Thread: a question on skirts and sizeing

a question on skirts and sizeing

Ok my question is this I bought a size 18 skirt at walmart and it fits me rather nicely. Today I received a size 22 skirt in the mail recently purchased on ebay. Although i managed to get into the skirt it was really tight and wanted to rise up and stay just under my bra. Does the maker of the skirt have a bearing on how it fits? I don't understand why a size 18 fits me nice and a size 22 doesn't unless the cut of the skirts are different. I was so pleased to get my new blouse and matching skirt today now i'm a little upset that they don't fit me right and i spent over fifty bucks on the outfit. Please help me.

ttfn
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

yes, companies size their clothing differently. I buy stuff at wal-mart and it fits great, order stuff the same size its either too big or too small. Trial and error.
    Huggs
    Cassie

Thank you Cassie at least you responded to my question thank you again hun.

ttfn
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

Aspiring Member
    Also it depends whether the skirt is a low waist cut or high waist. You may feel a low waist cut skirt fits great but you're wearing it too high. Also the material is important anything stretchy will fit better in smaller sizes.

On Ebay - best to get the measurements before bidding.

Fiona xx

thanks for the advice Fiona i'll look a little harder the nesxt time i'm buying clothes. thanks again hun.

ttfn
    Hugs and kisses Brenda

Single and loving it ;) alexis GG's Avatar

Talking

can also depend on the material. Some clothes when worn with tights or stockings ride up to your armpits! Or can make your tights etc fall down. All clothes sizes are different... UK sizing is totally different to the USA, which can also have a bearing on your problem.
    alexis35

Each manufactuer uses their own sizing. As people have grown heavier through the past 50 years clothing makers have added to their sizes, that is an old size 12 would now be a 10. The only real solution is to try clothes on before you buy them. And that's a lot easier said than done.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Cloting manufacturers have been known to do "vanity sizing", putting a label on that says it is smaller than it really in the hope that a dieting woman will think, "look, now I can fit into a size ...", and buy it to celebrate.

There is virtually no standardization. I usually go into a 16 or an 18, but I've got a suit that fits me with a label of 10. You will also get into a smaller size shift or sack dress than a shirtwaist or sheath with a smaller waist.