Thread: Sports - Girly one's that is!

Sports - Girly one's that is!

[SIZE=3]This weekend, I have visited sports centres as my Psyche and Doc told me to get involved in the social scene via sport as part of my emotional 'recovery' process after depression, not to mention the benefits of physical exercise.

I used to be very active in sports when I was younger, but the old body can't handle the tougher sports anymore! I have to be careful what I choose, and I asked about activities for the over 30's (and i'm over 40!). I wanted to swim laps which is an ok option, wanted to play basketball which is a no go, but I was referred to a mixed Netball competition (a similar game in many ways).

Netball is generally a female only game here in Australia, but sports centres usually offer mixed comps to boost team numbers. Well, I thought, perhaps I can give this a try. Playing with girls in a team sport sounds good to me although I don't even know the rules of the game. The next competition starts on Oct 2nd, so it gives me time to prepare.

After going to the sports centre, I went to the shopping mall as I'll need a new pair of sports shoes and shorts. I have selected and ordered a pair of womens runners specifically designed for netball would ya believe? I also checked out ladies shorts too and will buy them next weekend after payday. So i'll be pretty much femme clothed playing a womens game!

The only thing that may ruin my plans is that I work on the opposite side of town from the sports centre and since I use public transport, I don't know if my connections will get me to the sports centre on time for the start of play. I hope so!

btw, I think my Doc and Shrink are trying to get me hitched! They are always talking about '... when you meet a nce girl', '...you'll find love again soon' and similar things. I know it's their job to give me encouragement in these matters, but they seem deterimined to get me into a relationship! I think my comment's like '...I'll never trust another woman in love again' and '...I've missed my chance to have a large family' have them very motivated!
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love And Devotion To My Online Family

I'm outa the closet, but still inda house!

wanna be
    Hi clare,
    Here in America, they always say things like; Never say never, crazier things have happened, life has its upsand downs and happiness is around the corner. So, perhaps the docs are just trying to get you think more positively. You know - think good things and good things happen.

Now Get out there and kick some netball ass!! hehe
    [SIZE="4"]Gina - Girl[/SIZE]