Ok, back again with more food for thought. Here is a question that anyone can answer FtM, MtF, GG, etc. I just hope this comes out in away that everyone will understand.

As a genetic female I noticed that my original view on myself was a constant state of depression because I didn't think as a woman I was pretty enough, wasn't skinny enough, etc. Being out in public with my husband, bean pole that he is it made me feel even worse because I always thought of us as the typical couple with the unattractive fat girl and the thin nice looking guy.
After I finally realized that I am trans and started to dress and be who I really am I found that the feeling of not being pretty sort of didn't matter as much anymore. I know we all worry about if we pass or not but it just seemed to me that it's ok for a guy to not be perfect and unless you are a slob, people won't look down on you as much for your appearance. I don't feel as bad going out in public with my husband anymore either.

Do other FtM's feel this way about how you look?
I also wonder if perhaps the MtF's feel the opposite and go through the am I pretty enough phase. Just in general, anyone who is in a relationship do you see yourself differently by how your partner presents themselves to the public?

Ok done rambling now and I hope not to start anything offensive with this post as with the last or I may just not start threads anymore.