Thread: hardware store

hardware store

Lately I've been talking myself into and out of buying the things needed to pass as a guy during the summer. (I've had guys pants for ages 'cause it's easier to get them in my size but there's now way I'm wearing pants in the summer.) Well yesterday I went to the hardware store and that's got me convinced to go shopping. I didn't think about the image I was presenting, just that I needed wood and a hack saw. Showed up in a strappy tank top and short shorts...and had every guy working there stopping by at thirty second intervals: "Excuse me miss, can I help you find something?" Gah no! Next time I'm coming as a boy!
    What was sad was that my project wasn't even something big and impressive. I needed supplies to build a new hideaway for my guinea pigs...

Aspiring Member
    "Thirty second intervals: "Excuse me miss, can I help you find something?""

Yeah it's those guys that give the rest of a bad rap. Unfortunately it's just the way the world is. From what I hear, women generally get ignored in electronic stores and of course the infamouse car lots / repair. My wife brought her car into the dealer regarding an issue with a recent repair. The manager came to talk to us and he immediately started to talk to me about the issue. I of course refered him to my wife.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    That sucks.