Ok, So I am thumbing through some posts and I come across alot of comments about conservative vs open-minded, or liberal vs. opressive.

Since when did CD'ing become have to be political issue?
I realize that many people want acceptance. And it would be nice to be able to walk down the street in a skirt and not to be laughed or made a mockery of. But at the same time do you honestly think our society, nay our humanity as a whole has the capacity to do so? For shit's sake, I know people that are all left liberal looney people that have rally's and go to conventions about energy conservation and save the whales etc etc etc, and what do they do on the weekends? Go out a drink, go and pay 20 dollars to see a damn movie spend 50k on a car and then bitch cause no one is helping humanity.
Don't misunderstand me, I am hardly saying that we arent all a little hipocritical. But using that as an example, what makes anyone think that society would ever be accepting in our liftime?

So the morality kicks in. When does acceptance cross the line of morality?
By morality I mean what is appropriate for society to develope without turning inward on itself.

I will be the 1st to admit. I am a conservative politically, and if I could pass as a female in public I would do so. I personally couldnt care less if gay's want to marry or join the military. As a former active Marine, I say "here's a gun and a guy, go go go"
Point is, why does one need a public barrage of acceptance in order to make change? Now don't read into this, but the last time a society tried to push principles of acceptance to the rest it incited World War 2.
No I am not calling anyone a Nazi. I am asking if the pushing for acceptance is going to cause more harm than good?

Where do we draw the line that separates what we want with what is best?
here is something we can all agree on,
Society as a whole would laugh if a guy with a beard was wearing a dress. But we accept women wearing pants as a norm.
If you were to go way way way way back to a whopping 150 years ago, a woman wearing pants (or knickers as they were so called then) was virtually unheard of. In fact I dont think it was until "womens lib" that started to set things in motion for that to happen. Maybe the 50's?
So. If women can wait, why can't we? Should we?

Hopefully I created some sort of thought provoking stimuli.
Your thoughts welcome.
Kryss