Thread: A dinner date with my sister.

A dinner date with my sister.

Hi All.

Having recently been accepted by my mum, sister and brother-in-law, I was invited round to my sisters this evening for a meal as my sister and brother-in-law had both expressed a wish to meet Gemma.

Well after thinking about it long and hard and talking it through with friends (thanks Bev and Jay), I decided not to but instead took all three of them out for a meal to say a big thank you to them for being so understanding. I talked through my fear that seeing as I had spent over 40 years as "him" it would feel very strange going round to my sisters as "her" and wasn't sure I was ready for that yet but she re-itterated her wish to meet Gemma and said I could go in drab and get changed if I felt comfortable so we have set a date of a week on Saturday (17th) for the first meeting of Julie, Paul and Gemma (I hope). It really is going to feel strange but I really hope I will be able to introduce Gemma to them.

Be responsible
    Respectable
    Stable but gullible
    Concerned and caring
    Help the helpless
    But always remain
    Ultimately selfish

Get The Balance Right - Depeche Mode - ©1983

Well done Gemma

A truly sensible approach, but you have explained why you went as you did.
    They now want to meet "Gemma", so its best dress time and I hope it is a great sucess.
    An inspiration to all of us who dont get out.

Best Wishes
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Hi Gemma Dear It is a big step. A week ago friday Janelle met her sister for the first time. We both were nervous, in fact i almost turned back for home.( she lives in another city a hour away). She told me she was the same way but had no where to run, hehe, & she says she really wanted to meet. I get there & the whole day turned out perfect. She evem told me if she wouldn't have known i was coming she never would have known. Anyways trust your sister, trust your brother in law, I guess i am saying trust anyone who knows you(family, very close friends), trust them, i don't think they would ask if they were not ready, You just have to be dear. I mey be all wet, but so far it has worked for me.
    Take care dear, good luck & have fun, family is wonderful.
    , Janelle

Gemma -- Again, I wish you the best of everything. I know that the meeting will go well.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar

Good Luck

Gemma, I hope all goes well. My family know about Sarah and are quite comfortable with it, even though both of my burly bulky brothers talk freely about her to me ,they have never expressed a desire to meet Sarah nor am I in a hurry to Debut her. Our thoughts go with you

Sarah R.
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]