Thread: Best Attire For a "Femme Fourth?"

Best Attire For a "Femme Fourth?"

Well, let's see, I haven't had much luck lately coming up with a topic we can all enjoy, but I hope I can raise my batting average a little with a thread where we can "bat around" ideas for July 4th outfits to make our own "fireworks," as it were! I've attached a pic of a sequined platform sandal, which you've probably seen on a hundred sites that offer 6" heels, and I'm sure we'd all agree it's one of the best, as far as patriotic styles go, to put your "best foot forward," so to speak! (Come to think of it, it would also be a great one to point one foot out to the side while you're standing around talking, like I see GGs do!) Seriously, though, I'm curious to see what comes to mind as an outfit to go with it. The sexiest one would probably be a swimsuit, either a bikini or a one-piece, in a patriotic print, which might be all right at a pool party! Of course, for other events, like parades, cookouts, concerts and fireworks, along with whatever everyday activities there might be in between, we'd probably want something a little more practical. If we could pretend for a minute that we've all got a pair of those flag sequin platform sandals, I'd like to see what you think would go with them the best. Here are a few ideas that I hope will show some, well, "independent" thinking for the holiday!

SHORT SKIRTS: Mini-skirt, or a pleated red, white or blue tennis or cheerleader skirt, with a short-sleeve blouse or tank top - maybe even a crop top, if you're bold enough to show a little midriff! As an added bonus, a short skirt would be more fun with patriotic pettipants underneath.

DRESSES: Red, white, or blue, or a combination of all those colors. Maybe even a patriotic square dance or clogging dress, like this. Again, the ruffled patriotic pettipants would serve well!

PANTS: Full-length slacks, blue jeans, or maybe capris, leggings, or whatever they're called this week! They'd go with a wide variety of blouses, tank tops, camis, T-shirts, or what have you.

SHORTS: Hot pants, Daisy Dukes, etc., again, with whatever tops you like best.

Have I left anything out? Let me know what you think of these or other ideas you may have. We don't have much time to shop between now and the 4th, but I'm sure there'll be another one next year! Besides, who says that's the only day we can wear all this stuff? Anyway, I hope all of you have a great Fourth of July, and remember...

[SIZE="4"]...if you drink a fifth on the 4th, you may have trouble going forth on the 5th![/SIZE]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry for sounding presumptuous!

Since nearly two hundred people have viewed this thread and nobody has replied to it, I thought I should follow-up with an apology for what probably seemed like a bit of a presumption in the first post. It might have sounded like I assumed everyone on this site was American. For those of you in or from other countries, I'm certainly sorry if it came out that way. Tomorrow happens to be our national holiday, and I'm sure you understand I couldn't pass up a chance to start a thread that goes along with it! As CDs, I think many of the things we want are the same things Americans celebrate on the 4th - freedom, liberty, etc. - and for us, it's just in a little bit different context! One of the basic tenets of our Declaration of Independence is "the pursuit of happiness," and I think we fit in there somewhere too! That's pretty much the spirit in which I'd hoped this thread would come across! Again, I hope all of you have a terrific July 4th, and that goes for whomever or wherever you may be!

how about this?
    Last edited by DanaJ; 07-04-2006 at 06:20 AM. Reason: image removed, no hotlinking allowed

Very nice, vcute, thanks! If we could get her to swap the boots for the sequined platform mules, I'm sure they'd go with the outfit just as well! Not quite sure if they'd be handy for whatever it is she's doing, but it'd be pretty hard to beat the look, that's for sure!

Happy 4th!

Hey Eric/a, no problem. The rest of the world knows about the 4th of July. In Canada, we celebrated on July 1st. No revolution, just a century of polite negotiation. Then another 130 years of constitutional ammendments. Canadians can be a bit smug about not being revolutionary. Not always justified.
    Anyway, the red, white and blue are also, of course, the colours of the British flag and the French flag. Jefferson, Washington and all the signatories to the Declaration were British gentry, pissed off British Gentry, but not sufficiently po'd to reject honour, courage, and virtue (or honesty) . The concept of Liberty was popularized during the French revolution. Not to rain on anyone's parade, but, in the overall ranking of despots and dictators, George III was an absolute pussy cat. Doesn't take much to get Americans riled up, does it?
    In grade school, as a senior boy, I was one of two given the honour of raising and lowering the flag, which, at the time, was the Union Jack. I am still a bit anal about flag protocol. After JFK's funeral, we practiced folding the flag until we could do it just like the US Marine Corps. Just wasn't the Stars and Stripes. Didn't matter. Same side.
    July 1st, July 4th, we are all family. Like any family, we can really iritate each other, but, when push comes to shove, we are there for each other. Hope you had a great Independance Day.

On The Fourth Of July

Why appologise Erica we are who we are Americans, it's time for us to shine on this day. And that goes double for US because we are ALL sisters no matter where we are from.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Carter
    Why appologise Erica we are who we are Americans, it's time for us to shine on this day. And that goes double for US because we are ALL sisters no matter where we are from.
    Right, joy! Come to think of it, things have happened in other parts of the world that go along with the idea too. For instance, you could say we're trying to "break down a wall," so to speak, and I guess you folks in Germany know about that in a more literal sense than most of us do!

Smile Red White & Blue

Hey Ladies,

Check out my thread "Got Colors?" in the "Picture Gallery"

Paula
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE="1"]Member: Diablo Valley Girls[/SIZE]

For the fourth I simply wore a blue denim skirt, a white sleeveless top and I tied my hair back in a ponytail with a red ribbon.

Hugs
    Hey this is me....it's who I am.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks
    outside, dreams. Who looks inside awakens.

-- Carl Gustav Jung

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Ma'am, You can wear the pants in the family....may i wear the dress.

for the fourth, I was just me....DeeDee
    Dee Dee