Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swimwear

Swimwear

Summer is almost here (well, in the northern hemisphere) and I'm an avid beachgoer, but I have no idea what I'm going to wear to the beach this year. I don't want complete coverup because I'd like to get some color, but I refuse to wear a woman's swimsuit this year. :nono: Does anyone have any suggestions? Note: In case it's unclear, this question is open to all members.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What about some shorts and a tank top ?

Platinum Member
    i had the same problem the other day, i joined a gym and really wanted to go in the pool, but there is NO WAY on earth im wearing a girls costume!!, so I bought a guys pair of swimming shorts and wore a sports bra that has lycra in it!, i wont have to after my top surgery but that was a compromise til then
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 05-22-2006 at 02:40 PM.

You know . . . that sounds do-able. I think some shorts and a sports bra, with a tank top or tank T over it, might work. Couldn't do the tank without the bra, but I can see that combo. Of course, it would be great to be able to go without the tank and the bra altogether , but I think this will work for now. Thanks, kids.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Find a nude beach and wear what you want. My wife feels uncomfortable in a swimmsuit so she wears board shorts over her suit on the bottom and maybe a tank over the top that she can take off if she gets too hot .

Petrina cd

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex
    You know . . . that sounds do-able. I think some shorts and a sports bra, with a tank top or tank T over it, might work. Couldn't do the tank without the bra, but I can see that combo. Of course, it would be great to be able to go without the tank and the bra altogether , but I think this will work for now. Thanks, kids.
    yup that is exactly what i did the sports bra and tank top, no on batted an eyelid

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    I wear a sleeveless "razor" surfshirt... It's really thin spandex and helps flatten ya out a tad as well. It's also really super stretchy (I think it's almost entirely made of spandex) so you can pull it down almost to your knees! They sell 'em at Walmart... I wear that with surf shorts. :-)
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    I'd try some surf shorts and a t-shirt (perhaps sleeve-less), particularly if it's a darker color. Guys will do that to avoid getting sunburnt -- although that sort of conflicts with your goal of gettings some color. As others have said, a tank top could work too.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas
    I wear a sleeveless "razor" surfshirt... It's really thin spandex and helps flatten ya out a tad as well. It's also really super stretchy (I think it's almost entirely made of spandex) so you can pull it down almost to your knees! They sell 'em at Walmart... I wear that with surf shorts. :-)
    I like the idea of the spandex helping to flatten things out, but I wonder if it might be too hot in the sun - you know, non-breathing material? Lord knows I sweat a lot . . . althought swimsuit material is spandex-y also, isn't it? Might work - thanks, Abraxas.

Marlena, a sleeveless shirt would work just as well as a tank, I think. Although I'd probably get more sun with the tank. All good suggestions.

pity you cant go in for the surfing crowd ..
    i know over here (land of surfing doods) you can get a wetsuit thats cut pretty high on the leg and then at the shoulders .. wetsuit material doesnt stretch much and so they would really be good for keeping everything still and yet you would still get any colour you might want.

plus they are stylish and keep you warm in the water too
    we have them all over here, dont know if you know what im talking about or not ... but thats my suggestion.

or if you dont want to whole thing i know i had some swimming trunks that were made from the same material .. and i know ive seen tops of the same stuff around .. but i dont know how well these would work, cause they wouldnt have the anchoring as the full suit would.

just try not to 'wipeout' .. or use other surfing lingo.
    ~They say I'm different, well I'm not the same. - Sevendust~

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dee~
    pity you cant go in for the surfing crowd ..
    i know over here (land of surfing doods) you can get a wetsuit thats cut pretty high on the leg and then at the shoulders .. wetsuit material doesnt stretch much and so they would really be good for keeping everything still and yet you would still get any colour you might want.

plus they are stylish and keep you warm in the water too
    we have them all over here, dont know if you know what im talking about or not ... but thats my suggestion.

or if you dont want to whole thing i know i had some swimming trunks that were made from the same material .. and i know ive seen tops of the same stuff around .. but i dont know how well these would work, cause they wouldnt have the anchoring as the full suit would.

just try not to 'wipeout' .. or use other surfing lingo.
    Dee,

I hadn't thought of that. How sweaty are these things? It's a real concern of mine since I tend to overheat (it's not pretty).

we used to wear full wetsuits all the time when we went prawning or crabbing .. and i neer had any problem .. and i was running all over the place, dragging things.

they really as neato in their construction, i find.
    if you are looking to have the cool wind on your back, then its not going to work - it pretty much stops that .. but i never found them to be overly sweaty or hot.
    but if you are worried about overheating, you could always wear the tank top underneath and then you could unzip a bit to let the coolness come in ..

the only thing about them is that they are rigid in their making .. so if you let your body go limp you will look like you are on the rack of some clothes store, like wearing a shirt youve forgotten to take the hanger out of .. but it can be fun.

you can get ones that zip up in front and from behind .. behind is more popular because then when you are tummy down on a board, you arent pushing the zipper imprint into your skin .. but i had one that was frontal zipper and it was nice to be able to open it up for a bit when i wanted to sit in a chair and not look like the tinman
    ~They say I'm different, well I'm not the same. - Sevendust~

Sweet as Roses CharlaineCadence's Avatar

surfer dude now surfer duddete

Since I began my transition I was worried about what I could where when I surf. The surf shop that I goes to was very helpful in helping me find a good surf suit. And the one I worn as a man still can be worn as a woman their very unisex. as for sweaty. I find them cooler more then hot. but if I get hot from not being in the water I just unzip and pull the top off like a coat and let it hang. you can where a sports bra and tank under it and noone is going to care really. but the mens and womens come in high cut and low cut and most are afforable. Or you could doo shorts with a neopring vest that huugs prity tight. they are a little warm but get more comfertable as you use them.

hear are a few links that I shop from.

http://www.surfwearhawaii.com/

http://www.isurfing.com/sites.pl/1710/Exceed

http://www.isurfing.com/sites.pl/1105/GoSurfNeoprene --this place has the vests i was teelling you about

hope these help

kiss kiss
    char
    Love is like the rose,
    Beautiful and Sweet,
    Move the wrong way,
    And be pricked by it's thorns,
    Painful it the wound,
    as the heart bleeds,
    Feeding the rose that is hidden,
    Feeding and growing till it is strong,

My life is like an open book to love me is to know me. to know me is to love me.

www.myspace.com/charlainecadencenord

One Piece

At this stage of my life, a one piece is appropriate.

Gennee
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex
    I like the idea of the spandex helping to flatten things out, but I wonder if it might be too hot in the sun - you know, non-breathing material? Lord knows I sweat a lot . . . althought swimsuit material is spandex-y also, isn't it? Might work - thanks, Abraxas.
    The thing I've got is actually much thinner material than a swimsuit. Hell, you may even be able to tan right through it. It's sportswear so it won't get hot-- it's not designed for swimming; it's designed more for biking and stuff-- it lets a lot of air in.
    Here's what it looks like (modeled by yours truly, haha):

Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Looking good, Abraxas! Wish I had a body like that. That actually looks pretty comfortable, and not sweaty at all.

Lex, what does the swim shirt look like, exactly? Is it like a tank-type shirt or something like Abraxas has in the pics?

Char, thanks for the links. Those look really cool. I'd have to figure out my size, etc., but it looks do-able.

Sweet as Roses CharlaineCadence's Avatar

no prob

no problem. glade they helped
    Love is like the rose,
    Beautiful and Sweet,
    Move the wrong way,
    And be pricked by it's thorns,
    Painful it the wound,
    as the heart bleeds,
    Feeding the rose that is hidden,
    Feeding and growing till it is strong,

My life is like an open book to love me is to know me. to know me is to love me.

www.myspace.com/charlainecadencenord

Platinum Member
    abraxas i like the idea of what your wearing in those pics, can you tell me where i can buy em!
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 05-25-2006 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    The shirt is this sort of thing: http://www.cwear.com.au/images/MENSN...HIRT-JE129.jpg
    And I wear a sports bra underneath.
    Cool! Thanks. Going to check out that site now.

Quote Originally Posted by kells
    abraxas i like the idea of what your wearing in those pics, can you tell me where i can buy em!
    Ooh, not sure... I get mine at Walmart, of course you haven't got those in the UK... They'd probably have them at walmart.com though, not sure if they'll ship internationally though.

Banned Read only
    Oh well since it's open to everyone.
    I wish i could wear a one piece to the swimming pool. I totally feel like such a geek with male swim trunks on.

Oh and Abraxas get a haircut boy!!

Gold Member
    0.02 Can't help you here, don't do the beach, but Abraxas has a good look to him.

Haha-- I got a haircut shortly after I came back... Needs a trim already though. Short hair grows so damn fast...

Woman of the Revolution Bridget's Avatar
    That's difficult...hmmm

I remember that men that are olympic swimmers often wear bodysuits...but I don't think many people go to the beach in those. And they're expensive too.

I think what you're wearing in the pics are great though, boardshorts or trunks with a swimshirt or rashguard.

Crossdressing and the beach works well if you're a surfer. Both genders wear tight fitting body suits, and you can easily fit stuff undeneath to flatten certain areas, and enhance others.

Queen of the Vegetomboys NightFox87's Avatar
    Just some trunks and a tank could work just fine.