8 9.76%
  • Say No and tell them you are dressed

4 4.88%
  • Say Yes and warn them you are dressed

50 60.98%

Thread: It's not convenient really....

It's not convenient really....

Hi All,

Just a thought. If you were en femme and someone rang, who knows you crossdress but has never seen you or really expressed an opinion either way, and wanted to pop in, in say 20 minutes, would you:

a) say yes and get changed really quick
    b) say no and give an excuse (I'm going out, I'm not feeling well etc)
    c) say no and tell them you are dressed
    d) say yes but warn them you are dressed and if they don't mind, you don't either

Has it ever happened to you?

Em

[SIZE="2"]Hello,

If they all ready now and they are fine with it, then I probably would stay in my fem mode. I have already changed into my fem side for a couple of close Friends after they have called round for a chat, and my CDing came up in conversation.

Love Rachel
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]If you both wear skirts then who's the boss? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Love To You All Rachel [/SIZE]

If they know already it is no problem. Letting them know first is a good idea though as I dont want to shock them, and if they still want to stop by then I would welcome the company.
    I am who I am.

If they know, why hide it, it is who I am.

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliann
    If they know, why hide it, it is who I am.
    The same feelings here, to do anything else would be to run and hide.
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Hi

Same, why hide when they know.

Love
    Lucy

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    Hi Emma. Love your new Avatar!

I'd warn 'em I'm dressed and dare 'em to come over.
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

I agree completely. If they know it is only being honest by reamaining dressed as you were when they called. They were talking to you as the person you were so why not remain that person?

I agree with Julie and have done so. I warn them that I'm dressed and that if they think they can handle it then they can come over. Each time they did and all went well.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma_Forbes
    If you were en femme and someone rang, [SIZE=3]who knows you crossdress but has never seen you[/SIZE] or really expressed an opinion either way, and wanted to pop in, in say 20 minutes, would you:

a) say yes and get changed really quick
    b) say no and give an excuse (I'm going out, I'm not feeling well etc)
    c) say no and tell them you are dressed
    d) [SIZE=3]say yes but warn them you are dressed and if they don't mind, you don't either[/SIZE]

Has it ever happened to you?[SIZE=3] Not yet as nobody knows about Clare at the moment![/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

This happened to me fairly recently. I had just fessed up to my best mate and his wife a few days earlier when he rang me and said he was going to pop round. Now before I told him I would either make an excuse or stall him to give me time to de-fem but this time I said he could come round but warned him that I was dressed.

They both came round and were absolutely fine about it and didn't treat me any differently to normal.

Gemma xx

Be responsible
    Respectable
    Stable but gullible
    Concerned and caring
    Help the helpless
    But always remain
    Ultimately selfish

Get The Balance Right - Depeche Mode - ©1983

Feel free to message me.x Natalie tv's Avatar
    If somone knows you dress then why be ashamed to show it.
    [SIZE="5"]NAT.xx [/SIZE]

Come on down..........

I'd tell them come if you want but I'm Ericka. I've done it already with mixed results. One person even thought they were at the wrong place since Ericka looks nothing like Rich. LOL Ericka

Gold Member
    Well im a long way from that, but if they know it's time for them to see.

Well the only one who knows I CD is my wife. So it would have to be her calling. If she did, I'd definitely warn her - but if she wanted to see me dressed I would not have a problem with that.

(BTW I consider that a good sign, as a few years ago there is no way on earth I would have let her see me dressed!)

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

I would tell them that I was not really dressed properly for company, But if they were sure they didn't mind that I was dressed with style, then come on over.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

No time like the present

Yeah if they already knew and didn't profess a negative opinion I'd let them finally see this old broad, just might get some valuable input
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If they already know, I would tell them I am dressed and ask if they would want me to change. I would do so out of respect for them so as to not endanger the friendship.

I chose D, it would be a great opportunity to let the person see me dressed, and because they had been forewarned and still agreed to come, it should all go well.

An interesting hypothetical. Stirs up memories. Except for my wife, none of my friends admit to knowing I crossdress, so it isn't likely to happen to me in quite the way you describe. All of my friends have been trained to call before coming by to visit. I explain this is simply good ettiquette and simple courtesy. I don't answer the door if I am dressed and don't expect company.

When friends call ahead and I am dressed, I usually give a poor excuse, but sometimes I decide to change really quickly.

One time my second best friend (after my wife) stopped by unexpectedly, and I was dressed, and I had left the front door unlocked. He came in and called out my name and looked around for me - while I hid in the bedroom with the bedroom door closed. In due time he must have decided that either I was not home or not in a mood to receive visitors, and he left. I never mentioned this experience to him, nor he to me. We have only ever joked about crossdressing. So who knows if he knows or not? He might surely suspect. Anyway, he now lives out of state, so except around holidays, he is much less likely to surprise me again, and I learned to lock my doors!

However, if I had a friend who knows... I guess my wife certainly counts. She often calls to let me know she is headed home, and I usually take this as a signal to change. I guess that is why she calls. I guess it is for the best. At her request, I have stopped killing myself to get changed quickly when she comes home unexpectedly, but she does not fully accept my crossdressing.

If I had a friend who knew and fully approved, then sure, I'd just tell them I was dressed. Might be a lot of fun. But since I have no guts, there will probably be no glory.

Actually, I have three crossdressing friends I have met on this or one other forum, with whom I have exchanged actual contact information. I hope someday to meet one (or all) of them in person. If one of them called and said they were in town, I'd tell them I was dressed, and invite them over.
    Hugs,

Bernice

Never happened to me yet - Showing myself off has always been a kind of occassion with people... I'm always willing and open to show this side of me though, and often find I don't want to change out of femme if I can help it (Whilst dressing, anyway.)

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

I did the vote before reading the rest of the question, of course if they knew already I'd let them in, and hope their reaction was still good, it's yet to happen to me, but who knows in the future. By the way Emma I'm on my way over to see you in 15 minutes!?!
    TTFN Andrea :GE:

OOPS... I answered too quick...

I didn't read the intro to the question...

I gave answer "say yes and get changed really quick" as I thought about "any" friend ringing at the door... This has happened to me more that once

In case a friend whom I have told about my X-dressing would ring at my bell, I would definitely have answered "Say Yes and warn them you are dressed"

Indeed, I would be very happy to have the occasion to show her/him my other personality... Some friends have come to visit me knowing that I was X-dressed. And that is exactly what I did. I'd do it again for a new friend whom I told about my X-dressing and who has never seen me.

Love

Eugenie