Thread: I think I've been unfaithful...

I think I've been unfaithful...

No, not like that! (breathe Vicky! ) My boyfriend and I are still perfectly happy, I mean a different kind of unfaithful...

You may all remember that I've also claimed to be a 'shoe girl'?... Well, the other day, I was in one of our department stores over here, and I didn't look at a single shoe, but I did end up drooling over these: www.olgaberg.com.au - there's some absolutely beautiful ones in there in the Evening section (top right on the first page, with the wrapped strap, mmmmm!), and boyfriend is coming shopping with me next week (when he gets here for his holiday, hurrah! Miss him so much!), and encouraging me, I've decided

How many do you think I need, and how many more than that do you think I should buy?....

Anyone else see anything particularly beautiful lately (and did you buy it?). Come on, tell us all girls!!!
    Life is not about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself

Waaaahhh

All I want is some sweet little slingbacks or pumps with a 2" heel. But I need an 11 (UK 8?), which rules out the discount stores, and I don't want to pay $150 or something.

Last edited by Rachel Ann; 12-02-2004 at 07:01 AM.
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

Yeah, I'm a UK 8, and it's hell finding things to fit. Which means that if I do happen to find a shoe that fits, I buy it, pretty much regardless of price. So it's kind of a blessing that I don't find many that fit!!!

And to top that off, I have non-skinny legs (they're not at all fat, and don't even look muscley, but they are quite muscled. Thankfully in proportion with the rest of me, and look nicely shapely ), so finding fmbs (knee high boots, f--- me boots) is nigh on impossible

But having now discovered handbags, which of course fit everyone, I think I'm in trouble....

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    I have a rule of thumb... You can never have enough shoes!
    xxoo
    Jennifer

I didn't find an evening section. The top right shoe in the shoes section was:

So what'd I do wrong?
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Ann
    All I want is some sweet little slingbacks or pumps with a 2" heel. But I need an 11 (UK 8?), which rules out the discount stores, and I don't want to pay $150 or something.

Rachel.

I've gotten a few pair at newportnews for about $30 to $50, depending on whether they're leather or man-made. And they always seem to have specials going on. And almost everything they have comes in 11's.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Talking Good grief!

Quote Originally Posted by Lily_gg
    No, not like that! (breathe Vicky! ) My boyfriend and I are still perfectly happy, I mean a different kind of unfaithful...
    Lily! You almost had my heart stopped for a moment! Don't DO that!!

Hmm, I see what you mean about the wrapped handle on that. I don't really know how many you would need . I only bought some classic ones in various sizes in black the other day. Not that they have been used yet

I am a UK9 myself. Our shops all go to UK8! Grrr. But there is this one store www.green-cross.co.za that has VERY comfortable shoes and a few do go up to a 9 . Bought a nice pair there the other day!

Love,
    Vicky
    just strolling along the boardwalk of life!
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    http://www.vickysplace.co.za/

Julie
    I'd do anything to be a UK8 then searching for shoes would be much easier, being a UK10 my High Street shopping for shoes is limited.

JJ

Hi Lily,
    I was scared to open this post!! You gave us such a start!

Anyway, which? All of them..... well a girl can dream?!

What got me was the nice Summer 04- 05 collection banner, it's freezing fog and salt all over the roads here...brrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm missing the December trip I made to Vicky's part of the world last year!
    Can we all come over for a holiday????

Love Fiona xxxxx

Rachel, not sure if there is a Discount Shoe Warehouse near you but they are great for finding sive 11 shoes. They even have stickers on boxs highlighting their hard to find sizes. But you can check their website to see if they have a store near you, http://www.dswshoe.com/

Grace

Thank you, Grace!

There is one in San Francisco and one in San Jose. No online catalog but I'll just go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie J
    I'd do anything to be a UK8 then searching for shoes would be much easier, being a UK10 my High Street shopping for shoes is limited.
    JJ
    I'm not 100% confident in the the chart that says I'm a UK8 - I might be a 9. I'm a US 11, many stores here only go up to 10.
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 12-03-2004 at 04:41 PM.
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

I've found eBay to be very good when looking for shoes,
    It helps that i'm a aus 9.5 ladies.

Go on call me a bitch
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT
    I didn't find an evening section. The top right shoe in the shoes section was:

So what'd I do wrong?
    Ah, I was looking in the evening bags section, hence the 'unfaithful' - a shoe girl ignoring shoes, and going straight for bags, is the world still turning?!!!

Oh, and Vicky & Fiona - sorry, can you ever forgive me? *innocent puppy dog eyes*

And d'oh! Had a look at the website you mentioned Vicky (bf is a UK 9ish), and got all excited when they mentioned stockists in East London, but I'm guessing by the phone numbers it's not THE London in the UK?...

Not that he needs spoiling any more - I've been chrissie pressie shopping for him - he now has a selection of cosmetics (mostly Clinique freebies, but they're really generous with their freebies - proper eyeshadow quad with mini mascara, full size lippie, dinky lip gloss etc), a blue & silver ring, dangly silver earrings (got to switch the pierced bits for clip on bits that I bought the other day) and I'm trying to make a decision on the rest of it - thoughts on a little metal lockable make up box? He said his make up bag got squished and an eyeshadow exploded everywhere, so I thought that wouldn't happen with this, plus it'd give him a little 'security' from housemates' prying eyes... And then maybe some nail varnish and a good eyeshadow brush (a must have!).

Thoughts please girls?

Sounds like a lovely pressie Lily!
    Quality make-up, a nice bag to keep it in and best of all, proper brushes- perfect!
    Love
    Fiona

Its ok for you lot !!! I'm a uk size 12 and its a nightmare looking for shoes !!!

ooooo and boots !

That is a good headline it got my attention straight away, glad, it was only about shoes.

I'm lucky I take a uk7 and most mail order catalogues have that size so I am able to get mine from that source. I did see that a lot of shoes go to uk8 so you may be lucky getting some that way.

Hope that helps