Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair Removal- A Caution

Exclamation Hair Removal- A Caution

Hi Girls, I have been reading posts about shaving, and thought I'd try Nair for men as it seemed to work for some of you. Thankfully I read the warning before I slathered it all over! I tried a spot on my chest as that is where the hair is heaviest. It started to burn after a couple of minutes, but I left it on for the 4 that they recommend then wiped it off. Major irritation, and it really didn't do a thing to the hair. Back to the razor for me. Does a good job, and besides, when I shave, I find that I feel very femme. Just thought I'd pass that on. Love and xxxx, Lily

I had the same problem with all the depilatory creams......except I'm tooooo dumb to read the instructions!!! Ouchhhhhhhh

Love Karren
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Yea Stacie is not my real
    Try Veet for sensitive skin, I found it works for my chest and my skin is very sensitive. But remember to moisturize daliy also.

Quote Originally Posted by stacie
    Try Veet for sensitive skin, I found it works for my chest and my skin is very sensitive. But remember to moisturize daliy also.
    Tried it, the hair just lays there and laughs!!!!! And I thought my wife was stuborn! hehe

Love Karren

.......My Photos

My husband tried the Nair for men that was for his face, BIG mistake, his face turned red and burned for a couple hours....i dont think he read the directions either LOL

Even though there are dipliatory creams that say they are for men, none are for use on men's faces. The hair there is just too coarse and more dense than anywhere else, plus it is pretty sensitive skin. I also learned the hard way - no Nair on the face!
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lilygirl
    Hi Girls, I have been reading posts about shaving, and thought I'd try Nair for men as it seemed to work for some of you. Thankfully I read the warning before I slathered it all over! I tried a spot on my chest as that is where the hair is heaviest. It started to burn after a couple of minutes, but I left it on for the 4 that they recommend then wiped it off. Major irritation, and it really didn't do a thing to the hair. Back to the razor for me. Does a good job, and besides, when I shave, I find that I feel very femme. Just thought I'd pass that on. Love and xxxx, Lily

I have one word 'LASER'. Its wonderful, I have lasered just about every part on my body and it makes me feel heavenly. I used to shave my face just imediately before applying make-up and found that I still was using extra foundation to cover up stuble. This made me feel sad and unfeminine. Now after my 3rd laser treatment on my face almost all the hair is gone and if I shave just before my face looks as hair free as a genetic female. Not having facial hair also takes away some of the icky masculine {angular} appearance. Also having to shave your chest, abs, arms, hands and feet are not part of being a girl. So having lasered all that makes me feel wonderful. And having lasered my legs is a luxury that I have over most genetic females. I know its very expensive but it alot cheaper, quicker and less painful than electrolysis, if you have the right combination of skin tone and hair color that is. After all we light skinned brunettes have to have atleast some advantage over the blondes.

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    I used Nair for Men on my back last week, and am still paying for it. I have little red bumps on my back from using it. They don't itch anymore, but...this is all frustrating. I wish I had enough $ to get my back lasered.

Sirena
    Sirena Rivera
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing." - Theodor S. Geisel

I agree

I have come to the conclusion that creams never work.

All they do is make your skin red, and still leave all that ugly hair.

A razor is the best still. Although laser is tempting.

An interesting post, especially as I was about to buy some hair removal cream for my chest and legs. often wondered if it actually worked. Thanks for the caution Lilygirl, I'll stick to shaving with triblade razor and creamy foam.

I guess I'm the odd one out, as I've used depilatories on my legs, arms and chest on occasion, and they worked really well. The reason that I've never been a regular user is the smell and cost. It's cheaper and more convenient to simply shave.

I also use a Braun epilator on my hands and arms, stings a bit (well, more than a bit, especially at first, bu it's bearable), but gives me great results with minimal stubble.

Carol

I've used Nair bikini creme for years, works great - once and only once a week. If I see a spot I missed (the next morning) I have learned to leave it be.

always had light fair/fuzzy hair on face-legs-arms. Tried the laser treament years ago and worked well for a while- but regrowth. Went with electrolysis and it is smooth as a babies butt since!!! But beware...the elctro treatment is not painless!!! But worth it in long run

Hair removers

I can't stress enough to be careful with dephilatories. That stuff contains Thioglycolic acid, very nasty! If it weren't for the hydroxides in it to neutralize the Thio, it would take your skin off down to the bone. Follow directions exactly. I make dehpilatories, I know. Ericka

The Unlucky
    I've used nair before without any problems, however the hair came back just as fast as if I would have shaved. What's the point in that?

I have to shave my face everyday and I am tired of it. Not just because I CD but it's just a pain in the @$$! So last month my wife and I waxed each other bikini areas and "stuff". That wasn't as bad as Iwould have thought it was going to be. So I had the bright idea to try and wax my face..............

Yeah I found out that when wax is applied to the face it doesn't cling to the hair at all just the skin under it. God that was horrable, I looked like I had been in a car accident but all the hair was still there.

I'll never do that agian.

More then expected
    I've used Nair for Men on my legs and underarms...it worked quite well on the underarms, which I like, cause shaving them sucks.(I keep them shaven all the time anyway). The legs, not so much. I'm going to try Veet. Maybe I just have to leave it on a little longer then the recommended time(not too much longer, of course. Better to have a hairy leg then no leg)
    Times when I'm alone, Times when I'm sad, Times when I'm scared...but Times when I'm glad.

Thank you:
    Matt,Brittany,Claire,Brittany,Joe,Karen,Sharon

Redhead Ready to Rock Bobbie cd's Avatar
    I used Veet on my chest, legs, behind the other night.
    It worked quite well for me, the only place it got dicey was
    when I got a bit too close to the bikni line - !!
    Have been using a Schick Silk Effects on my legs and such previously, works quite well with the little wire grill to help prevent nicks. Thought about trying one of the Venus razors, anyone had any experience with those?

Quote Originally Posted by Ericka Richards
    I can't stress enough to be careful with dephilatories. That stuff contains Thioglycolic acid, very nasty! If it weren't for the hydroxides in it to neutralize the Thio, it would take your skin off down to the bone. Follow directions exactly. I make dehpilatories, I know. Ericka
    You are our fem chemical expert, Ericka!!!!

Love Karren

.......My Photos

New England, Mass, Lowell, north of Boston 1/2 hour

Gosh:(

Look's like we gal's who are looking for the best way and cheapest to remove hair will have to just hope trying all the different remover's to be carefull and remember to read the instruction ( 1ST) IF YOU TRY IT IN a out of way spot and it burn's, no biggie so learn the HARD WAY I was going to try veet? or whatever but hearing it has no affect on the hair's as someone said, I wont try it now, thank's to you girl's, Nair work's for me, Id like to do waxing but cant find any large size around, just little strip's anyone know where larger can be found? ty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbie cd
    Thought about trying one of the Venus razors, anyone had any experience with those?

I use a Venus but not the vibratory razor, but I th ink the blades are as much as Gillette Mach3 turbo which always does a superb job.....

They are nice around nipples and sensitive spots (Haven't had to shave those since hormones but still), but the Venus is rounded to prevent knicks like that.

I have one and it is easier to hold when wet and slippery too.

But I'm going to get some Veet and try it, legs only.....

I've thought about a wax job on the legs, my hair is fine blonde and I've read it lasts up to 6 weeks - anyone?

Electrolisys is for me, someday, face, small chest hairs.....
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

I still shave and will continue to do so. It's really not a big problem, except the back. I use an old Norelco electric shaver with an "extension" handle taped on for my back only. I know it's MM, but the only way I can get back there. Did someone say something about a "body shaver"? What's that? Where to get one?

Vikki

Having a Bubblegum Crisis Priss's Avatar

Hot Wax

Ok. I know it sounds like ouch! However once you get used to it, it's not that bad. I used to do my legs and pits, however over time and with hormones my hair is lighter and better just shaved.

I used to do back hair for a friend... It's actually quick and easy.

Wherever you want to use it, the hair should be about a quarter inch or so. Wax on. Strip on. Wax and hair off... It's not as bad as you might think, and actually makes you feel kind of sexy that you're doing it in another way that any woman might. Not to mention how smooth your skin in the area feels afterward. The worst time will be the first, but don't just go on the Joey Tribiani reaction...
    Priss

I want to live bravely and love without fear.
    I want always to feel the wings of grace near.

We all will be Christed when we hear ourselves say...
    We are that to which we pray...
    Jewel

When it comes to the face, only three things should be considered: shaving, laser, and electrolysis. Waxing and stuff like Nair will pretty much produce nothing except tears and colorful language. In fact, waxing can make future electrolysis more difficult because the follicle can get bent out of shape, making it harder for the needle to find the spot it needs to kill the hair.

I've said it before but since it's not in this thread I will add ... my experience: Nair For Men = bad news; Nair For Women = much, much better.

I dont know why anyone would contemplate putting Nair on thier face.