Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In a predicament

You really need to ask?

Well I can only speak for myself Karren, but it is a no brainer around here in my household, FAMILY always comes first... dad and Ava a distant second... There will always be other opportunities to dress, but time waits for nobody when it comes to the fleeting years of youth...

Cheers
    Ava

Take your son time with him is more assential I'd put my boy before dressing and have.
    Angie G.

Banned Read only
    Who am I to disagree, particularly when I taught both my boys to drive when they were about 12. (rual Iowa, different world) besides, what is the other option? Let your wife teach him???????????????? Some things should be left to the male parts.

I say (A) just kidding my veto is BBBBBBBBB
    &

"I've lived life on both side now, from win and lose, and still somehow it's life's illusions i recall.
    I really don't know life at all "

Rickie

Hi Karen, It's BJ again, If you leave that boy home, you'll be on everbodies S list, so please don't disappoint us. Take your son with you. Even if you can't take him down in the mines. He can still wait for you at a motel. Then you two can have some time together. That is more important than gurl time. I was there for all 3 of my girls, but I wished I had a boy. Please don't disappoint me. We all look up to you. Do the right thing....BJ

Aspiring Member
    This is your typical tranny dilemma. Feeling guilty about not doin’ the right thing. Trouble is sometimes the right thing is the wrong thing.

I’ve seen the Goofy Movie.

If your teen son is anything like my teen daughter the last thing on Earth he wants to do is spend ‘quality' extended time with Dad driving around. If you take him you’ll be grumpy there and back – and he’ll be wishing he was hanging out with his grilfriend or mates. And – I’m not sure that this is the best way to get driving experience.

Do both of you a favour – knock it on the head – and work out an alternative.

Fiona xx
    Last edited by FionaAlexis; 07-05-2006 at 02:26 AM.

Do the Father Son thing.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Dear Karren..This a no brainer .. Be a DAD, for you son..
    Good luck, to you both! love ya!
    Melora!

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Do the parent thing.

Then feel good about your worthy self-sacrifice and find a way to reward yourself appropriatly!

Easy answer and you already knew it! Go with your son. They grow up too fast and you'd give all you could to spend time with him if he wasn't there.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

Why was this thread even started? You have said in post after post here that family comes first, and now you have to start a thread to ask us what you should do?? Really - even asking this shows that you are having a hard time controling your CDing....
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Does everyone not get it? She isnt asking what she should do because she is obviously gonna bring her son along. She is trying to make us think about how we would act under the same circumstances. Since i dont have kids i cant really comment but Im sure id take my kid. I just gotta learn to drive myself first :P

Ducking The Arrows

Karren, why not do both? giggle
    Share the driving, then check into your motel. Change into Karren and take your son out to dinner.

Ok, I'm ducking now!

What I would do

Bite the bullet Karr. Enjoy having your Son with you. I know you have quality time with your kids but believe me, before you know it they've grown and flown. My oldest is 31 and my youngest is 24. I'm a granny and it just ain't the same. Enjoy 'em while they are there, I say. Ericka

Platinum Member
    wow i would have never posted that at all ....omg like you have to ask abought this choise??? I love my Wendy time for shure .... my sons are grown and on their own ... and even now thay still want to spend time with their dad ....and thats a good thing .... and i love to do things with them ....

to be shure the day i have to even think abought Wendy time or time with my sons ....... that would be the day that i would lock Wendy away for good ....

now if your realy honest abought this you need to step back and take a good look at all this and rethink abought what you are doing and were you are going ......

and if you made this thread up "just to see how people would respond" shame on you do you realy need to be the center of the class that bad??????????

Gold Member
    A no brainer here take the boy with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy me
    wow i would have never posted that at all ....omg like you have to ask abought this choise??? I love my Wendy time for shure .... my sons are grown and on their own ... and even now thay still want to spend time with their dad ....and thats a good thing .... and i love to do things with them ....

to be shure the day i have to even think abought Wendy time or time with my sons ....... that would be the day that i would lock Wendy away for good ....

now if your realy honest abought this you need to step back and take a good look at all this and rethink abought what you are doing and were you are going ......

and if you made this thread up "just to see how people would respond" shame on you do you realy need to be the center of the class that bad??????????
    Hmmmmm.....Now I have no reason to do that, Wendy......I'll email you pics of the trip if you like?

But I'm surprised at the lopsidedness here and I did say that I thought I knew what I was going to do and I do side with the Family First group.... Always have and always will.. Just wanted to see where the pack trended..

And since my son just installed a set of 1000 watt subwoofers in his car, I'll probably be deaf by the time I return from the trip!!! LOL

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

[SIZE=4]Hi Karen,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Does your son REALLY want to do this or is it just your missus arranging things for you? If he really wants to go then you don't have a choice, in a few years he won't be wanting to do anything with you. He'll have a family of his own and they will come first and quite rightly so.[/SIZE]

Well, Karren,
    As a father with a son headed to Iraq and a daughter on the opposite coast, I would take the time with your son. Life is just too short to miss these special times.
    Susann
    Susann_Gardener

Karren, Just wanted to see where the pack trended..(Quote)

You are so bad,hope your panties pinch your little bum.

Hope you really enjoyed your time with your boy times goes by so quickly one day babies next thing they are bringing there kids over to spend time with the old folks.

Veronica

Lingerie is the poetry in a womans closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Toni
    [SIZE=4]Hi Karen,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Does your son REALLY want to do this or is it just your missus arranging things for you? If he really wants to go then you don't have a choice, in a few years he won't be wanting to do anything with you. He'll have a family of his own and they will come first and quite rightly so.[/SIZE]
    He actually wants to go....he still remembers the mine trip to Mousie,KY 3 years ago. And he still wonders why all the schools have barbed wire around them? Keep criminals out or students in? Hehehe. I don't know that one either.

Love Karren

.......My Photos

I would say take your son with ya hun u also have to look at it from his point of view that your job isnt the safest one out there he may have some fears that could possibly be put to rest by talking to him about your work during your time spent with him

Quote Originally Posted by DanaJ
    Why was this thread even started? You have said in post after post here that family comes first, and now you have to start a thread to ask us what you should do?? Really - even asking this shows that you are having a hard time controling your CDing....
    Well I thought it was an appropriate question to pose, to see how everyone felt. Had already made up my mind to take my son, no brainer! I actually thought it not be so lopsided but then again maybe the ones that would dress didn't post after they saw the trend. And maybe I'm just stupid to ask or maybe it was the polyeurothane fumes....spent the 4th refinishing our old oak floors, or both. Lol. Guess if I was that out of control I'd be out dressing instead of working around the house. Hehehe

Love Karren

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    I just love this sort of glib forum advice and the automatic conclusion without any further information that there is only one right and proper option.

Fiona xx

Proud Wife of Danielle65 Anita Mae GG's Avatar
    Massachusetts (on the Connecticut border)
    Quote Originally Posted by DanaJ
    Thank you Dana!!!
    When I first read this thread I was STEAMED! How selfish to contemplate picking CDing over your own child. To have to even ASK what you should do Karren is disturbing to me. NOTHING should take presidence over your OWN CHILDREN........NOTHING. I'm sure Karren will live just fine by staying home this time and letting the boy go with you.

You now say you had already made up your mind before starting this thread? Then why start it? To stir up a hornets nest? I don't get it!
    Last edited by Anita Mae GG; 07-05-2006 at 07:29 AM.

To dream of the person you would like to be is a waste of the person you are.