Thread: Coming Out?

Coming Out?

I've known ever since I was a little boy that I was different, that inside I was a girl. But for most of that time I surpressed that idea and except for a few incidents when my female persona bubbled to the surface (wearing lipstick, buying my own bra, etc.) I managed to keep my desires a secret, even from myself, and could quickly surpress them again.

A few months ago everything changed. My inner girl broke through again but this time she had a name, Christiane, and this time she is becoming me. This time I want her to stay. Most of all I'm beginning to think of myself as Christiane instead of who I used to be and I don't want to go back. I love being Christiane.

I know I can't keep Christiane a secret from my friends and family for much longer because my need to be her is overwhelming. Is this how the coming out process starts? Am I normal? What happens next?

If you've managed to read this far, thank you.

Love,
    Christiane

Platinum Member
    christiane normal?????????????????because you wear bras ,panttys and skirts, high heels dose that sound normal to you????????????i hope so because it sounds pretty normal to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    one step at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Christiane
    I know I can't keep Christiane a secret from my friends and family for much longer because my need to be her is overwhelming. Is this how the coming out process starts? Am I normal? What happens next?
    Hi Christiane, and Welcome!

Of course you're now in trouble, we have you; you are ours. You'll post often and never want to leave.

Now for the serious side...

Is this how the coming out process starts? It's how it starts for you. It's probably similar for some others, but there's a wide range of experiences. Others will undoubtedly tell you of theirs. You can also search the forum.

Are you normal? Define normal. If you're asking if you are somehow sick, no you are not. Do most people experience what you're currently experiencing? No. You've been given lemons; make lemonade.

What happens next? That's up to you, but I wouldn't rush anything, except posting of course! Around here posting is our sport! Telling family and friends about your inner girl however, isn't a sport and should be done with much caution. Dressing and going out can be dangerous, especially if you aren't prepared.

You're here Sweetie. Take your time and enjoy. Learn, post, ask questions, offer support and advice, and the answers will start to come.

Good luck and again, Welcome!

*HUGGLES*
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

Christiane:
    BELIEVE ME! I know what you're going through.

Just relax and think real heavy about where you want to go with this. When you figure it out, hopefully you'll know then which direction to take it.

Good luck! And be patient with yourself!
    Sharon
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Hi Christiane,

Normal is kind of a relative term in this environment. To me, you are as normal as they come . Because I have walked the same path as you are now doing. One teensy bit of advice I can give ... take it slow.

The desire can be overwhelming. Unfortunately, it also tends to short out all logical thought processes. The old adage of "Revenge is a dish best served cold" tends to apply for me here. Revel and enjoy it as much as you can, but counter that with what you are saying. But don't be afraid to explore this side of you much, much more

You are in the best support area ever! Don't be afraid to ask anything!

Love,
    Vicky
    just strolling along the boardwalk of life!
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    http://www.vickysplace.co.za/

Quote Originally Posted by Christiane
    I've known ever since I was a little boy that I was different, that inside I was a girl. But for most of that time I surpressed that idea and except for a few incidents when my female persona bubbled to the surface (wearing lipstick, buying my own bra, etc.) I managed to keep my desires a secret, even from myself, and could quickly surpress them again.

A few months ago everything changed. My inner girl broke through again but this time she had a name, Christiane, and this time she is becoming me. This time I want her to stay. Most of all I'm beginning to think of myself as Christiane instead of who I used to be and I don't want to go back. I love being Christiane.

If you've managed to read this far, thank you.

Love,
    Christiane
    Hi Christiane and welcome to the forum. I would concur with much of the advice the girls here have already given you. You are emerging now from the cocoon and it is only natural to want to spread those wings and fly. Kind of a corny way to put things I know, but it is really easy to go overboard the other way. Are you normal? Probably within the same context that any of us here are. To those who are not CD's or TG's? Oh nooooo. That is why you need to slow down a little before announcing and showcasing yourself to an unsuspecting world. Understand that there will always be those who will never accept it...maybe even some who are very near and dear to you. Something you need to at least think about a little. Not everyone can just say eff it to anyone who might not like the new you. Not trying to dampen your enthusiasm here by any means...just want you to proceed slowly and deliberately. Maybe open up some dialog on the subject if possible with others close to you to gauge their feelings about it. You certainly have a wonderful resource here to draw on for experience and advice. Most of us have already been where you are now. It's good to have you here with us and I hope things will all work out for the best for you in the future.

Love,
    Christine Renee

Julie
    Christiane, Stephanie has given you very sound advice in her post. Do as she says and hang around here a while, I promise you, things will become clearer and you will eventually be more sure about what you want to do.

JJ

Smile coming out

just want to re-itterate the advice the other girls have given you.slow down,stay on focused at this site,learn what others have experienced,practise your make-up,style of dress,deportment.all this will make it easier for others to accept the new you, if you show up confident,beautiful,stylish,self-assured.best of luck.enjoy

Christiane, welcome to the forum, and as the other girls have said, take your time, consider your actions and their consequences. Practice being the new you, learn about being a girl, and try to truly examine your motives and feelings.

We're all here to be a friend and listen to you. Share your feelings, post your questions, and don't be in such a rush.

Love,
    Jenna

Quote Originally Posted by Teddie
    Yes, the eyebrows need a little work. And, the lips could be fuller. I'm also seeing a bit of a beard shadow, but that may be the camera bring that out. You could get an arch to the eyebrows, thus opening your eyes up more, by using the wig cap/tape trick like what Genevieve mentioned http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=3053 And, a touch more eye makeup, but not too much. But, you do look very nice.
    Hi Teddie!

Did we have a blonde moment? Should this have been for Rachel Jean's thread, "Need an honest opinion..."?
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

Welcome Christine

After many years of not being able to express my femme side for family reasons, I am now in the lucky position of having no restraits on what I do.

At the present time Katie is in control and I'm spending a fortune building up her wardrope (and I'm having great fun doing it) and I want everyone to know about her. However as all the other girls have adviced I'm not rushing it, I want Katie to settle down before I think of coming out, I went through a very bad time with my ex because of Katie and it cost me my marriage.

Don't rush into anything yet with Christine she is on a high now but equally there will come a time when she will be down. Use this site as a support and advice arm until you know what you really to do in the cold light of day.

Hope this helps

Amelie
    what is normal? i am the only normal one here. So if you read my posts, you can't go wrong. LOL

You will get good advise here, but it is you that is steering the ship. Everyone here can bail out, but it is you that will go down with this ship. So you must weigh everything carefully. There is no rush, think of all the pros and cons. Then decide what is right for you.
    You must understand there can be hardships to coming out and you must be pepared to deal with these problems. I have only my Mom and Dad, everyone else in my family has abandoned me. I chose to come out, now I must accept this situation. I am not saying this will happen to you, but you must be prepared for the worse or it can be devastating.
    It is your decission, I hope all the best for you.
    Love Amelie