the only one who doesn't know i'm still dressing is my gf she knows i did it before we met and thinks i've stopped. Just be gentle if you tell her your secret you never know she might accept it or maybe she'll just treat you the same no matter what. Could be she might freak out on you one never knows how anyone will react to news of this magnitude tread softly hun ttfn
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

[SIZE=4]I think I would tell her the truth but"Only if she asks" and even then only if the question really implies that she suspects something about your crossdressing. After all would you be able to cope with lying to your mother?[/SIZE]

mom knows every thing that goes on in her house

She probably suspects and is watching to confirm. I also live with my mom because of health issues. She was the first person I told. It did not upset her, but she did not want her freinds to find out. We have been shopping for clothes together. She likes shopping for female attire. I was worried at first but, she assured me that she was OK with it. She also told that she loved me
    and to be myself. I think we are much closer now.
    Love and best wishes,

Melissa Ann

I gotta agree with Kathy and the others.
    If she asks tell her the truth, for crying out tears don't lie to her. She is your mother and most likely knows already.
    Again, like has been said before, I wouldn't force it on her.