Thread: Alternative to shaving your face?

Alternative to shaving your face?

Hi girls,

Here's my dilemma... I've been out as Sherry many times, but never for more than one night. I ** desperately ** want to advance a step and be out for, say, a whole weekend or a few days. But my ancestry is eastern European, and my facial hair always come in thick, heavy, and fast, no matter how carefully I shave.

I've tried Nair designed for the face, etc., with no luck.

This next statement may be unpopular here but it's the truth: the vast majority of the time I am perfectly happy as my male and "normal" self, so options like electrolysis etc. are NOT an option for me. But of course Sherry wants to be as feminine as possible when she goes out.

So, to my question... what's the best option if I want a smooth face for a few days at a time? Getting a close shave the day after I just had a close shave is hard enough in guy mode, and I find it's nearly impossible the morning after wearing makeup.

I've finally worked up the courage to expand my fantasy life to days, not individual nights, and would hate to not pull it off because of this logistical matter.

Help me anyone? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry_CD_NJ
    So, to my question... what's the best option if I want a smooth face for a few days at a time?
    Sorry to say: There is no way !!! except you dare to epilate. But I think this is nasty (don't want to try it) and your skin will be longer irritaded than your hair doesn't grow back.
    Laser, electrolysis or shaving. That are your options. (or a lady with a beard - why not ?)

Sherry, well being happy with your male side isn't unpopular with everybody here <grin>. And if you find out how to stop hair from growing for a weekend, youl be rich!! Hehehe. You could use an epilator on your face or waxing and that would work for an extended period of time but be prepared for lots of ingrown hairs when they grow back in. I did an experiment with plucking and although some of the hair didn't grow back in, some did and others started to grow!! So when I'm out enfemme for more than an evening I just get used to shaving a couple times a day. Morning and afternoon. Its a pain but unless you go the laser or electrolosis.... And why is that not an option? I'd think never having to shave again would be just as appealing for a male as it would be a crossdresser!! Something to think about!!

And if you find that hair retarder, I want in on the ground floor!! Hehehe

Love Karren
    Last edited by Karren H; 06-23-2006 at 12:04 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Smile i found the issue...ah ah ah

a few years ago it happened i lost some hair after a great stress...my beard, hair and eyebrows stopped to grow and also i lost some eyebrows....then my beard began to grow again (hair and eyebrows also)but white....but it remained some black beard...i had a little black moustache under the nose like hitler!!!
    so i had one thing to do: depile the black hairs...the first time it was a bit hurting, but i finally depiled it all with a large grip i made with a piece of metal...no irritation at all, in the opposite my flesh is more smooth than ever...i do not shave my face anymore, i depile once a week...you can't imagine how well i feel with a smooth face...wow!!!
    to others i said that my beard has stopped growing...and they did not care anymore..

all is OK....

I don't know if this would work but what if you did a limited number of laser treatments? From what I understand each time you do a laser treatment you get, at most, 1/3 of the hair follicles in the area that was covered. I'm thinking the idea would be to thin out your facial hair so that shaving is more tolerable, as opposed to the permanent solution of total electrolysis.

Has anyone out there done this? Tried a limited laser treatment to reduce the burden of dealing with heavy hair growth?

Erica
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Banned Read only

When I was young....er

Back in my twenties I took advantage of being pretty stoned on percadan (I have my wisdom teeth out, ok!!??) and had my face waxed. It still hurt alot, and the estetician wouldn't touch my moustachje, but It was terrific to avoid shaving for that week and really do some great dressing. My beard is thicker now, probably would hurt like 100X more.
    I tried bleaching my beard once before shaving and that worked on the shadow really well. The stubble came in whitened, BUT test first, because putting makeup over freshly bleached, or Naired skin can irritate.
    Colourstay foundation covers best for me.

I can go pretty much all day and into the night without having to reshave. even the next morning my beard is very light. Mostly because the hair that comes out is mostly white. It helps too that I am part American Indian.

I have been thinking about the laser treatments, but have been told that if you have silver or white hair, that the laser will not kill off the hairs. Don't know if electrolysis has the same problem or not.

JoAnn is right.
    We have someone at our clinic that does laser treatments. I finally got up the nerve to ask about having it done. They told me since most of my beard is white that it will not work. Didn't tell me why but they told me not to waist my money.

I usually find that not shaving for a couple of days prior to dressing gives a much closer and longer lasting smoothness. Kids, the worlds greatset form of contraception, limit my dressing, so planning in advance is not a problem.
    Also find Derma Blend from Charles Fox a good cover up.
    If the skirt fits, wear it

I agree with Karen, why is permanent removal not an option? I would expect that you have the Fred Flintstone 5 o'clock shadow around noon with you description. Just tell everyone that you were tired of it and wanted to look like the other white pastey northern european types (me).

I've started electrolysis on the dark hairs as 75% of mine is white now. It makes quite a difference to get rid of the dark ones. The white ones are not very visible at all when they're under the skin. I think I could have the dark gone by Christmas. Course, it will take a year or more after that to get all those pesky white one.

Good luck!

Sally

Banned Read only
    Deep South, the land of Magnolia trees, Mint Juleps on the verandah ,hoop skirts & antebellum homes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trissia
    a few years ago it happened i lost some hair after a great stress...my beard, hair and eyebrows stopped to grow and also i lost some eyebrows....then my beard began to grow again (hair and eyebrows also)but white....but it remained some black beard...i had a little black moustache under the nose like hitler!!!
    so i had one thing to do: depile the black hairs...the first time it was a bit hurting, but i finally depiled it all with a large grip i made with a piece of metal...no irritation at all, in the opposite my flesh is more smooth than ever...i do not shave my face anymore, i depile once a week...you can't imagine how well i feel with a smooth face...wow!!!
    to others i said that my beard has stopped growing...and they did not care anymore..

all is OK....
    Ole man Webster failed me on the word "depile"....what does it mean?

what is depile

all is OK....
    what is depile ?
    I'm a blonde and sorry I think we just need to learn that we will shave...Maybe a little more makeup will cover a few hours more
    Dee Dee

Dee Dee

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Oh dear this is certainly one of the thorns in my side. I wish I didn't have to shave my face. I have spent quite a few years (and quite a few dollars/pounds) having my body waxed so I only have to shave my legs (yes, I'm not being professionally waxed any more) once a week. But my chin I have thought about laser treatment but I have fairly light colored ginger hair (when I had hair!) and so I'm not sure if laser zapping will work for me.

All I can say Sherry, is if you find the holy grail of facial hair removal, let me know, I'm up for it!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee 1062
    what is depile ?
    I'm a blonde and sorry I think we just need to learn that we will shave...Maybe a little more makeup will cover a few hours more
    I presume it is the verb form of depilator, the noun describing the mean little device that pulls your hairs out by their frickin' roots and hurts, and makes your face red, but gets rid of miserable rotten little hair follicles for ever. I think. Maybe.

Dear Krysten...

...i suppose they told you that laser does not work with white beard, because laser is somehow concentrated infra-red ray...the aim of laser ray is to conduct the heat all along the hair right to the root and burn it definitely....but white beard can not conduct the heat and also it don't absorbe it...as a mirror would do....

that's why laser does not work on white hair..

i hope you can understand my english ah ah ah....

While it won't eliminate facial hair, using Aveeno Shaving Cream( with the green label --there are several varieties) has helped soften my beard and make shaving much easier.
    I stopped using it for a few weeks and tried the new Fusion shaving cream to go with the Fusion razor and quickly notice a difference. It takes a while to see the benefit but with continued use some minimization of your beard does occur. I notice it most in the morning when I get up and look in the mirror. Clearly less beard growth than with other shaving creams -----but ITS STILL THERE !!!
    If anyone finds a real beard retarder let me know. I want to rush out and buy stock in that company.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    When I was in "Wally World" a few months back, looking for some "Greecian formula" I saw something called "shaving powder" (what?) I read the lable and discovered that its mixed with water to form a paste, and spread on the face---and apparently dissolves the beard, eliminating the need to shave (with a razor)

Further ireading revealed that it is intended for BLACK guys who are plagued with INGROWN hairs that make razor shaving difficult.

As far as I know, this stuff is the only cream or chemical made to remove male facial hair---I hear that Nair and other body hair removal products dont work on the male face.---I've NOT tried it yet, but this "Shaving Powder " thing MIGHT be something to look into,

Edge Gell for Gurls

[QUOTE=jennylou]I usually find that not shaving for a couple of days prior to dressing gives a much closer and longer lasting smoothness. Kids, the worlds greatset form of contraception, limit my dressing, so planning in advance is not a problem.

I agree with Jenny I don't need to shave but every other day now because I have tried the same method. Besides blades are expensive and they last longer by not shaving every day.

but white beard can not conduct the heat and also it don't absorbe it...that's why laser does not work on white hair..
    Does anyone know whether if you dye the beard it will conduct the laser down to the root and zap it? My facial hair is only about 20% dark now and I'd love to zap it all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teresa,

They're working on any number of improvements to the laser systems right now but the old relaible is still the way to go. Electrolysis is still the only "permanent" method of removing hair, especially facial hair. I researched it alot before I started and found almost no real problems with electrolysis. Laser is another thing. There can be a return of the hair after 2 years and there can be residue of the hair left under the skin that is very hard to remove. Also, skin type is very critical for laser. I think eventually they will find methods that will make laser the dream that it could be. If you read the fine print at any of the laser places, you will find that the big promises they make in bold headlines are modified by their disclaimers of performance.

Sally

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee 1062
    what is depile ?

Depile.PROFESSIONAL PARAFFIN SYSTEM
    Depileve has developed the paraffin therapy as a deep moisturizing, skin conditioning treatment, easy to apply and delightful to receive. Paraffin works as a sealant that traps in heat and moisture, opening up the pores, like a mini-sauna. It increases the blood supply to the skin, providing a healthy appearance. The full ranges of products are designed to complement the therapeutic effect of paraffin while enhancing its cosmetic results.

Seem that it does not take out hair.

Am a blond and do not have much but hate to shave and forget all the time.
    Kids complain when I kiss them. Would like a way to get rid of my face hair without shaving, and not one of the medieval torture devices that pull the hair out by the roots which is not permanent!