Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: TS questions.. all welcome to reply

Ha. I sing along with Sheryl Crow. I never actually told my parents about me. They caught me enough times in my youth that I figure they already know. That and the fact that they're 2500 miles away. We don't get together much. We were a pretty dysfunctional family for the most part.

~Dee~s GG always&forever ~Kitty GG~'s Avatar
    Joanlynn~
    Thanx for posting. You're in very good company here!

Patty~
    Sounds like you're coming along very well.
    Inventoried eveything I could think of needed to transition. Thoughts, strategies, costs etc. If anyone needs a list or wants to start a thread on this it would be good for all.
    It would great if you started a thread on the subject. If you're not comfortable doing that.. please do post your list in this thread.

All info is good. And it all shows support.

Caitlin~
    I sing along to Disturbed.. wonder what that says..

Kim~
    I'm glad I started this thread. I had no idea we had so many other TS's to draw support from and to give support to. Its wonderful.

I do get frustrated when so many talk about how SRS is regretted.. that so-and-so had a bad experience.. yada yada. I mean we all have had bad experiences driving cars.. but the benefits outweigh those.. I still drive.. do you?

Look at all the people who regret marriages or how they raised their kids. And yet the general public doesn't go around saying DON'T MARRY OR HAVE KIDS.. cuz Bob regrets doing it. Its just ridiculous to my logical mind. As with every decision in life the question should be "is this the best choice FOR ME?"

You could regret what you had for dessert last nite. Regrets are part of life. But not living.. that's the biggest regret I can imagine.

Thanx again everyone!!!

Love & Hugs
    ~Kitty~
    [SIZE="2"]Love is trusting
    Love is honest
    Love is not a hand that holds you down
    ~Tonic
    [/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Kitty GG~
    If you are TS or your So is TS..

A) To what extent do you (or does your SO) INTEND to transistion?

B) What steps have you (or your SO) taken so far?
    I'm a pre-op M2F. I've gotten a bilateral orchiectomy (done by Dr. Murray Kimmel of Philadelphia, PA, who is possibly the only urologist in Canada/US who openly doesn't require psych letters for this) so far and started on estrogen HRT (no prescription, ordered from Thailand pharmacy).

I also started voice training earlier this month. I haven't gone out presenting as female yet, though---my social life is primarily online.

I'm not sure how far I intend on going ultimately. Possibly all the way up to SRS if my experiences are favorable. One thing I really wanted to do that I've gotten done is getting the bilateral orchiectomy, though (I've always hated the effects of testosterone on my body, no matter whether I'm male or female).

~Dee~s GG always&forever ~Kitty GG~'s Avatar
    I'm a pre-op M2F. I've gotten a bilateral orchiectomy (done by Dr. Murray Kimmel of Philadelphia, PA, who is possibly the only urologist in Canada/US who openly doesn't require psych letters for this) so far and started on estrogen HRT (no prescription, ordered from Thailand pharmacy).
    Jennifer~
    Is it important to you that you don't have to go through pshrinks?

My opinions about that have already been stated.. but I'll say again that I think that everyone should be accountable for their decisions and therefore be allowed to make their own decisions w/o having a pshrink give them permission slips. OR if they figure we're not able to make these decisions then they should be taking care of us.. I want a pony and all the ice cream I can eat.. ...... and to not have to work or pay bills.. Either I'm capable of making life decisions.. or I'm not.

I wonder also why you chose to go w/o a prescription for HRT.

I figure that I can decide whether or not I should alter my body.. whether I should go on take meds .. etc. But I don't have the medical equipment or expertise to evaluate my health risks or do blood tests etc. So I would want to be monitored by my doc for those things.

Thanx for your input.

Love & Hugs
    ~Kitty~
    [SIZE="2"]Love is trusting
    Love is honest
    Love is not a hand that holds you down
    ~Tonic
    [/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    I've always been a pretty independent person. I don't really trust pshrinks. Well, I wouldn't mind talking to one, but I WOULD mind them holding power over me (i.e. having the option to deny me HRT).

I'm planning on going to a doctor later. They should at least be willing to monitor my self-administered hormone use.