Thread: TS or CD

TS or CD

Hiya.
    i just have a little question to put to you guys in this forum .. so as such, i dont want MTF's to jump on and start answering it .. (though i dont see how they would)

FTM ONLY

i wonder if that will help.

anyway, heres the question.
    im really glad to see that there are more guys here than when i first jumped onto this forum and i really enjoy reading the posts and enjoy your input in other areas too.

but from what ive read it seems to me that a lot of the guys here are going further, into such things as chest reduction etc .. and yet you still post under the FTM Crossdressing section .... ?
    so i guess my question is .. how many actually just identify as crossdressers? ..
    and how many believe themselves to be transsexual?

it seems that when someone says transsexual, most people are going to jump for the mtf version .. so is it because you dont identify with the term?
    or what ?
    or what are your thoughts?

im not trying to strap you guys down to a set catagory of terminology.. im just interested in how people view themselves, i guess.

if this all makes any senses whatsoever to you, please feel free to reply to it or explain it to the others .

tah,
    Dee.
    ~They say I'm different, well I'm not the same. - Sevendust~

Platinum Member
    i identify as FTM pre-op TS, but i want to mix with all variations of FTM because transitioning or not we all have a common bond!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    I consider myself TS. I am planning on chest reduction and maybe Testorone.

so you guys identify more with ftm crossdressers than with mtf transsexuals?
    is that about right?

thats interesting, if so.

i mean, im TS and i feel closer to you guys than i do to a mtf cd'er.
    but, thats just me.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Dee~
    so you guys identify more with ftm crossdressers than with mtf transsexuals?
    is that about right?

thats interesting, if so.

i mean, im TS and i feel closer to you guys than i do to a mtf cd'er.
    but, thats just me.
    i dont identify more so with any group!, i just can relate to FTM and genetic men because of certain life events is all, i am able to relate to all gender groups in one way or another, it just depends on the circumstances

ooooooookay then.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dee~
    im really glad to see that there are more guys here than when i first jumped onto this forum and i really enjoy reading the posts and enjoy your input in other areas too.

but from what ive read it seems to me that a lot of the guys here are going further, into such things as chest reduction etc .. and yet you still post under the FTM Crossdressing section .... ?
    so i guess my question is .. how many actually just identify as crossdressers? ..
    and how many believe themselves to be transsexual?

it seems that when someone says transsexual, most people are going to jump for the mtf version .. so is it because you dont identify with the term?
    or what ?
    or what are your thoughts?
    Hey, Dee:

Thanks for dropping by . . . *checking the stores for the really good rum we keep for special company*

That's a very good question and I really hope I can give you an answer that makes sense, but I'm thinking I may end up confusing you instead. Well, here goes:

I first came here because I realized I was a female-to-male crossdresser and hoped to find information to help me figure out what was "wrong" with me. Along the way I learned that besides being a crossdresser/transvestite, I am also transgendered - specifically, bigendered or androgynous (having distinctly male and female sides).

After much self-exploration and soul searching I came to the startling realization (a polite way of saying I "freaked out") that I am also (not instead of) a transsexual. So, to sum up, I actually consider myself all of the above (CD/TV, TG, TS). I'm sure others might disagree as they probably think one has to be one or another and can't be all of these, but I feel that all these "labels" fit me and I use them all.

My specific story is that I knew I was male when I was 4½ years old, but over the years that was suppressed by female hormones (naturally-produced and hormones I took for many years for mostly health reasons). When I stopped taking the hormones altogether (1½ years ago), the male side of me began to return and returned a little stronger every month until it has become the dominant side of me now and there's very little of the female side remaining.

I was lost and confused for a very long time, but thanks to this site, a weekly support group and my wonderful therapist I was recently able to make the decision to transition. Sorry this is so long and complicated, but I wanted to explain why I consider myself all of these, since I couldn't answer your question as simply as you deserve.

P.S. [Off-topic] - Lex!!! Those muttonchops are racidal, dude! I love them!
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    I consider myself a Transgenderist. Not transvestite, but not quite transsexual. Probably bi-gendered as well, if I would allow myself to feel my female side (I'm sure there is one-- it's just scared to come out).
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Originally posted by Abraxas,"I consider myself a Transgenderist. Not transvestite, but not quite transsexual".
    Abraxas, I'm glad you posted this reply. I am the same way but, just didn't know how to word it. Thanks Man
    Vampires are real, just not how you picture them to be.

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    no problem!
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

RUM?

Okay I don't know if I got the question right but I will endeaver, humour me.

Personally I consider myself a Crossdresser, an incredibly casual one at that. Not really transgendered or anything really so much as "gender happy". As in: Gender? I'm just happy! (that I'm not dead..ahahahahahah *cough* *sigh*...hmm...)

Okay anyhow I think (and this is totally an assumption) that those that are on the FTM forum and have considered themselves FTM probably stick around this side of the forum even post-op or through transit because well, all the FTM's here are going through the same things, to some degree. And even as such we've all been at the same basic places so who better to seek support from, correct?
    Two monks were watching a flag flapping in the wind. One said to the other, "The flag is moving."
    The other replied, "The wind is moving."
    Huineng overheard this. He said, "Not the flag, not the wind; mind is moving."

I just recently...as in a few days ago....decided to look for people like me. I was very touched by a Lifetime movie last week called "A Girl Like Me". It was about a MTF but she never did the actual sex change. She passed among the guys and then when she was found out she was killed. My blood started pumping with anger. Like "Boys Don't Cry" it was a true story. Just the opposite gender. I just finally decided that enough was enough and I searched on Google and found you all. I don't know what I am. Other than human being. Maybe you guys could tell me. To me I have always been a boy inside. I am attracted to women but find myself also attracted in some MTF people now that I have been here. lol This is the first time I have actually known or at least talked to people like us. I have no intentions of having any surgeries or deepening my voice or anything. I might start packing. I would love a mango so I could pee upright. I dress boy all the time. People see me as a kid but that's okay. So I guess I would be pegged as a cross-dresser more than a FTM then huh? Enlighten me. Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor105
    I just recently...as in a few days ago....decided to look for people like me. I was very touched by a Lifetime movie last week called "A Girl Like Me". It was about a MTF but she never did the actual sex change. She passed among the guys and then when she was found out she was killed. My blood started pumping with anger. Like "Boys Don't Cry" it was a true story. Just the opposite gender. I just finally decided that enough was enough and I searched on Google and found you all.
    Hey, Taylor:

I couldn't sit through all of Boys Don't Cry, so I knew I couldn't sit through A Girl Like Me either. I just can't handle tragic stuff like that (especially true stories) because it stays with me for a long time (days or weeks) and then I get all depressed and moody. I envy people who can watch it and forget it or not have it evoke terrible feelings. I think it's important that these movies are done to enlighten the public (like Schindler's List), but I just can't sit through them because they affect me more deeply than most people (nightmares, etc.). Anyway, I'm glad you saw it because it brought you here and I hope this place will be as helpful for you as it has been for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor105
    I don't know what I am. Other than human being. Maybe you guys could tell me. To me I have always been a boy inside. I am attracted to women but find myself also attracted in some MTF people now that I have been here. lol This is the first time I have actually known or at least talked to people like us. I have no intentions of having any surgeries or deepening my voice or anything. I might start packing. I would love a mango so I could pee upright. I dress boy all the time. People see me as a kid but that's okay. So I guess I would be pegged as a cross-dresser more than a FTM then huh? Enlighten me. Taylor
    This is a tough question to answer. I think the answer lies within each of us and is a little different for each of us - even if we all have this one big thing in common (crossdressing or feeling transgendered). When I first started therapy to deal with my transgender issues I wanted my therapist to tell me the same thing. What am I? Also, what (if anything) should I do about it? Like any good therapist he said he couldn't tell me because only I knew that, but that he would help me find the answers within me. At the time I was frustrated because I felt that I didn't know and would never know, but he was right. I finally started figuring it out - and I'm still figuring it out. I hope we can help you find the answers too, but I don't think you should listen to anyone who tries to tell you who or what you are.

Ask all the questions you can, look up everything you can find and read about others' experiences until the answers start coming to you. I know they will if you're really searching for them. Questioning is the beginning of wisdom.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a trannie too like Kieron etc. I have had my funding aproved by my PCT so I can now go to CXH and get treated, yay. Just waiting for first appointment now.

I don't spread this around, but I'm intersexed. I was raised as a girl, after surgery to "fix" some things, took girl hormones for years to try and get what I have to work properly, gave up on that three years ago, and now I've given up on being a girl altogether. I identify as ftm since I wasn't raised as a guy, I crossdressed starting in middleschool, and because of medical reasons I'll have some of the transition surgeries done anyhow. Not sure about taking T though. I have some health problems from being on and off diferent girl hormones for years and taking anything else and possibly making things worse doesn't really appeal to me.
    Nobody calls me Lebowski. You got the wrong guy. I'm the Dude, man.

Thanks Guys....Perks, I feel for you.

I knew this girl at work. Her name was Amy. Before I knew her name I thought she was a man. She worked in the press room at the paper and that was pretty much a man's only domain. She had a chiseled face even though her hair was long down her back. She had it in a low ponytail and wore a ball cap. I still through all of that thought she was a guy just trying to keep his hair from getting dirty from the ink in the press room. It was at least a month after meeting him that he told me he was born with both male and female parts. His mother and father had to make a choice there on the spot before the surgery. Can you believe that? They chose girl and made sure he only had girls parts. His brain was male though. As an infant he couldn't have told anyone that. So Amy was a guy. For all intents and purposes. He dated a girly girl who considered herself straight. I always felt bad for Amy. If I were him I would have changed my name. He didn't. But I guess that is every person's decision. I think he could have worn a dress and I would've thought he was a man in a dress. I really feel for him. Taylor

Happens all the time Taylor. Parents are put under extreme pressure by doctors to change what are viewed as ambiguous genitalia. Most of the time there is no real medical necessity to do so except a general idea that a child can't have a normal upbringing without a definitive gender based on the look of the genitals. And as it's easier to make people into phenotypical if not functioning girls, that's the option usually chosen. It's starting to loosen up a bit, but in many places the alternative, letting the kids choose when they get older what they want to do, is never mentioned.

I really felt for Amy. I know I would have changed my name. I think you are right about people letting the kids grow up and make their own decisions now. It's better I think. Taylor

Its complicated. I can understand why he wouldn't. My parents know I dress like a guy, and they hate it. Not my dad so much anymore he's better now; treats me like a boy when I dress like one. But my mom *don't even get me started.* Anyhow it makes them feel guilty - like they made the wrong decisions. So I'll cross dress in front of them (not bind or pack though) but I won't go any further because they would totally wig, let alone change my name. And I'm not ready to give up my family, which is what doing that around them would mean. Intersex people are put under a lot of pressure by their familes to conform to their assigned genders. I think more so than "normal" people (for lack of a handier word.)

It must suck Perks. I just dress boyish in front of everyone. I really don't care what they think. Just for some family info. On my dad's side there is him, two Uncles and an Aunt. One of my Uncle's is openly gay and my Aunt was also openly gay. She died of cancer right before Christmas. I consider myself a boy but I also wonder how much genetics I have to end up that way anyway. I mean I have been like this since I can remember. Taylor