Thread: Anyone to try on a wedding dress....?

Anyone to try on a wedding dress....?

Hi Girls,

Well I'm still at it. This time I wrote to 6 relatively local wedding dress salons asking whether they would accommodate me trying on wedding dresses (I wrote in male mode). All but one have been positive in their response (tha one hasn't replied yet), and are more than happy for me to have an appointment to go and try on a selection of dresses.

I know business is business but I'm still staggered.....

The moral of all this - if in doubt ask, you will be surprised!

Em

I have a friend who lives nearby and she has this sweet wedding dress!!
    And we both wear the same size and damn is it heavy!!! Never did try on one in the store!!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/karren...=/457a&.src=ph

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 10-31-2006 at 12:44 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Emma,

Wow! this is a suprise to me and I can see why you're staggered. I know intellectually it doesn't matter, and shouldn't matter, but in the real world things aren't always that simple.

So now what?....are you going to try before you buy? If so do you think they'll let you take pictures? Outings with pics are much more fun.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Only in my dreams. I have always wanted to wear a wedding gown but haver yet to do so. You have more courage than I do just to contact the shops and inquire about it. Sigh!!!!

Off With Her Head

Oh wedding gowns are so pas-say, now a Marie Antoinette gown I'd try that number on in a flash. LOL

PS Karen you should be on top of a cake you look so good in your pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawren
    Only in my dreams. I have always wanted to wear a wedding gown but haver yet to do so. You have more courage than I do just to contact the shops and inquire about it. Sigh!!!!

Buy one on ebay then, it's easy and they often sell very cheaply.

I have a couple that would have cost around £500 ($800) each that I have bought for around $70 .....excellent condition worn once for a few hours

When you get it, if you don't like it or it doesn't fit then sell it on ebay again.

Di xx

Wedding gown

Bought one myself a couple of years ago(during one of my "mad" moments). I tried it on once and it looks nice. As far as really using it, well I'll probably figure out something. Wedding are so blamed expensive you know. EKR

The better to keep you there

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton
    I have a friend who lives nearby and she has this sweet wedding dress!!
    And we both wear the same size and damn is it heavy!!!
    Methinks they design wedding dresses to be heavy and hard to maneuver in so the bride can't easily run away when she realizes what's she's about to do Just my opinion donut ya know?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wedding dresses are now on sale in Asda (Walmart) .. VERY cheap but look ok ,,
    "The Greatest Thing in all the world
    Is to Love ........ and to Be Loved in return."

Heavy dress

Quote Originally Posted by Honey Lynn
    Methinks they design wedding dresses to be heavy and hard to maneuver in so the bride can't easily run away when she realizes what's she's about to do Just my opinion donut ya know?
    My wife got me on that one too(gotta give her credit). On our wedding night when we went back to the apartment, she said wait I have to go upstairs. Came back down in her nightie so she wouldn't have to lug that heavy thing around. Should have known right then that she was going to run the show. LOL. Gotta love it Kay

Smile wedding dress

yes I have in varies wedding shops. It was awsome being able to try on a wedding gown. no problem, was the ultimate gown or dress for us M/F dresser. plus I wore it out for holloween & won many contest donna1391

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    The vast majority of responses will be positive due to discrimination being illegal and stores need the business.

Yes, I have tried on Wedding Dresses. I just sold most of my massive collection of prom and wedding dresses this past week. I didn't have room for them of other belongings in the move I am preparing for, relocating out of state.

~Charlie

Karren is right...they are heavy...but nice though
    Being a bridesmaid is fun too though
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Maryanntv; 05-08-2006 at 06:22 AM.

I am Woman on the Podium chantelle's Avatar
    This is the dream of all us girls to have a wedding dress as part of our own
    wardrobe. Yet if u were to ask if I have one then I would have to lie. There was this one time when in my distant past that I was married and she had a dress of immense silk and lace. Well it was nice to wear that and have my moment of happyness.

Sigh!
    Love
    chantelle.
    9 Different Actions to my Purpose of being Complete...

wedding dresses

I have two wedding gowns and about 10 bridesmaids gowns. I love to match long opera gloves with the dresses. The wedding boutiques have been very helpful and I have done many fitting for the dresses. Its the best. A little more expensive than off the rack but worth it.

I have tried on several at second hand and consignment shops. Wish I had a place to keep one.
    Susann_Gardener

Aspiring Member
    emma, good luck with that shop !

I've only tried on a wedding dress once, my aunt left her wedding dress at my parents years ago when I still lived there, and I tried it on. It isn't very manuvuerable for sure, and it was a tad small for me so I never zipped up the zipper in the back, but it felt nice for sure !

My wife is slightly taller than me and I have a slender build, so her wedding dress was a perfect fit, with breathing room to spare. Yes, girls, they ARE heavy but there is NOTHING like wearing a wedding dress.

Gown and Dress Lover Tiffany Anne 9954's Avatar

Wedding Gowns

Ever since I started crossdressing my most ultimate goal was to acquire a wedding gown and that happened in 1997 with the help of a cd friend I knew.
    This friend knew the owner of a small ladies boutique that had a bridal department in it.
    I bought a veil, petticoat and a silk flower bouquet to go along with the wedding gown. I felt like a kid in the candy store .
    My second wedding gown (new avatar pic) was bought last year with the help of a gg friend i got to know where I live here. she is understanding of my dressing and has seen me in different outfits.
    This second wedding gown was bought at a co-signment store which she knew the owner (she bought a lot of clothing there herself).

My wedding gowns are worn more than they're intended to be worn. I just love the feel of that satin on my body.

Don't be surprised if I plan to get another wedding gown in the future. I've seen a couple of cd's on the net who has a CLOSET full of wedding gowns.

I ENVY them

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    my ex gf was friends with a dress designer and when we went to pick up one of her costumes saw this wedding dress convinced her to borrow it.

Wedding 3.jpg
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Smile Wearing a wedding gown

A few years back I got to house sit at my sister in laws and since she is the same size a me in just about everything I manged to wear her wedding gown and all the trimmings for a lovely afternoon of wedded bliss. I also wore my wifes wedding dress once but that was when I was much thinner. compared to the two my sister in laws was much lighter and felt more feminine However a day in a dress is better then a no dress day

Pink Satin Sissy Pink Satin Sissy's Avatar
    I have one and it is the ultimate form of femminine expression.

I only wear it on special occasions.

Pink
    Pink Satin Sissy