Thread: People have started having difficulties recognizing me!

People have started having difficulties recognizing me!

Things are working out wonderfully.

I'm working with a group of people that I have not seen in over a year. They are all struggling to figure out where they know me from. They are seeing a woman, and are unable to find me in their memory banks, even though they know they've worked with me before. What an unintended compliment for me.

My absolute favorite experience happened today, about 3 hours before the writing of this post!

A woman in one of my customers met me for the "first" time today. We were to have a very in-depth technical discussion about the application architecture she has envisaged for her IT environment. She is a senior manager and architect there.

Upon meeting me, she said almost immediately, where do I know you from?" It was a moment, believe you me. I responded by mentioning that I'd worked for my rather large IT company for 8 1/2 years and she nodded and sort of accepted what I had said. I was very high profile in the past in the IT industry in South Africa, but took a backseat a year ago to let things simmer, and now that I'm raising my profile again, I can claim the street cred but people just can't place me.

Men can be idiots with placing faces and names, but women are not so forgetful. She knows she has met me before and I could see her wracking her brains for the entire meeting. It was fun, a real compliment, and I kind of hope she doesn't figure it out.
    My first book, The Shipping Mistake, has been published. It's about all my pre-op years, since I was a child.

It is available for purchase at the following links online:

Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Lulu (the printer)

You can download a free preview by following any of the book links at Lulu

That's funny!

An engineer came last week to install a trial machine and through the morning he gave me odd looks. I just assumed he found 'the tranny' odd. Later in the day, I mentioned I'd worked at another company, and his eyes opened in recognition. 'I thought I knew you from somewhere! I used to fix the machines there, how are the lads?' And I chatted to him for a few minutes. It was only later that I remembered I was a man there, I completely forgot I'd changed, no wonder the chap was confused.

Take care

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha Anne
    I'm working with a group of people that I have not seen in over a year. They are all struggling to figure out where they know me from.
    That's so cool - I can't wait till I can mess with people's heads (like maybe my next high school reunion).
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Billie

You look the same to me lol

Just wanted to say good luck in all you do from here on out.The last few days I ve been able to come home early clean the house and make dinner for my wife as Darcy. Its incredible. love it wish I could do this every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy
    Just wanted to say good luck in all you do from here on out.The last few days I ve been able to come home early clean the house and make dinner for my wife as Darcy. Its incredible. love it wish I could do this every day.
    Wish upon a star, and maybe your dreams will come true. Well that, or, MAKE IT HAPPEN
    My first book, The Shipping Mistake, has been published. It's about all my pre-op years, since I was a child.

It is available for purchase at the following links online:

Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Lulu (the printer)

You can download a free preview by following any of the book links at Lulu

[SIZE=3]Seems like you handled it well Natasha. I guess you're going to meet many people who remember 'him', but as recognition becomes common, I think word will spread faster to the people from your 'past'.

Hmmn, another factor in the transition phase to deal with, but you seem to be handling it well Natasha.
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Clare; 06-12-2006 at 06:53 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

How cool was that?!!!! I think you did great with your response and had a little fun besides. The next question is how will you answer if someone places you as a man??? If it were me, I'd have my "go to" answer ready and waiting.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]