Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why?

Why?

I hope that it's OK for me to post here... Being a MTF, but still a GM... Born that way, ya' know.
    But....
    Every time I look in here, there isn't anyone here. Tonight I saw that there were 9! That's an alltime high that I've seen.

I think that I understand why there are more MTF's vs. FTM's... Women have a lot more to offer!

Anyhoo... Usually there are more of you guys looking as the MTF site than here.

I know the curiousity of all peoples can sometimes be overwhelming... But...

Is it the same thing that I'm thinking...
    My View... Why would anyone want to be a man?

Do you say... Why would anyone want to be a woman?

Come on.... As I've said before on the MTF part....

I need input.......... Number 5 is ALIVE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    I pretty much keep over here and at the clubhouse, although I will check the other forums occasionally, to see if there's anything I find interesting. As for the low numbers, well, there aren't that many of us and we live in different time zones so we're very rarely all here at the same time.

And to answer your other question, yeah, I've got no idea why anyone would choose to be a woman. I personally think that pretty much everything about being female sucks. No offence, it's just my opinion. I know, there are pros and cons to both sides, and to each his/her own. *shrug*
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

No Not A Mistake

"The Grass is Always Greener !"

Don't know why, but I guess they lost the tech manual when I was being built. Because there was a girls heart installed by mistake.

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Yeah, and I've got a boy's brain. I like it, though, and don't plan on taking a trip to Oz anytime soon.

(That's, as in the wonderful Wizard, not... okay, yeah you get it, don't you, you smart people!)

*feels a little silly, must be the lollipop!*
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

I'm sorry if I offended any one here... I just wanted to know if some of the same things that I am experiencing as an MTF are what you are experiencing.
    We are, after all... In the same kinda' "Boat"... (Well... Ok... Maybe a ship.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know I shouldn't post one after another but... As has been said on different areas here, maybe not in so many words... We may have been born one way... But in all reality, well... We're a bit more... understanding?
    We are all individuals, and expression of our inner self really shows just who we really are.
    We can't always really show everyone how we feel inside... I mean really inside! But at least here, we can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There are more MTFs because a bloke puting on a skirt is crossdressing, but a woman puting on trowsers is life. To qualify/identify as FTM, you'd have to be pretty hard-core, as in actually wanting to transition. It uest to be that a woman wereing trousers was crossdressing, and I hope that in the future men wereing dresses will become the norm, but untill then, the numbers will be squewed purelly by definition.

As for why I wana be a man... Think of how good it feels to where brest-forms, or make-up, or anything like that. You know, that feeling of elation because it's just right. That's what I get every time I pack, or put on a tie. And vice-versa, the feeling of 'wrong' I get wereing skirts or nickers is the same a TS MTF would get from, say, a beard. (god, a want a beard... an evill-twin goaty )
    Mentaly unstable like a fox!

Transitional Journal on the FTM transitioning bord: A to B, via T

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...4faf/event.png

Cabin boy/Purser :)
    Haha yeah there are fewer FtM's due to what Josh said about a female-bodied person has to have pretty harcore gender issues to actually even 1) realise they have gender issues and 2) seek help and advice about it! (because it's so normal these days for women to wear "male" clothes/ have "male" traits).

Hence why most FtM's which you see about, who realise/say they are FtMs, are pretty much transexual or nearing it (as opposed to being a crossdresser - of which there are of course many mtf's here which make up the majority of the huge numbers).

Oh btw... the reason we meet here on a "crossdressing" board is because there are relatively very few ftm resources out there and this is a wonderful place for us to meet!
    A more appropriate title for the FtM section would actually be "Female to Male Transgender Section". Of course there is also the transexual forum for us to utilise.

I visit all/most of the boards but I know a lot of ftms just stay here or the clubhouse.

Lol. My body/gender dysphoria aside, I think that being male or female both have their benefits and drawbacks. In equal measures... but the problems/good bits are just different problems/good bits.
    I could have worked that ^ out myself, but I actually know that from experience having spent time as both.

Oh yeah, and as to why I want to be a man. Well my brain is basically male (or mainly male... obviously everyone is a mix of both) and I just feel more comfortable with a male body and rather uncomfortable with my female body. (That's a very simplified version of how I feel lol!)

Sorry if the above doesn't make sense but I just woke up *chuckles*
    Last edited by pocoyo; 03-06-2007 at 08:26 AM.
    I don't need advice on how to be a man. I just am one.

www.dec.org.uk <-- in desperate need of our help.

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

Hrm well I'll answer with more specific (and therefore less likely to be applicable to the other guys) things than has been said so far.
    Advantages to being a man:
    Being more able to lift heavy objects (and people giving me a chance to try rather than just finding a man to do it for me)
    The muscle mass to be able to beat my little brother in a wrestling match again
    Going shirtless
    No more makeup! - SUCH a hassel, I do dislike being obliged to wear it sometimes
    Ties. The most excellent article of atire ever invented
    No peroids. That should be on here about four times.
    The clothes are way cooler and simpler. Life in general is lower maintainence. Same with the hair. (I'm really considering chopping my short and dying it blue...but I'm afraid I'd end up with a white girl's 'fro so I keep not doing it)

Of course, that's just perks. Like you, the reason I want to express my trans nature is that it is who I am. Not all of me is female, and it feels so freeing to put on mens clothes and wander campus that way. It feels right and comfortable. The real reason all of us don clothing of the gender other than how we were born is that we don't match our birth genders completely all the time.
    *laughs* Being bi and andro, people like you fascinate me. Like my one straight guy friend who is so lost as to why anyone would like men. He's just really really straight, as you're really trans. I get the best of every world.

Oh 'nother thought. I'm sure part of it for me (and wouldn't be surprised if part of it for others) is the novelty of getting to be someone new.
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me

Quote Originally Posted by bi_weird View Post
    No peroids. That should be on here about four times.
    Aymen to that!

(btw, washing/drying aside, short hair takes more time and effort than long. Ever since I had mine short, I actually have to do something with it to make it look half way decent)

I've enjoyed all of your replies. I had figured that we all had a bit in common anyway and I've learned a few things too.
    Like being to take my shirt off if I want when I'm out in the yard. It never seemed to be an issue for me, but for you guys I guess that could be kinda revealing.
    But now I'll probably never take my shirt off anymore as my pecs have sagged to the point that I can fill an A cup and don't want people pointing that out on me.

Anyway... Thanks for the insitefull responses. I have always had this burning desire to learn everything I can about everything I can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    btw, washing/drying aside, short hair takes more time and effort than long. Ever since I had mine short, I actually have to do something with it to make it look half way decent)
    I am growing my hair long now so I can do more with it. When I was younger, I had it down just below my shoulders and it wasn't much trouble. Pony-tailed it most of the time. Shampoo went a lot faster then.

When I started cutting my hair because of my profession, it took a while to "train" it to lay the way I wanted, but my hair has a weird curl to it anyway which makes it hard to cut it right too. For me longer is better.

Stylists want to cut my hair wet. Big no no with my hair. It behaves perfectly when wet, and just frizzes afterward.
    A men's barber is a lot better for me as they cut it dry, so you might want to try that sometime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My hair goes weird too, curles in on one side and out on the other (because hair groes in a spiral. Yes, most of the stuff I know is useless). My hair dosn't go 'frizzy' so much as 'wumff' when drying. Used to be that the weight kept it down, now I do a verry good Einstine impresion first thing in the morning (not that the left-in gell helps, or anything...).

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by marie354 View Post
    I hope that it's OK for me to post here... Being a MTF, but still a GM... Born that way, ya' know.
    But....
    Every time I look in here, there isn't anyone here. Tonight I saw that there were 9! That's an alltime high that I've seen.

I know the curiousity of all peoples can sometimes be overwhelming... But...

I need input.......... Number 5 is ALIVE!
    It's a crucible efect. Every man that puts on a skirt and wants to talk about it joins a crossdresser site. Most women that put on pants don't think its worth mentioning. Many FTM's that do post are at the very least thinking of transistioning or heavily researching their gender identity. Thead counts here are about 17,000 MTF to 500 FTM, most of those 17,000 threads are from crossdressers that like womans clothes and would never concider themselvse transgender in any way. If you were to read a site that focus's on transgender issues and have sections for MTF and FTM, the numbers change drasticly and you see threads counts around 350 MTF and 275 FTM.
    The FTM #'s don't change that much but the MTF #'s fall off the scale, still outnumbering FTM but not by much.

So I would say that most of our FTM members have spent alot of nights soul searching who they really are.

~~~~now where did I put that Dental foot extractor?~~~~

I have to say... hair straighteners (especially GHD) are one of the best inventions ever!

YO, yeh you! Please pray for &/or send your positive thoughts and love to Carol. And for Dominic, and Steve, and Karl. Miracles do happen, let's make them! Thank you kind person! And for Tristan's grandad to get better. & lovely Taylor. Pleease.

PLEASE PRAY 4 CAROL'S LAST DAY OF RADIATION TREATMENT TO HAVE WORKED COMPLETELY EXCELLENTLY AND DESTROYED ALL THE BADNESS!! THANK YOU!

awesomeness in a can joshawesome's Avatar
    I have naturally curly hair and hair straighteners work for all of 30 minutes. Once it gets to a certain length, it starts to turn into an afro. I like to keep my hair short. Super short, just so that I don't have to have the fro. Well, that and I like to feel my head a lot when it's cut that short. It feels awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by joshawesome View Post
    I have naturally curly hair and hair straighteners work for all of 30 minutes. Once it gets to a certain length, it starts to turn into an afro. I like to keep my hair short. Super short, just so that I don't have to have the fro. Well, that and I like to feel my head a lot when it's cut that short. It feels awesome.
    There are ways around that, to some degree at least... involving either/and/or.... blowdrying 1st, heat-protection spray, a touch of serum afterwards. Bit of wax/product.
    Plus some straighteners are crappy.

Or u could even try chemically relaxing it should you so desire

MMmm I agree, short hair feels lovely!
    Last edited by pocoyo; 03-06-2007 at 01:33 PM.

I like short hair on me, but I LOVE long hair on women... (bad brain, verry bad brain!)

Quote Originally Posted by marie354 View Post
    I hope that it's OK for me to post here... Being a MTF, but still a GM
    Hey, you're allways welcome this side of the fence. I for one like talking to you bunch, I figure most of us are in a similar place, just moving in the opersit direction.

awesomeness in a can joshawesome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pocoyo View Post
    There are ways around that, to some degree at least... involving either/and/or.... blowdrying 1st, heat-protection spray, a touch of serum afterwards. Bit of wax/product.
    Plus some straighteners are crappy.

Or u could even try chemically relaxing it should you so desire

MMmm I agree, short hair feels lovely!
    I went and had it professionally done. We were there for five hours trying to get it to straighten. My hair is just as stubborn as I am

Long hair on women is hot but short can be too. It all depends on how they wear it. I'm just a fan of women in general.

Bronx, NY, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Galaxy, The Universe
    Why not?

Eh, just couldn't resist!

Welcome to the board Marie ya welcome anytime. I have to agree with Amanda I think us FTM's do a lot of soul searching, I know I definitely do, I question everything. Why do I want to be a man? Because it feels right, I feel comfortable in male mode I feel that's what I am besides that I still have bits I don't want which doesn't help xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Quote Originally Posted by joshawesome View Post
    I went and had it professionally done. We were there for five hours trying to get it to straighten. My hair is just as stubborn as I am
    Haha stubborn hair!!! Aww bless.
    I once had my hair professionally straightened, and it didn't work at all... some of my hair even snapped off!
    But when I found GHD hair straighteners I was soo happy. Now I can have wavy OR straight hair!
    My hair is only wavy/curly though.. not a 'fro... but... they mussst be able to give people with well curly hair straight hair... 'cos they relax black peoples hair all the time! It's probably a stronger formula or something... that's probably what you need.... (if you could be bothered!)

Quote Originally Posted by amanda barber View Post
    It's a crucible efect. Every man that puts on a skirt and wants to talk about it joins a crossdresser site. Most women that put on pants don't think its worth mentioning. Many FTM's that do post are at the very least thinking of transistioning or heavily researching their gender identity. Thead counts here are about 17,000 MTF to 500 FTM, most of those 17,000 threads are from crossdressers that like womans clothes and would never concider themselvse transgender in any way. If you were to read a site that focus's on transgender issues and have sections for MTF and FTM, the numbers change drasticly and you see threads counts around 350 MTF and 275 FTM.
    The FTM #'s don't change that much but the MTF #'s fall off the scale, still outnumbering FTM but not by much.

So I would say that most of our FTM members have spent alot of nights soul searching who they really are.

~~~~now where did I put that Dental foot extractor?~~~~
    This is exactly a point I was trying to make a week ago. The TS elements are probably about equal. Still it is hard to quantify the numbers.

Thanks Amanda
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...

Wow I'd missed amanda's post somehow this morning.

Yeah thats so true.

Haha straightening my hair. I once had it chemically straightened...it made it SLIGHTLY less kinky. I've used a teflon straightener, and that worked but took FOREVER. My hair is just out of control. So I'm really worried about what it'd look like short. Unless I went really short...I dunno.
    I wanna know, can you show me
    I wanna know about these
    strangers like me
    Tell me more, please show me
    Somethings familiar about these strangers like me