Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pretty Boys????

Pretty Boys????

I was just wondering out loud here.....

As a test this week at work, I wore mascara everyday. A light coat of brown but it definately made my eye lashes pop, especially on the lower lashes!! So today I was in a meeting in the boardroom, in front of 25 peers and executives, I gave a 2 hour presentation with the mascara on!! Not one person said anything or even took a second glance. And during the meeting I noticed that many of the guys had great looking lashes!! And lips, some of the guys had better lips that most of the women in the room!! LOL

So do you think that its time that men can wear makeup? Not over the top, but subtle enough to bring out their good features? Just a random thought.....

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Karren, I have been following your many threads lately, and wow - you have been out there doing it! But I have to ask, aren't you worried at all? I mean, it almost seems as if you want to get caught. It wasn't that long ago that you had very serious troubles at home http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=15376 I mean, your wife was ready to leave you, and here you are dressing in the bathroom while she sleeps a few feet away, and now wearing makeup en drab at work. I see this escalating until you get caught......

Not trying to stop you, just concerned where this is leading?
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

While makeup would certainly enhance the appearence of most men ,I do not especially in a corporate environment believe that it would give the proper impression ,implied by the role that a man especially an executive must play. This is a good suggestion but ahead of it`s time.

Lip sticks are made for big gorgeous lips nothing else says sex appeal like nicely done lip color. I don't think men should do makeup unless they are cross gendered women do makeup to color their pale skin to smooth out wrinkles and make the eyes look bigger. Men have character in their faces no makeup needed mouths are broader eyes are well defined as well as the face.

au contraire!

The first two or three times I wore full makeup, I didn't realise I hadn't washed it all off using soap and water. Everyone noticed (my family, the barmaid in my local, my wormates), and they all said something like "have you been wearing makeup?". I could have died . But I honestly couldn't tell by looking in the mirror. I probably still can't tell when it's all off, but I make sure it is by using various proven techniques (Johnson's Baby Fluid primarily).

I do wear makeup and black mascara occasionally in drab.
    Nobody said something, so far. Only comment I got: "You look better today"

I think it is not a big deal anymore, though it might depend on the circumstances a bit.

Getting caught

Quote Originally Posted by DanaJ
    Karren, I have been following your many threads lately, and wow - you have been out there doing it! But I have to ask, aren't you worried at all? I mean, it almost seems as if you want to get caught. It wasn't that long ago that you had very serious troubles at home http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=15376 I mean, your wife was ready to leave you, and here you are dressing in the bathroom while she sleeps a few feet away, and now wearing makeup en drab at work. I see this escalating until you get caught......

Not trying to stop you, just concerned where this is leading?
    No Dana, I know Karren(sort of), she's an okay guy..oops, I mean girl, but I'll let her answer that for herself. Sometimes I used to "flirt" with getting caught. In fact my wife caught me a couple of times coming home after my night time "outings". She just didn't talk to me for a few days after. As far as work, I did the same thing when I had my salary job. I used to wear "toned down" face powder, mascara, liner blush and lipstick. No one at work ever said a thing. Of course they didn't see my pantyhose, bra, panty, etc. underneath. I was in a better mood when I did that and seemed to get a lot more accomplished, some of my better days. Ericka

Ericka, I never said, or even intimated in any way that Karren was not "OK" - in fact, I thought I was quite clear as to my concern for her???

And if you read that link I put, Karren's woes were a LOT more than the wife "not talking to her for a few days after".......

So - again I say, I was just concerned that her path is leading to another confrontation with her wife. And that is fine, if that is what Karren wants....and thank you for letting her answer for herself
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We can take this to PM if you rather, but I just wanted to state my concerns - I remember back a few months ago and what happened, and was really worried at the time for you. I would just hate to see a repeat

A fellow hockey player (25 years)
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton
    So that will all me the opertunity to cool my heals so to speak!! LOL Thanks again!!
    Heels! not "heals"
    H-E-E-L-S
    HEELS!

ok, lets not forget

if its good enough for johnny depp, its good enough for me.

Clear mascara? "Migrated" to brown? You mean to say that you have five shades of mascara, one for every day leading up to Friday. And you have clear mascara? Why? What would be the point of clear mascara? Something's not right here.

Furthermore, if you're giving presentations in front of 25 of your peers in a boardroom, you must work at a somewhat good sized corporation. Why would any sane person risk their livelihood that way? What are you, nuts?

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Early Longtime Member Faye Emmette's Avatar
    Back to the them eo fthe thread, I think lots of the people we see on the telly wear makeup anyway .. even the politicians have a 'makeover' before presenting.
    And it seems Grecian 2000 is OK for those who wish to stay young forever.
    Yep, I think bit by bit, men will increasingly use enhancements.
    [SIZE="1"].
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]....... Everything is in Degrees .......[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]intro http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=16084[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla
    Clear mascara? "Migrated" to brown? You mean to say that you have five shades of mascara, one for every day leading up to Friday. And you have clear mascara? Why? What would be the point of clear mascara? Something's not right here.
    Thank you Marla...you said exactly what I was also thinking...
    Some pieces of this puzzle are not fitting at all...
    Furthermore, if you're giving presentations in front of 25 of your peers in a boardroom, you must work at a somewhat good sized corporation. Why would any sane person risk their livelihood that way? What are you, nuts?
    ditto...

Hey hon... I believe that if anyone did notice, well, you wont' find out about it. Only because even when us women gossip, we keep certain things among the women only. GUys wont' notice because unless they are also crossdressers, they won't be looking at another guy that closely. But us girls, well, we do notice those little things. Natural long eyelashes are one thing, but even the best quality mascara has a quality about it.

I too am not saying "don't do this" nor wanting to rain on your tranny parade, but as Dana said and others have stated, why take a chance like that when you don't really want to get caught?

I dont know maybe you wont' care if people talk about you at your job and maybe no one will use this or hold this against you.

And I hate to sound like I am lumping you with all 'men' out there...but alot of guys tend to have this invincible attitude ...... I guess that bravado is what makes more testosterone flow....but as the wife of a crossdresser who is actually pretty open in many circumstances with our life....I would not want my husband to be taking the "calculated risk" you are taking.

I know you did not ask for feedback...but well big mouth stikes again!

Just be safe

I find alot of attitude in some of these posts. Concern I understand, but I think there's way much testosterone in the air tonight.

I'm not much of a risk taker, but hey I'm a easygoing type girl. Karren, you seem to be way out there sometimes, but I gather thats just you. Being an engineer, I'm sure you know the stats and the risks each time. Just double check those figures each time. I'm a technician and I spend my day cleaning up mistakes that engineers made when they didn't check for all the possible problems.

And yes, I have 3 or 4 shades of mascara too!

I don't understand the need for all this criticism, and saying things don't add up. Sometimes it feels like everyone is under investigation, as opposed to it being a forum to openly share our experiences. Just my two cents... don't slap me!
    I am only a cross dresser when I don't crossdress!

About Me: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...595#post306595

"I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" - Goo Goo Dolls

[SIZE="3"]www.HappyDressers.com[/SIZE] - Where cross dressers go to be happy!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton
    So do you think that its time that men can wear makeup? Not over the top, but subtle enough to bring out their good features?
    I actually do agree with this concept in theory.....but in reality, it's fraught with danger. It depends on what you mean by "subtle". I've never been to work with make up on (way too risky) but I wear a little of it as a feminized male fairly often and I don't get any comments.....but then whilest in the public at large no-one knows me so they'r not like to to comment on it.

I guess it's up to the the individual.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I have loads of different colours too I have blue/black, black, brown, greeny/brown, lilac and jade I also have clear mascara, but I use that when I've dyed my lashes

Please note, arguementave posts have/will be deleted.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 05-05-2006 at 11:52 PM.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Level of comfort

Dana, Having been in the same "boat" previously as Karren in regard to wearing "toned down" makeup at work, I could see where she was coming from. You were concerned for her and I apologize if you thought I was making light of it. I know Karren well enough and she is ingenious enough to work in "stealth mode". I appreciate your concern Hon and looking back see that maybe I was taking a hell of a chance myself although sometimes when you are up high "en femme" as I was at that time, you maybe don't see the potential danger of what you may be risking. I appreciate you pointing that out and value you as one of my sisters. This is one of the great things about this forum. We look out for each other. Take care, Love, Ericka

See The Light

Karen I was outed at work details I have stated before in other posts just not in depth. It was not pleasant it got serious I was threatened I was assaulted (not seriously) I lost not only a job I fought to get but I job I loved doing. The rumor took on a life of it's own and my supervisors started to harass me with disciplinary's I got run down after three years of the constant bombardment of name calling things left on my desk. And one jerk confronting my mentally challenged son about it. My circle of friends is now closed to me I have only a couple that talk to me at all. I was lucky because I was able to collect a retirement on a disability that should have ended my carrier years ago.
    Starting over at fifty five is not something I recommend. So I sit here and worry over you gurl as I have on others who are in trouble it's just my way. So take my advice get your self together and fly strait your flirting with danger here my friend.

Much Love And Respect Joy

Smile Daily

Hi girls

I use mascara and cover stick every day. I also use lose powder to set it.

I work infront of teenagers and have yet to get noticed.

when done right it enhanced your look

Quote Originally Posted by Maddie
    Hi girls

I use mascara and cover stick every day. I also use lose powder to set it.

I work infront of teenagers and have yet to get noticed.

when done right it enhanced your look
    Maddie, with all due respect - are you sure that it is "yet to be noticed" or "yet to be commented to"? Teenage girls are the most observant of all, I am sure they know but haven't said anything (to you that is)....
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi girls!

In boring male mode, i often get black eyelash tints and eyebrow tints done to match my complexion which i like.

In my previous job i used to have french manicures with white tips with no adverse comment made (i was a manager there though) However, i'm a lil bit cautious in my new job and have only used clear nail varnish. Just finding my feet there, although comments have been made about my long nails.

I just wish we could all be who we want to be without feeling we're being judged. How many times have you heard this line, huh? lol

Have a great weekend, girls!

Sara xxxx

I think its a good idea its time for it